• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripolygon

Banned
So how do you level up in this game or find better armor? I'm on level 3 and i've done a few side quest and just left the king who hires me to find his daughter who happens to be Ciri.

Edit: A PM would be nice.

woen

you can disable it at least on galaxy in more tab--> configure .

Don't know it it might work, I play on PS4.

Otherwise, the new armor is cool. You need a lot of money but it's worth it and it's better looking than the green/black or blue/white set around lvl 4-5.

Moff

Realizing potions restock after meditation on the second highest difficulty has made things so much easier. You basically have 3 Swallow potions per battle so long as you meditate.

is alcohol easy to come by?
any other tipps that make life easier?
I really want to beat this game on hard but I start dying a lot.
I usually use quen (the shield) and dodge a lot, that's basically it.

Sorian

Banned
Nope. Wasn't an empty space and it's not equipped. So, seems like the game glitched at just didn't give me my crafted item?

It would appear so. You sure it deducted the items and money? I'm pretty sure if you exit the screen while the crafting is still taking place, it just cancels the item.

Sevenfold

Not used physical media in years. It's taking a LONG time to install. Anyone else had the same?

(Currently a fifth of disc 1 after about 20 minutes with the remianing counter saying 93 minutes and has been bouncing around between 60 and 400(!))

Can I put the code in anywhere? My internet is quick but damn I miss game boxes with stuff in them!

You can find alcohol in a lot of random loot spots wherever there's a lot of NPC's. Villages, outposts etc etc.

I had the same problem this morning. Turn off your ps4 and then turn it back on and it should load properly.

I had the same loading issue too.

I managed to fix it by going offline, deleting the game, clearing some space off my HDD (it was 90% full), turning the PS4 off and back on again, reinstalling the game, waiting 10 minutes then starting the game still offline without the patch installed.

Don't know if all those steps are necessary but that's what I did.

Thanks...fixed :)

I can get the game on a mix of Ultra settings and some high and some middle with more than decent fps, I might tweak it a but more, but I'm a console gamer first and foremost. If it looks good enough and runs well enough, that's all I need.

I barely reached the tutorial area, so for now, not much opinion of the game.

Sorian

Banned
So the griffin's head is going to be on the back of my horse forever? can i sell it? or trade it for something nice?

It is currently equipped and giving you a bonus. All special creatures you kill and take a trophy from are equipment. (Only 1 can be active at a time)

It would appear so. You sure it deducted the items and money? I'm pretty sure if you exit the screen while the crafting is still taking place, it just cancels the item.

Yep, materials are definitely gone. I had that thought and immediately went back into the crafting menu and didn't have enough materials to make another any more. Lame.

So the griffin's head is going to be on the back of my horse forever? can i sell it? or trade it for something nice?

There will be other monsters and other trophies.

Anyone know where I can buy saddlebags?

I saw this yesterday and I can't remember where... One of the merchants in white orchard has them.

Anyone else think you shouldn't have to walk to a sign post to fast travel??? I dunno what I think about this.... It's probably right the way it is otherwise I'd fast travel everywhere.

Afrodium

Banned

It's much easier to come by than food. I've just found it by looting barrels and cabinets. It seems that theft is only enforced when you're on town streets. You can loot indoors right in front of the homeowner with no repercussions. Loot away and brew some potions.

hbkdx12

Me too. Really hoping I can wrap my head around everything. Buying a saddlebag for my horse helped a lot with encumberence.
jyeah I had my eye out but it doesn't seem I have any merchants available yet that sell it

sell heavy stuff like weapons and armor you dont need, you can quick travel to a merchant using sign posts

you get recipes and blueprints for crafting alchemy and armor/weapons that explain what components are needed for that (eg early bombs use the yellow flowers) over time

A lot of junk you can dismantle into generic parts like leather which are used for crafting weapons and armor
Thanks for the tips. I fast travel to merchants to sell stuff but either they have no money or a lot of the stuff I have in excess, they won't take.

So I shouldn't be selling junk, just try to dismantle it?

Sorian

Banned
Yep, materials are definitely gone. I had that thought and immediately went back into the crafting menu and didn't have enough materials to make another any more. Lame.

Yeah, hopefully just a bug with that particular item and not something bigger. I can say I've crafted one silver sword and it was in my inventory no problem.

lionpants

I just opened up my Collector's Edition. The statue looks great, except this part...
fKarZhx.jpg
I'm debating emailing CDPR to see if they'll send a replacement or something. I realize it is supposed to have a large amount of blood in that area but mine looks like the paint was sloppily stamped on or something. Anyone else's statue have the same issue?

Dany

Banned
How do I access more quests that give me XP. because i'm not high enough level to advance. WHere do contract missions go to?

Peff

Get the sun and stars skill early on so you won't have to use food between fights. Otherwise offensive signs are fairly powerful, it's probably more helpful to keep your distance and use Igni before going in for the kill than trying to attack with Quen cast.

TMC

Ok got my answer online, might interest some people

"When you download the free Beard and Hairstyle DLC the growth of the beard will stop because we decided that when players want a predefined look, it would be weird to require from them to reapply it time after time."

This is stupid, at least give me an option or at the very least a notice.

So hopefully I have a save not too far before I chose a beard, the 5 choices are not my style and the hairstyles are meh. Classique hairstyle+long beard or nothing.

Thanks for this. I guess I will refrain from applying it.

LeBart

Yes Roach, run around in a circle and keep bumping into me and the 6 drowners I'm trying to fight, that'll help a lot!
This horse is a big dummie.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I just opened up my Collector's Edition. The statue looks great, except this part...

I'm debating emailing CDPR to see if they'll send a replacement or something. I realize it is supposed to have a large amount of blood in that area but mine looks like the paint was sloppily stamped on or something. Anyone else's statue have the same issue?

I wonder if anyone actually got a good one. Seems like these problems with the statue are pretty common.

This game blowing my mind

althou as experienced Witcher from poland I feel bit too strong on hard (im 4 lvl, doing massacres on 9 lvl packs)
well - thats what WE WITCHERS DO. KILLING MONSTERS

This might just be the best RPG I ever played. Holy crap the witting is so good. The
keira
quest line is amazing, toke like 3 hours and it was all side quest.

So the only storage is the horse? Should I not be hoarding ingredients then? My weight is like 2/3s at any given time and had it fill up a few times with junk gear. Should I take a trip to
Novigrad
before the plot takes me there? Right i'm just questing in the area the game takes me in. Would like to see if the big city has more gear to get.

eviltasan

Just got through the first 4-5 hours and taking it real slow and taking everything in. Playing on PC on the hardest difficulty. Incredible game so far.

lionpants

fKarZhx.jpg

Moves fast, quote for new page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom