• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Omg the traversal mechanics/controls are so bad. Been trying to get into this abanded tower for 30 mins. Yes geralt plz climb halfway up then turn back and run off the edge not only giving me fall damage but going the opposite way I'm pushing the stick. Gah.

Almost have my "photo mode" cheat engine table finished. Current features:

Free camera
FOV
Timestop (freeze game while being able to control camera)
Time of day (go from dusk to dawn with a few key presses)

Here's time of day demonstration I did (I'd do a GIF if I weren't too lazy to record video).

A few shots I've taken so far:

17823773106_5e9f9ab92a_o.jpg

17876620585_bedbe2b51f_o.jpg

17873651162_b689b789f3_o.jpg

17689071800_22daee5307_o.jpg

And some more...

zurcybnaj

Neo Member
Any feedback for the PS4 version? Like slowdowns,loading times, etc? Thinking of buying for the PS4 or wait for next year when I upgrade my PC and snag one when its cheaper.

viveks86

Free camera
FOV

Here's time of day demonstration I did (I'd do a GIF if I weren't too lazy to record video).

And some more...

Amazing. Can't wait. With camera control, we would really be able see how much the engine is capable of

Dammit... this is the first time Release Date delivery via Amazon (I have Prime) has dropped the ball. Looks like I'll be getting this tomorrow. Oh well, more Bloodborne tonight I guess :)

RoKKeR

Necrophage Oil, keep dodging, and pick them off one at a time; keep your focus on a single target until you've widdled the entire group down.

Signs like Igni and Aard are good for stunning them for one or two good hits. Haven't tried it yet, but if Yreden can even slow them down a bit, it should be quite helpful for crowd control.

Necrophage Oil is what you want. Apply it to your Silver Sword and you're good to go. I always make sure I have a Quen activated as well before I go into any fight. Advise doing that too.

Thanks, will give these a shot.

So I failed the
sidequest where you run into that guy at the side of the road who attacked that Niilfgardian caravan and asks you to get the strongbox.
because my horse was nowhere near me and it wouldn't come no matter how much I called it and he got away.

After he got away my horse finally decided to show up.

Okay then.

jett

D-Member
Anyone else getting absolutely overwhelmed by the inventory?

I'm maybe 4 hours in, and my alchemy inventory is at its absolute max, and I still can't make shit.

I honestly don't know what to do with 90% of the stuff I pick up. Do I sell it, dismantle it, hold on to it?

I honestly have no fucking clue. It is overwhelming.

Hello and welcome to the witcher.

No, that never gets any better.

Is there a work around for the infinite loading bug after these initial (unskippable) cutscenes (ps4)?
Here's what luckily worked with my copy.

Uninstall update. You should get past the bug then. play till you can save. Save game and then restart PS4. Install the update. Then start a new game. This got us past the loading bug.

On the verge of picking this up on PS4.

Did the day 1 patch fix the framerate? I know the complaints were all from 1.01 or the day 0 patch or whatever that reviewers had, I haven't seen any impressions with the new one

On the verge of picking this up on PS4.

Did the day 1 patch fix the framerate? I know the complaints were all from 1.01 or the day 0 patch or whatever that reviewers had, I haven't seen any impressions with the new one

It's a little framey in the cutscenes but I've had no issues in the open world or combat.

jett

D-Member
Any mods yet? Particularly to remove weapon degradation and/or weight limit.

Free camera
FOV

And some more...

I guess CDPR forgot to animate Geralt's face during gameplay. :p

TheFatMan

Been playing all day. Done a ton of side quests and I haven't ran into one yet that didn't have a great story with it.

The Keira quest line is huge, been messing with her (pun intended) for hours now.

Obviously the "?" are pretty standard fetch and kill like things, but man even without them there is a ton of content in this game.

woen

Any feedback for the PS4 version? Like slowdowns,loading times, etc? Thinking of buying for the PS4 or wait for next year when I upgrade my PC and snag one when its cheaper.

It runs well most of the time, had a few frame drops to zero and a couple more at low20fps when there was rain, lots of lights or ennemies. It happened like 4 times, 5 times in almost 10 hours. You can always re-play it next year on PC, you could have a graphic bump + mods + quests replay value.

Wish it had a photomode by the way. It should be a standard feature on all console games, it costs nothing and players always make wonderful things with it, unlike the bullshots.

Been playing all day. Done a ton of side quests and I haven't ran into one yet that didn't have a great story with it.

The Keira quest line is huge, been messing with her (pun intended) for hours now.

Obviously the "?" are pretty standard fetch and kill like things, but man even without them there is a ton of content in this game.

By far my favourite quest line so far. Did you finish it yet? How did it turn out?

OmegaDL50

There is a broken quest in this game.

It's called Dirty Funds, The Official Bug thread over at reddit claimed it was a PS4 only issue, but I'm on PC here and I have this problem.

It's perhaps best to simply say this issue isn't just isolated to just the PS4 version but ALL versions of The Witcher 3. The Xbox One version possibly included as well.

It will probably be fixed in an upcoming patch though. Still annoying to have a unsolvable quest in my Journal though.

i'm not sure which choice i made at the menu at the start of the game regarding witcher 2 saves. i'm pretty sure i chose the top option... will i still get to choose in the dialogue after the intro? do i want to or is the default good? i just want characters to be alive and present like
letho
(mild witcher 2/3 spoilers)

dedhead54

I have put at least 7 hours in to this game since I picked it up this morning. I probably haven't done that in 10 years with any game. I am loving every second of it.

viveks86

I guess CDPR forgot to animate Geralt's face during gameplay. :p

Yeah there are 2 photomode annoyances. One is no facial expressions. Second is no control over Geralt's posture. Even if you set the camera upwards for the screenshot, he still looks straight ahead :/

KorrZ

It's called Dirty Funds, The Official Bug thread over at reddit claimed it was a PS4 only issue, but I'm on PC here and I have this problem.

It's perhaps best to simply say this issue isn't just isolated to just the PS4 version but ALL versions of The Witcher 3. The Xbox One version possibly included as well.

It will probably be fixed in an upcoming patch though. Still annoying to have a unsolvable quest in my Journal though.

I just finished this quest an hour ago

woen

The worse is a failed quest :(

zurcybnaj

Neo Member
It runs well most of the time, had a few frame drops to zero and a couple more at low20fps when there was rain, lots of lights or ennemies. It happened like 4 times, 5 times in almost 10 hours. You can always re-play it next year on PC, you could have a graphic bump + mods + quests replay value.

Wish it had a photomode by the way. It should be a standard feature on all console games, it costs nothing and players always make wonderful things with it, unlike the bullshots.

Thanks for the feedback, guess I'm picking up the PS4 since the performance is good enough for me.

RDreamer

First bit of experience on the actual big map is kind of frustrating. I can't find anything I can actually do. Seems everywhere I find and every quest I find is too high of a level.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I had the same issue with that quest on PC.

Well, I think I broke my game.

Went to load the Last Current Save and it messed up--got the loading icon but not the loading screen. Tried a different save, same thing. Closed the game, opened it back up, and when I "press any button to continue" at the main splash screen, it just stays at "Please wait..." forever.

I've hard rebooted the Xbox, closed and reopened the game, played another game and app, then came back.

If I reinstall, will I lose my saves? Xbox One.

OmegaDL50

The guy who is the voice actor for Geralt in Witcher 3, is it same guy for Witcher 1 and 2?

Because I swear it sounds like I'm hearing David Hayter speak every now and then.

If Sutherland didn't do Snake in MGSV, The guy who does Geralt's English voice would definitely be a solid alternative.

Basketball

Decided to take a boat off to a island a bit off the coast looking for some loot.

landed then I strolled around (I turned off most of the Hud) looking for treasure

then here comes a Lv 18 Mini Dragon thing chasing me

The Dragon landed and yep it runs fast. I ran my little Lv 4 ass back to the boat sailed fast as I could crashed into a rock in the middle of nowhere. Geralt went into the sea

Surrounding me were about 8 or 9 lvl 7-10 drowners

This game is sweet and I got boots

hawk2025

Well, I think I broke my game.

Went to load the Last Current Save and it messed up--got the loading icon but not the loading screen. Tried a different save, same thing. Closed the game, opened it back up, and when I "press any button to continue" at the main splash screen, it just stays at "Please wait..." forever.

I've hard rebooted the Xbox, closed and reopened the game, played another game and app, then came back.

If I reinstall, will I lose my saves? Xbox One.

It's a common occurrence -- I assume that the Xbox will automatically keep your save in the Cloud, but it's probably best to double check. Here's the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048542

First time playing a Witcher game here, and my first impressions are not too good to be honest :( , and I really wanted to like this.

Aside for a few minor glitches, the game does look beautiful on PS4, but about the movement and combat...

I don´t know, after playing Bloodborne this just feels so clunky and unresponsive, hopefully it´ll get better later.

Also, just as I was starting to get engaged in story, the game crashes, right after pressing skip in the card game, like many other people here.

I think I had enough for today.

Maybe I rushed too much to play this, maybe I expected something different, I don´t really know, but I´ll try to keep at it.

Dont forget though that bloodborne is a very melee combat focused game (no early game magic, guns are almost entirely just a parry)

In Witcher 3 you are already a powerful magic user with many very different "spells" right from the start, so its like playing a high level magic user with large selection of spells/attunement in dark souls games but who also is proficient in melee and ranged (can equip any weapon in the game)

I have to say, these side quests are addictive. While a lot of them do revolve around doing favours for people, which I think is an inevitability with most quests in any game, they feel extremely voluminous and meaty.

I've done quite a few side quests that have really fleshed out the games world and lore to the point that they could easily be part of the main game, and yet they're completely optional. Coupled with side activities and all the contracts, hidden caves/treasure etc, I can see where the claim of 100 hours+ of content comes from.

I can tell for example that after over 20 hours I'm still relatively early on in the story -
Just finished the Ladies of the Wood quest
. God I love this game, technical issues on PS4 aside. I can't think of a single way it takes a step back from The Witcher 2, honestly.

I love the game but encountered in White Orchard only a quest breaking bug and an abandoned place I can't free (because there are no enemies around).

This is kinda spoiling the experience for a completionnist, but hy the game came out today, so, maybe patch ?
I found an abandoned place (a shrine) which had no enemies there until I came back later at sunset/night and killed some ghouls (I think they were). So I think time of day may be important.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say, these side quests are addictive. While a lot of them do revolve around doing favours for people, which I think is an inevitability with most quests in any game, they feel extremely voluminous and meaty.

I've done quite a few side quests that have really fleshed out the games world and lore to the point that they could easily be part of the main game, and yet they're completely optional. Coupled with side activities and all the contracts, hidden caves/treasure etc, I can see where the claim of 100 hours+ of content comes from.

I can tell for example that after over 20 hours I'm still relatively early on in the story -
Just finished the Ladies of the Wood quest
. God I love this game, technical issues on PS4 aside. I can't think of a single way it takes a step back from The Witcher 2, honestly.

Maybe I'm weird but I much prefer side quests to the main story, way more combat and freedom.

OmegaDL50

I don't know with this game. I removed weight limits in TW2, so I accumulated a whole bunch of garbage I never used. Seriously, all that shit you pick up? 99% will not be put to use.

I usually dismantle old swords and stuff, if anything nets me over 30 gold I generally sell that off so I can a decent influx of both crafting materials and money.

Some items are naturally better to be sold off rather then broken down because of the item itself is far more valuable then the sum of it's parts. Like certain rings and items with a "magic item" label

Jebral

I don't know if this is a glitch, an oversight, just the way it is or what. But it's annoying :-/

During some fights, the game does not allow me to lock on. Now, I don't always use it, but for large single targets it's great! Fighting bears, for instance.

The two times so far it has been disallowed:

Ciri
boss fight with the werewolf. Took a few jabs I shouldn't have while wrestling the camera

And Family Matters early-ish quest
fist fighting the Bloody Baron during the fire

Both of these were prime candidate for using lock on, but it was unavailable for some strange reason. What the heck? like I said, annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom