• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosur

Why does Amazon offer release day delivery if they can't actually deliver on release day T_T
My copy won't be here until tomorrow. The only reason I ordered off Amazon in the first place was because I thought I would get the game release day... Amazon is garbage

Complain you'll probably get something from them (free credit for another order most likely) as they promise release day delivery.

Any tips for defeating
The botchling that you face during the Bloody Baron quests? Keep getting killed when the wraiths turn up (been thinking its because I was too low level as only 3 so currently doing side stuff for a while till i get to level 5)

My thoughts exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game but that really detracts from the experience. I'd rather wait for them to address this issue before going forward in the storyline. Fps drops here and there I can tolerate, but this is a bit too much (even tough many might not care). If more people bring this to their attention they will take a look at it, I'm sure. From the pc guys impressions it's really not connected to fps drops so..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4k9-_2X7pk&spfreload=10

This is what we're dealing with (not my video though)

Happens everywhere, even indoors when there's nothing going on. Really annoying.

Yup, this is exactly what I'm noticing too. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so sensitive to such things. I've decided I'm going to hold out and wait for a patch before I continue playing. It's gonna kill me, but if it means a better experience then I can wait a little longer.

styl3s

For all the hate that gerstmann's tweets and thoughts on his time (albeit only a few hours) with the game got in the review thread, I'm seeing a lot of the same issues echoed here

Me leaving out of gamestop with my collector's edition of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.

fXgwHnW.gif

erlGqwT.jpg
Does your statue look like a chinese bootleg? Been debating about picking one up since my BB still has like a dozen.

This thread is somehow killing the little hype I had for this game...

Tight gameplay(to a certain degree) and responsive controls are a must for me and this doesn't seem to be the case here.

I feel the same way. I was going to take a break from work to go pick the game up but I'm now having second thoughts...

Oneself

So I guess people who said the game felt way more polished than Unity really meant that it felt more Polish. Right? Guys? Guys??

Seriously, got my copy today, can't wait to try it later tonight :)

Dumb question. My playtime is reading much longer than I've actually played. Is this supposed to be our time playing the game or Geralts time in the world based on the in game day/night cycle?

Anyone know if "romancing" one lady removes the chance to door with another? IE. Will "romancing" Truss or Kiara keep me from "romancing" Yennefer later on?

it's great that I can just wait a couple of months, buy the game cheaper, and have it patched a lot of times. that way, my first experience with the game is going to be good. :)

Zakalwe

Banned
For PC users.

Seems the crash fix I listed earlier has done the trick.

Rolled back nvidia drivers to the GTAV set, set to full screen, and set setting power management mode to "prefer maximum performance" in nvidia control panel.

Wash crashing once every half an hour or so. After an hour with the above I haven't had one. Will report back again in a couple of hours.

it's great that I can just wait a couple of months, buy the game cheaper, and have it patched a lot of times. that way, my first experience with the game is going to be good. :)

I can buy it from Bestbuy with GCU for $50 get a $10 reward cert, beat it in a few weeks and return it for $30 and put it towards the next game.

As sad as it is, I think I may start doing this a lot this gen. I'm still waiting for Bloodborne's frame-pacing issues to be fixed...

Game has top notch, Rockstar level production values but crucially gives you a lot of input in shaping the narrative of the game. And speaking of the narrative, continuing with the theme of this franchise, the story doesnt even try to shy away from the worst impulses of human nature, doesnt even try pretend like everyone its world has anything like a "fair" shot at life or that every story has a redeeming outcome. Very Game of Thrones- esque that way.

Does your statue look like a chinese bootleg? Been debating about picking one up since my BB still has like a dozen.
While you're not asking me, I just picked mine up, and unfortunately whoever did the paint on Geralt's face did a terrible job. His head in general looks pretty bad. From what i've seen so far, the rest of the statue isn't bad, but Geralt's head definitely is.

Yeah me too i thought the combat in the first two games was bad but in this i actually enjoy it

Can only get better I imagine too, as new skills are unlocked etc.

Anyone know what the yellow text represent during conversations, is it a particular narrative?

First Witcher game :p

Livanh

Sorry if this has been asked, but can someone give me a quick runedown of mutagens? Are they really permanent ones they are put in? Or can i just not take them out but replace them?

Moff

what bothers me the most is that there is no level indication for the question marks on the map, am I missing something? their level requirements are all over the place. am i supposed to just check them and make a handwritten list what the requirement ist? or just do them all when I am completely overleveleld?
I don't understand what they were thinking.

JP

Has anybody with the US PSN version of the game got the two free DLC packs yet? I can see that it's up already in the UK Store but nothing is showing up in the US Store for me.

Dead

well not really...yet
How does the recommended levels in this game make sense?

Says Vellen is level 5, but I don't understand how you can level beyond 3 in white orchard. Takes forever to actually gain levels

I want to play this badly but the main two things holding me back are the learning curve and the story. I tried playing 2 a couple of times but it was so hard. I couldn't get used to the combat and kept getting killed early on. My second concern is that I don't really know a lot about the character or the story.

The game looks beautiful and I love the mature fantasy setting, we don't get enough of that. The combat looks the same from my perspective which makes me think I'm going to get killed a lot...again. I love hard games like Ninja Gaiden but those characters only had a couple of actions so it was easy to master.

BFIB

A few hrs in, and wow, this game is fantastic so far. Already a better experience than I got out of DA:I which I put about 30 hrs into before giving up.

How is remote play on PS4? Any impressions?

Fucking hell I can't figure out the swimming controls at all. Geralt just flaps and spins about in the water in any direction he wants. I'm amazed I haven't drowned yet.

TheRed

I just got a bug where i have super speed while everything else is normal speed, sooo it makes death march a piece of cake :O and I already wasn't having too much trouble!

ThisOne

Maybe I'm playing on too easy of a difficulty but combat is weird. I just beat the Griffin by basically button mashing. Never came close to dying. It's disappointing because of how many complicated systems and stuff they have in the game yet I can still win by just mashing triangle repeatedly.

butts

PC player here (M+KB) - why can't I get strong attacks to work reliably? It says to hold in shift and left-click, but that doesn't seem to work at all. The only time I can get a strong attack to work is if I press both buttons at the exact same time and let go immediately.

Just want to say the price of this game on Steam (post launch) is insane for a PC game. £49.99! The PS4 and Xbone versions are cheaper in Tesco's right now as they're selling for £44.99. Madness.

I hope to have this game finished by the end of the summer. I can't play it every day with reviews and other stuff, but should be able to put in the 50 hours over time.

Reebot

Seems like I'm hearing a lot of complaints........making me question my purchase. Is it not living up to expectations?

I think that depends heavily on who's expectations.

Series vets? Exceeded, no doubt. I would be incredibly surprised to hear about fans who think Witcher 3 hasn't hit every note.

But newcomers? Yeah, a lot of the game is clunky and awkward, especially at first. People expecting the ease and power of Skyrim will probably be turned off.

For what its worth, I readily acknowledge the combat as bad and the controls really poor but the game as a whole is an absolute triumph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom