• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitoriginal

Haven't followed the hype much, but I'm really impressed with the dialogue and combat. I'm a newby to the lore as I didn't really get very far into the Witcher 2, but the story in 3 feels really dark and intriguing. The world crafting at the beginning is particularly good - I feel like I'm in for a good ride!

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Gwent is so frustrating when pretty much everyone has awesome cards except you. Is buying cards the only other way to get new cards besides winning them from others?

Audioboxer

I'm playing on easy due to disliking the laggyness of controls. It really is easy, but meh, enjoying the quests and story. I don't normally play on easy, so hopefully after a few more hours the controls click with me a bit more and I can up difficulty.

Anyway, I'm under an impression that each towns are separated by different maps.
What happens if I cross the border of a map? I thought there's no loading screen.

Is the implication that Geralt has fully recovered his memory by now? I seem to recall that it was still a bit spotty by the end of TW2, even if he had recalled a lot.

Anfang

something that is really bothering me and I need to know. In the orchard area, if you give the girl the swallow potion do you at any point found out what happens to her later on?

Jsheldon

Man, Gwent is so frustrating when pretty much everyone has awesome cards except you. Is buying cards the only other way to get new cards besides winning them from others?

Same question from me. Although I i may just be crappy at it, it tooke me over a half dozen Tries to beat a nilfgaardian I the Vizima courtyard.

Any one have early game pointers for getting better cards early on?

Loving the game so far, the atmosphere is amazing! I just wish you could hide the HUD during gameplay, or disable parts of it like the button prompts which are unreadable anyway. Hopefully these things will get patched soon.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Is the implication that Geralt has fully recovered his memory by now? I seem to recall that it was still a bit spotty by the end of TW2, even if he had recalled a lot.

Wondered that myself when he immediately recognized
Keira Metz
, who as far as I know he hasn't met since before he got amnesia.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyway, I'm under an impression that each towns are separated by different maps.
What happens if I cross the border of a map? I thought there's no loading screen.

Take a close look at the map, you explore a few large sections of the land but a small fraction of the continent. White orchard, as big as it is is just the tutorial zone. The rest are far bigger but just boxes in the entire landmass. Think of it like having a few states to wander in the U.S.

If you reach the edge of a region you get a message forcing you to turn back. Still, game has one of the largest explorable real estate yet, despite not being fully open.

In case anyone hasn't got this in their e-mail, a massive full map of The Witcher 3: https://rapidxbx.blob.core.windows.net/witcher3/w3map2.jpg

w3map2.jpg

psychotron

Need help.

Whats the best choice when you get the black box on the side quest and chase down the guy? Let him go? Turn him in?

RoadHazard

Gold Member

No, it's just the into area is a separate map (might be a few more of those later on). The main open world is a huge seamless thing (ok, there are two of them) with no loading anywhere.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently you shouldn't sell your starting gear and just upgrade them, sadly I already sold mine. Someone needs to make a mod that puts them back in your inventory.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Holy shit the strategy guide is amazing. Overwhelming in detail. The bonus book in the ce version is awesome too, like a beautiful codex.

ironcreed

Banned
You really cannot even come close to realizing how massive and alive this world is until you trek and sail around a bit and yet I have barely even put a toenail print into Velen. I am just speechless.

11008436_892283597502075_4638621778428879527_n.jpg

Take a close look at the map, you explore a few large sections of the land but a small fraction of the continent. White orchard, as big as it is is just the tutorial zone. The rest are far bigger but just boxes in the entire landmass. Think of it like having a few states to wander in the U.S.

If you reach the edge of a region you get a message forcing you to turn back. Still, game has one of the largest explorable real estate yet, despite not being fully open.

No, it's just the into area is a separate map (might be a few more of those later on). The main open world is a huge seamless thing (ok, there are two of them) with no loading anywhere.

Ah, that explains it then.
White Orchard is still a tutorial zone lol. I'm still in there atm.

ironcreed

Banned
Ah, that explains it then.
White Orchard is still a tutorial zone lol. I'm still in there atm.

Just wait until you reach Velen. You will look at the map and think, damn this is huge. Then you start exploring and slowly start to grasp just how colossal it really is.

Salsa

switched from blood and broken bones to story and sword for a bit since I died a couple times and I havent played a witcher game in a while but now it seems too easy, mh.

ironcreed

Banned
switched from blood and broken bones to story and sword for a bit since I died a couple times and I havent played a witcher game in a while but now it seems too easy, mh.

That is where I am playing and you still have to be careful even here. I might try to go up a notch once I feel more adept.

Moreche

I'm not enjoying the frame rate on PS4 at all.
I've just started it, got past the tutorial and I'm finding the game to stutter along.

Gothos

So apparently you shouldn't sell your starting gear and just upgrade them, sadly I already sold mine. Someone needs to make a mod that puts them back in your inventory.

I highly doubt they want you to use the same equipment the whole game :D

You can really tell the developer has a real love for PC style item menus. I know they primarily have seen themselves as PC devs but their roots are obvious on consoles.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

If you remember what vendor you sold them to, you can get them again. I did the same and was able to buy them back.

You can really tell the developer has a real love for PC style item menus. I know they primarily have seen themselves as PC devs but their roots are obvious on consoles.
Between that and the text size this really does seem like a PC game. Still good though.

Also, where are you guys seeing DLC on the PSN store?

So, am I the only one that thinks Geralt's movement really, really sucks?
Playing on PC with a Xbox controller, and I sincerely can't deal with how he reacts to me pushing and pulling the stick.
I hope that's a problem with my controller, or something.

It's not you. His movements need more weight to them. Or something....

Ilive1up

Yo, the
werewolf side story where you have to track hanah and then find the lair
is really kicking my ass. Thing keeps healing and I can't live long enough.

Mafro

You can just go to the merchant and buy them back. I don't think they disappear until you move to the next area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom