• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuz

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked already, but I tried a search and wasn't able to find relevant information:
I've read somewhere else that the M/K controls are pretty bad, and it's not even possible to rebind the keys, even movement keys.
Now, since I always rebind all the keys in *any* game and I can't play with wasd, this is pretty concerning if true (doesn't actually sound true to me, since previous Witcher's game had a good control scheme and were completely rebindable).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone found a merchant that sells "Potion of Clearance"? The one that lets you respec. I didn't fully understand the ability system so I have pounds in vitality regen and vitality that don't do anything because I can't activate them.

Movement is kinda frustrating. Trying to loot items you have position yourself just right and also be standing completely still, to be able to loot or even get a prompt to loot. I spent like a minute doing 180 degree turns trying to get lined up to loot a fucking crate.

Also when you come to a pack of enemies that is higher level and you just want to run away, he will auto lock randomly and go into slow backpedal mode when your trying to sprint. Surely there are better movement mechanics they could have implemented...

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I tried a search and wasn't able to find relevant information:
I've read somewhere else that the M/K controls are pretty bad, and it's not even possible to rebind the keys, even movement keys.
Now, since I always rebind all the keys in *any* game and I can't play with wasd, this is pretty concerning if true (doesn't actually sound true to me, since previous Witcher's game had a good control scheme and were completely rebindable).

You can't rebind WASD, but you can rebind almost everything else. I haven't had much of a problem with M/K so far, except for switching lock on targets. Also, the default keybindings are pretty bad, like having to use a modifier to strong attack. I've switched them up quite a bit.

Going to try DS4 this afternoon though, and see if I like it better.

Zomba13

=O

I haven't actually met him in the game yet, so I'm hoping that's not Dandelion. Just doesn't fit him at all.

I thought it might not be him but he says things like "this bards tale" and "my dear friend Geralt" so it sounds like something he'd say. I haven't read the books, only played the games so I don't know if Geralt has another bard friend but I assumed it's Dandelion because the character bios are done from his point of view and I assumed they carried that over to the loading screens.

Could be a completely different character though as I've also not seen him in game yet but if that is supposed to be him then yikes.

Virdix

I'm about to start on PS4 after I download the patch, what option do I select so that I get the Witcher 2 questions? Do I simulate or not?

MMaRsu

I got the game today and I am loving it so far, except for some framy-ness in the first area. Right now I am just starting of the main quest and on my way to the inn in Whitechapel.

I love the map and the soundtrack and stickers, its really a nice touch!

But I have on weird thing and thats the translations. The griffin bestiary actually uses the word 'higher' when it should say 'hire'. Like.. wtf? lol

@ Virdix yes simulate I think it will allow you to choose some options later, then use post 1999 as what yo do.

GeeDuhb

So question...I have never played a Witcher game before so I am worried about the difficulty. Can it be changed during the game or is it locked in from the beginning? This will help me decide what difficulty to choose.

epmode

I really dig the windy tree effect but it sure would be nice if it only happened occasionally. Are all of the areas like that?

Glass

Page 100 hype. Don't even own the game yet, currently playing through the first game and enjoying reading all the impressions and dem screenshots in the meantime.

Has anyone found a merchant that sells "Potion of Clearance"? The one that lets you respec. I didn't fully understand the ability system so I have pounds in vitality regen and vitality that don't do anything because I can't activate them.

Haven't seen one yet, but what do you mean by not being able to activate abilities?

Virdix

I got the game today and I am loving it so far, except for some framy-ness in the first area. Right now I am just starting of the main quest and on my way to the inn in Whitechapel.

I love the map and the soundtrack and stickers, its really a nice touch!

But I have on weird thing and thats the translations. The griffin bestiary actually uses the word 'higher' when it should say 'hire'. Like.. wtf? lol

@ Virdix yes simulate I think it will allow you to choose some options later, then use post 1999 as what yo do.

Thank you! But I think I'm going to use my own choices from the first time I played the Witcher 2, appreciate the help!

brau

There will be 16 free DLC. The first two are out.

huh... i didn't even see this. Where do i check to see if i have them?

usually they show on PS4 at the bottom of the start screen before booting up the game. I got the bundle Witcher 3 with Season pass, so i should have that. But nothing shows up.

LProtag

Is the only way to avoid missing quests or failing them due to advancing the main story to compulsively search them all out before doing the main quest?

Is the only way to avoid missing quests or failing them due to advancing the main story to compulsively search them all out before doing the main quest?

I suggest just playing at your own pace and not adopting the Ubisoft strategy of clearing out everything. Just pick up quests here and there, do stuff you encounter but don't turn the game into a shopping list. You will miss out on quests, you will lock some due to choices you made earlier so no sense in going for 100% right from the start.

I also left White Orchard at level 3, although I am playing DM so I am getting less xp. Did most quests though.

one complaint i feel like the controls are ass not a big fan of the combat

I can't wait until a game is like the witcher but with dragon dogma type of combat

Skyzard

Banned
Is the sun spunking on your screen/view not bothering anyone else?

VPloZI9.jpg

Also I found a griffin's lair before even getting up to the point in the story, hopefully it's a different one as
the griffin was already dead...which seems a bit confusing as they've asked me to kill it

Last thing, anyone confirm there is rain in the PC version too?

JJDubz

You can't rebind WASD, but you can rebind almost everything else. I haven't had much of a problem with M/K so far, except for switching lock on targets. Also, the default keybindings are pretty bad, like having to use a modifier to strong attack. I've switched them up quite a bit.

Going to try DS4 this afternoon though, and see if I like it better.

I've gotta change a bunch of them for M&K. Move quick menu to ctrl, heavy attack to right mouse, parry to E, etc.

It might just be that I played W2 too recently, as I keep trying to use the controls for it.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to make the quick menu a 'hold' and not a toggle? Would seem much better like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom