• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooksoup

Can someone explain to me why the Sun is out at 3 AM pls?

Just a thought, could it be the setting is just very far North or South in the world?

For example, Reykjavik, Iceland at the height of summer sees sunrise before 3am.
Warsaw, Poland Earliest sunrise is about 4:15am so no crazy far off.

Or does the Time /Sun position slowly get out of sync in game?

ufo8mycat

Thanks.
It's bad. Surprised there's not more talk about it. It's not a normal frame drop it's something I don't remember experiencing on my consoles.

I think there is not as much talk about it, because a lot of people don't notice any stutter, including myself. It seems smooth to me.

The only time when I noticed stutter was when I jumped on the horse and went full speed and it stuttered for like half a second and then it was fine. Happens rarely though.

Vitor711

So, how does health regen work on hard mode? Because I'm always low and just making Geralt binge eat bread/water doesn't seem like a particularly elegant way to get my vitality up after each fight.

Also, I'm about to hit the
Golem
boss with 5% hp remaining and no food items... Do I need to have a perfect fight here or is there something I'm missing? Don't remember there being hp potions in TW2 but it's been so long that I might be mis-remembering.

I think there is not as much talk about it, because a lot of people don't notice any stutter, including myself. It seems smooth to me.

The only time when I noticed stutter was when I jumped on the horse and went full speed and it stuttered for like half a second and then it was fine. Happens rarely though.
Maybe I just use the right thumb stick more than most for the camera. Sure, move straight ahead and it's smooth sailing but look left or right and that's when my eyes say hell no.

So, how does health regen work on hard mode? Because I'm always low and just making Geralt binge eat bread/water doesn't seem like a particularly elegant way to get my vitality up after each fight.

Golem
boss with 5% hp remaining and no food items... Do I need to have a perfect fight here or is there something I'm missing? Don't remember there being hp potions in TW2 but it's been so long that I might be mis-remembering.

I had to pick up the sun and the stone ability for hard mode to conserve food. It gives you 10 vitality per second while it is day time. Pretty much the only passive regen available.

Salsa

imadeahugemistake.gif

so I got to the choices

realize I chose simulation on, which I wanted to

... but I don't remember my choices

does anyone know what would be the "default" answers if I would have chosen for the game to decide for me? since that's probably what ends up as "canon" anyway and I remember very little about TW2

ughhh

antitrop

I like how Geralt feels like much more of a detective in this game than the previous ones, or at least The Witcher 2, specifically. For TW2, I felt like they dialed that aspect of his character back a bit from the first game.

I'm also impressed how CDPR widened the scope of the game so vastly over the previous two, while still keeping the core identity of the series intact.

Jolkien

Golem

Drink Swallow potion ? They were in Witcher 1 and 2. The Sun and Star passive is also a good way.

Skyzard

Banned
Really enjoying the game but there's a lot to take in. My first witcher game and I'm actually digging the combat too, dodge, parry and roll, it's a nice mix. Playing on second hardest difficulty, it's on the challenging side but fun and seems pretty fair.
Selecting the signs is a bit iffy in combat though with a controller, could be better I feel, at least tighter. Other than that, so far so good.

Also witcher sense is great, I'm enjoying it, usually I'm not a fan of that stuff.

A lot of menus and bits and bobs...I bought some script that said it'd let me regenerate vitality outside of combat but I don't see it anywhere, is it automatically enabled or am I missing it...?

Another thing, does anyone know what a "Master" item means?

Also haven't seen how to upgrade weapons but I'm still early I guess, just took down the
griffin
. Read that's the way to go instead of selling your default gear.

Still haven't seen rain drops in the pc ha :p There's time...

Salsa

seriously this is stupid. if the questionary comes fuckin 6 hours after I started the game why not let me choose a "I don't remember" option or something that defualts to whatever the choices are if you choose not to simulate

what a dumb omission. been looking online and apparently no one knows what decisions would be the "default" equivalent

Badgerst3

I am afraid to start alternating between Bloodborne and this. Combat and movement here seems like they won't compare in the slightest. Hmmm.

Anyone currently playing both?

Nyx

Played 3 hours last night on the PS4.

What camera stuttering? I barely notice it...
After reading tons of comments on it I was prepared for the worst but everything's just fine.

I have the camera sensitivity on 0.75 if that matters.

So far the game is absolutely amazing!

seriously this is stupid. if the questionary comes fuckin 6 hours after I started the game why not let me choose a "I don't remember" option or something that defualts to whatever the choices are if you choose not to simulate

what a dumb omission. been looking online and apparently no one knows what decisions would be the "default" equivalent

Why does it matter? The default world state isn't a canon world state. If you have no attachment to a version of the events in the previous games, then why would it matter which version it is? :x

Salsa

Why does it matter? The default world state isn't a canon world state. If you have no attachment to a version of the events in the previous games, then why would it matter which version it is? :x

well, I know there's no "canon" but since I don't care for the choices I made in TW2 4 years ago I would have prefered to experience whatever CDPR decided to throw in for players who didnt choose those choices. I know it's not "canon" but it's the closest to it on a world state basis

now since I don't remember nor care im just choosing wether yes or no to if someone lived by complete chance and it's dumb

I just don't see why the option doesnt come the moment the fucking questionary begins

it bums me out and im not gonna lose 7 hours of gameplay time. It's a really stupid design decision wether or not few people find myself in my scenario. no real reason to implement it this way.

I like how Geralt feels like much more of a detective in this game than the previous ones, or at least The Witcher 2, specifically. For TW2, I felt like they dialed that aspect of his character back a bit from the first game.

I'm also impressed how CDPR widened the scope of the game so vastly over the previous two, while still keeping the core identity of the series intact.

Indeed.
It's a Witcher game, with every characteristics of the series, but in a new huge scope.

Salsa

furthermore I don't understand why CDPR can't come forward and say "if you choose NOT to simulate a save these are the equivalent choices the game makes for you:" since i've seen many threads online asking about it

super weird and annoyingggggggggg

drotahorror

Starting to get a bit frustrated. I just got to Velen? I think it's called. When I go to explore the question marks there's sometimes level 10's all the way up to 16. I'm level 4. Completed every quest in the first zone, killed a ton of things as well. The 16's 1 shot, the 10's 2 shot. Always groups of them too. I even have some quests now that are level 36.

But still, the first area that it drops you in Velen, there's level 16's. What am I suppose to be doing right now??

Vitor711

I had to pick up the sun and the stone ability for hard mode to conserve food. It gives you 10 vitality per second while it is day time. Pretty much the only passive regen available.

I did that too but I swear it's not working - maybe it's just too subtle for me to notice.

Also, is the levelling really this slow? 10 hours in and just hit level 5. At least I found all 5 places of power in the starting area and could use those to expand my skills.

Jolkien

furthermore I don't understand why CDPR can't come forward and say "if you choose NOT to simulate a save these are the equivalent choices the game makes for you:" since i've seen many threads online asking about it

super weird and annoyingggggggggg

The default world state probably has the maximum possible of character still alive. We saw all these character that could die in the latest trailer they released, so they are in Witcher 3.

Jolkien

I did that too but I swear it's not working - maybe it's just too subtle for me to notice.

Also, is the levelling really this slow? 10 hours in and just hit level 5. At least I found all 5 places of power in the starting area and could use those to expand my skills.

Did you equip the skill ? Once you learned it you need to put it in one of the slots on the right. It's the same for all the talent. I made the mistake of not equipping it for like half a level >_>

Wag

Oh shit, it seems I broke one of the quests. I can no longer create the first Witcher armor, the second part of the quest disappeared for me so I can't get the armor I need to create it. Well, that sucks (I'm on the PC).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
How do I craft more bombs after the initial crafting? Trying to make some new Samsum bombs, but can't do it anymore because it says I already have some.

Jolkien

How do I craft more bombs after the initial crafting? Trying to make some new Samsum bombs, but can't do it anymore because it says I already have some.

Meditate. If you have alcohol everything crafted with alchemy will be restored to max stack. For 1 alcohol.

zkorejo

I like that this game lets you skip quest steps if you can find things on your own. Very cool, and something I've always appreciated. I skipped both instances of having to go talk to characters in the griffin quest by just stumbling on the next stage of the quest by exploring.

Same happened with me. I killed
The Shrieker
, it was an amazing fight during heavy/stormy rain. I got his head as a trophy and a notification that there was a bounty to collect for it.

drotahorror

Starting to get a bit frustrated. I just got to Velen? I think it's called. When I go to explore the question marks there's sometimes level 10's all the way up to 16. I'm level 4. Completed every quest in the first zone, killed a ton of things as well. The 16's 1 shot, the 10's 2 shot. Always groups of them too. I even have some quests now that are level 36.

But still, the first area that it drops you in Velen, there's level 16's. What am I suppose to be doing right now??

Ok, looks like instead of doing side quests before the story mission (like I did in the first zone) is the wrong thing to do. Have to continue on with the story mission to take me to an area more suited to my level. Atleast that's what it seems like.

Jolkien

Ok, looks like instead of doing side quests before the story mission (like I did in the first zone) is the wrong thing to do. Have to continue on with the story mission to take me to an area more suited to my level. Atleast that's what it seems like.

Yeah the random stuff in Velen vary greatly in levels since it's such a huge zone. The story will give you the xp you need to get you started. There's also a few quest to do at lvl 4-5 to find.

So my PS4 game keeps crashing when I try to pass while playing Gwent. Is this a common bug? I hope they patch it soon as I really want to try the game out.

Salsa

The default world state probably has the maximum possible of character still alive. We saw all these character that could die in the latest trailer they released, so they are in Witcher 3.

yeah fuck it everyone¨s alive

actually think I went that way for the most part

Jsheldon

I've been getting slaughtered all the same (minus a quest or two) and managed to find a cave full of overpowered equipment for crafting (level 27 armor meanwhile I'm level 3 :/). Also did a Witcher contract a few levels above me but I'm playing normal. I'm going to get back on the main path based on your post so that I can actually get some play time in against balanced enemies....and hopefully reduce dying load times. Thanks for the tip ;)

Yeah the random stuff in Velen vary greatly in levels since it's such a huge zone. The story will give you the xp you need to get you started. There's also a few quest to do at lvl 4-5 to find.

How many story missions would I need if I'm level 4? I tried tacklin the ware wolf mission and got my arse handed to me.

yeah fuck it everyone¨s alive

actually think I went that way for the most part
Dude you have such a cute avatar, I picture you being the little mole or bear.

But the was actually the best way to go And more in line with the default settings.

How many story missions would I need if I'm level 4? I tried tacklin the ware wolf mission and got my arse handed to me.
This is why I started to explore and do contracts. The
werewolf
just handed my ass to me.

Aces&Eights

Happy to say all my fretting and worrying was for naught. Yes, the controls are a little wonky but holy shit the game makes up for it. Popped it in tonight and about half way through WO and need to craft to fight the griffin. Really impressed with the story, graphics and world. Very well done.

So, about a quest. In WO there is some guy shooting arrows at me from up in this building but I can't seem to get up to him? Anyone know how to get up there? I circled the whole tower thing and I cant climb any of it.

EDIT: It is my understanding that EX points come from doing quests not fighting enemies. And that the level up points are going to be a lot less than what options I have for leveling up. So, um, how do you farm in this game, lol

Vidpixel

So my PS4 game keeps crashing when I try to pass while playing Gwent. Is this a common bug? I hope they patch it soon as I really want to try the game out.

For what it's worth, the game crashed on me when I tried to pass in Gwent as well. It's the only major issue I've come across so far (been playing for about five or so hours).

Jolkien

Not that much every step in the story that gives xp most of the time give you like 30-50% of a level worth in XP. If monster are 6 levels higher than me I can manage (on death march) higher than that it's really hard. I beaten a 10 levels higher than me after a few try, without Quen it was one shotting me lol

Acinixys

I do not have a PS4

But the last 40 or so pages if this thread lead me to tell you yes, PS4 does have an issue with crashing while playing cards

Hopefully another patch drops in the next week to fix the more serious issues

Im playing on PC and every time I try read something in the inventory my game crashes

TheFatMan

I went and did a whole story arch at level 4, the quests were rated 5-6 and I got a LOT of experience from it. I suggest you pick a story quest and stick with it for awhile to get built up. Not having any problems now that I've reached the level 10 range.

Note, if the quest is green then you can probably handle it, even if the recommended level is higher. (green text in the quest screen that is)

Ugh, I was afraid of this happening. Since I still don't know all the systems very well in this game, I don't know what to ever put my ability points into. Ive spent 3 points so far, but I've got another 3 that I'm like terrified to put into anything because I might be specking my character wrong.

LegendX48

So are some of the things up on the notice boards just entirely pointless? I've noticed a handful now that I've taken that are not quests or anything at all. Some add a marker on the map and some just outright do nothing despite the note asking for help with something.

TheFatMan

Ugh, I was afraid of this happening. Since I still don't know all the systems very well in this game, I don't know what to ever put my ability points into. Ive spent 3 points so far, but I've got another 3 that I'm like terrified to put into anything because I might be specking my character wrong.

I've read that you can purchase a respec item later for 1000 gold. A steep price, but you don't have to fear permanent choices I don't believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom