• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKelpo

Banned
Fucking hell I can't figure out the swimming controls at all. Geralt just flaps and spins about in the water in any direction he wants. I'm amazed I haven't drowned yet.

are you playing with a controller? on the ps4 X swims forward, O swims down and square swims up.

if you just want to swim up, press square... if you want to swim forward in an angle, press X and square.

once you get used to it, it works alright, but yeah..can be a bit clunky at times.

My geralt is eating a shit load of food at the second highest difficulty. One thing especially - raw meat. Can you cook that shit to make it more effective?

That looks about right. What really sucks is that the rest of statue isn't bad, it's just Geralt's head. And it's pretty bad. He doesn't even have eyes, and the paint just doesn't look good.

I'm going to re-paint mine. The sculpt is really quite amazing but they really butchered the paint job. It will be one of a kind when I'm done :). But you're definitely right, if I didn't plan to re-paint mine I'd be pissed I paid for it like it is.

OmegaDL50

I've been doing some testing.

I can confirm with absolute certainty that killing enemies does give you experience.

I killed a Warg, one of those red colored wolves. I already had the journal entry for this monster in my bestiary.

Before killing the Warg I had 889 exp, and after killing it I had 901 exp. So while it's a very small amount of exp, I was not in a quest, and I did not fill in a bestiary entry.

The only explanation of me going from 889 exp to 901 exp was from killing the Warg.

Might not be a very large amount of exp, but it IS an exp gain nonetheless.

Edit: I will create a video later once I run into another critter to show the before and after of killing it due to my aimless exploration in the woods of white orchard.

MihowZa

Banned
Just crafted two new swords that made it twice as fast to kill ghouls, so that's amazing. About to leave Orchard now and hoping the hurricane blows over.

Realyn

I expected the worst reading some comments, but damn - I'm blown away how good this runs on my 4 year old 2500k and a 280x I got for 200€ over a year ago. And no crashes or anything like that. Booted it up, spent some time with the settings and I'm just playing since then.

ValfarHL

Hoooooooooooly crap the atmosphere in this game!

This is the first time ever that I've literally stopped up in a game, in pure ave of how freakin' beautiful everything is!

A storm is brewing, the trees are swaying heavily in the wind, the clouds are thick, with just some moonlight passing through, the sky lights up as Thors bangs his hammer.

I've just ventured past the first small town, and I'm already in sweet, sweet love!

Now I really regret promising my better half she could play the full game with me, seeing as she's a really busy person compared to me. :(

Eyothrie

Yup, this is exactly what I'm noticing too. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so sensitive to such things. I've decided I'm going to hold out and wait for a patch before I continue playing. It's gonna kill me, but if it means a better experience then I can wait a little longer.

That's brutal. Holding off from buying it a while

robotrock

Banned
How does the recommended levels in this game make sense?

Says Vellen is level 5, but I don't understand how you can level beyond 3 in white orchard. Takes forever to actually gain levels

Yeah, someone please explain this. I'm struggling on grasping this concept too.

Sorian

Banned
Asking again, is armor a smith makes for you supposed to be in your inventory? Had one craft some armor for me and it's nowhere to be found.

If you crafted something for an empty space then the game equips it automatically. (For example, if you weren't wearing boots and you had some boots crafted, the game just equips them.

are you playing with a controller? on the ps4 X swims forward, O swims down and square swims up.

if you just want to swim up, press square... if you want to swim forward in an angle, press X and square.

once you get used to it, it works alright, but yeah..can be a bit clunky at times.

Yeah, it's weird, because then you've got to lift off the buttons to move the camera. Ah well I'm sure I'll get used to it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sorry for all the questions but this is my first Witcher game and I'm not all that familiar with the deeper mechanics and flow.

Did a quest where I found a pan for an old lady
and during the course of it found an item that's listed as a quest item but has no bearing on that quest. Will it come up later on or did I miss something?

Hoooooooooooly crap the atmosphere in this game!

This is the first time ever that I've literally stopped up in a game, in pure ave of how freakin' beautiful everything is!

A storm is brewing, the trees are swaying heavily in the wind, the clouds are thick, with just some moonlight passing through, the sky lights up as Thors bangs his hammer.

I've just ventured past the first small town, and I'm already in sweet, sweet love!

Now I really regret promising my better half she could play the full game with me, seeing as she's a really busy person compared to me. :(

Two save files. As long as you make a manual save you can start another game file. Just make sure to make another manual save each time you swap between them though as autosaves get wiped.

TheRed

I feel dirty for taking advantage of this super speed bug to complete quests. I'm like the Flash Witcher. I think my normal jog is faster than roach in full gallop and my sprint jeez, plus all my attacks come super fast, i can just mash x to win against everything before they can react.

MAX PAYMENT

FYI:

These settings are going to be as god as if not slightly better than the ps4 with HBAO+ on.

If he can score 35-40fps then your system will have no problem. Your card is slightly faster than his and your CPU is more than enough.

Awesome. Thanks. I was curious what GPU you have, as I'm considering upgrading myself.

What is the best card I can pair with a 2500k without bottlenecking?

Geralt must be getting fat and flatulent from all this constant eating and drinking. You can't tell me he is eating nothing but dried nuts and fruit all day.

TMC

I remember someone asking about the Best Buy steelbook. Here is a picture of what I received. They arrived separately.

uEq1KBV.jpg

Ricker

Has anybody with the US PSN version of the game got the two free DLC packs yet? I can see that it's up already in the UK Store but nothing is showing up in the US Store for me.

Only thing I got was a Monster theme lol...still on v1.01 also.

Hagi

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first Witcher game and I'm not all that familiar with the deeper mechanics and flow.

Did a quest where I found a pan for an old lady
and during the course of it found an item that's listed as a quest item but has no bearing on that quest. Will it come up later on or did I miss something?

Quest items really are just items you find during quests sometimes. They give you a little more information regarding what happened but that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if the letter gained from that particular quest is useful down the line though.

I'd buy a real gwent game, really enjoying playing it.

DrSlek

I just met that spice merchant, Emyhr Var Emreis. Then I realized how much I missed in the first area. Am I able to go back to previously visited areas?

Horp

Hah, that's great.

Nice. Although you can still hop with the horse with nothing near you - just tap B, if you hold it Geralt gets off. Timings might be a tiny bit iffy I dunno.

That sucks...no CPU overclock? Maybe dial it back...third party apps...argh that does sound like a pain to figure out, sorry to hear that.

Turned Foliage distance to medium. Voila, no crashes for 3 hours now. Thanks!!

Wreav

Banned
I'm a janky movement complainer and I'm new to the series. Is this a "you don't know how bad you have it" post? And like the above poster, I'm coming off Bloodborne as well.

Definitely not a how bad you have it post, but this series is BY FAR the jankiest I've ever played. I literally laughed out loud watching that camera video, thinking about how if THIS is the biggest hurdle to get past in TW3, it's GOTY material.

PreFire

Holy shit, love the weather so far.

Walking through the woods and the wind starts howling and everything in the environment is reacting.. Trees and leaves swaying, Geralt's hair and the sound..

Btw, destroyed the Griffin like a boss lol

In the OP it says:

"- Import your Witcher 2 save file or make your choices during an introduction sequence before the game begins."

This is incorrect, right? You don't make the choices before the game begins, you get to do them a little bit into the game, from what I understand? Otherwise I must have managed to click the wrong button, but from what I've heard this isn't done before the game begins.

First crash, Gwent seems fucked. :(. Was a decent little mini game, too.

Missing anything besides extra money for skipping it?

Great, first game of Gwent, I pass and it crashes.....

Exact same happened to me. Three hours of playtime so far and this was the first and only crash thus far. Happened during the first game of Gwent when I pressed pass. Maybe it only happens for that first game, don't know.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Gwent is actually fun as hell. Almost makes me wish they had an iOS companion app for it to just play whenever and build my deck. I had some intense battles that came down to the wire with the first guy who gives you a unique card.

murgo

Seriously, fuck Gwent. The AI ALWAYS has perfect cards and beats the fucking shit out of me. Can't even beat the Bloody Baron :(

what bothers me the most is that there is no level indication for the question marks on the map, am I missing something? their level requirements are all over the place. am i supposed to just check them and make a handwritten list what the requirement ist? or just do them all when I am completely overleveleld?
I don't understand what they were thinking.

Thats the whole point IMO

Its a sense of mystery

Its a halfway house between doing just core missions/key side quests and exploring 100% of each map

RedSwirl

So the loyalty price was pre-order-only. Crap.

Well, that puts my purchase decision down to Steam or physical PC (which comes with a GOG code and all the usual GOG extras). I have to admit the extras GOG offers even outside the pre-order look good, like the soundtrack.

Edit: Wait, I just remembered you get all that crap in the physical box anyway. That puts Steam at a disadvantage.

Keinu

Been playing for a couple of hours and this game is amazing. The world and the quests have been top notch so far. Also think the combat is improved from Witcher 2, really enjoying it so far.

Swimming controls could use some improvement though.

The game can't really be as big as it looks can it? Holy crap, it's huge.

I don't think it is. I mean don't get me wrong it IS big. But the way the map sections are laid out feels like it gives a false impression of being bigger than it actually is. At first I thought each map section was being treated as an individual cell but that doesn't seem to be the case by the looks of it. If I'm wrong then holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom