• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDown

Banned
Login and go to your library under account tab. Then you can download the files separately.
You can also install gog galaxy (beta) and install the game just like you install games on steam.
kk got it thankyou. Do you need to keep the client around to launch the game after said install?

Jolkien

Text is too small, can't read :p.

Another thing, when people say the game crashes ( like when playing cards) is it just the game that crashes and you're able to just close the game and start up, or does the console crash with it where you have to restart your console?.

It's weakness are
Grapeshot, Hybrid Oil, Aard, Quen
Additional help:
When he fly around and try to grab you, shoot it with your crossbow it'll crash down. Drink a Thunderbolt potion when you have a good opening and go to town on him. At half health you have a breka and you gotta chase him, you can full heal then. Never stay in front of him he has a surprising long reach/wide arc attack

ironcreed

Banned
Its going to be damn difficult for another game to top this in my personal GOTY awards this year. I'm only 8 hours in and its just a god tier RPG. There are a few things that aren't perfect such as framerate and some glitches, but goodness the quests, story, graphics, and writing more than make up for it.

Even combat feels much tighter than TW2

The quality of the atmosphere, insane level of world building and design, the story telling, side quests, the voice acting and the world itself is on another level. Add in some greatly improved and just plain fun gameplay and it is just a behemoth of a game. It's a once in a generation type of experience and that is not hyperbole.

kingwingin

So what is the consensus on PS4 version? Good enough to play?
I'm going to say near flawless. People will say there is stuttering and framerate issues but I believe it's from the camera not panning properly and causing hiccups.

I made a comparison video showing it off in another thread. It is kinda annoying when the camera stutters but I'm assuming it's an easy fix

Velen/No Man's Land is beautiful, especially when you get that deep blue sky with the rolling cloud cover and high winds, but wow is the loading time for this area brutal on PS4 (standard HDD). Like 60-75 seconds just sitting there every time you die, reload, or need to fast travel back into it.

It's weakness are
Grapeshot, Hybrid Oil, Aard, Quen
Additional help:
When he fly around and try to grab you, shoot it with your crossbow it'll crash down. Drink a Thunderbolt potion when you have a good opening and go to town on him. At half health you have a breka and you gotta chase him, you can full heal then. Never stay in front of him he has a surprising long reach/wide arc attack

I'll just say that I have never used a single potion at this point and that goes for the crossbow too.

Salsa

oh shiettt monster denssss

uTxwHgC.jpg

Jolkien

I'll just say that I have never used a single potion at this point and that goes for the crossbow too.

You need to learn, and fast, unless you play easy mode or something, then I guess just mash away :p Crossbow spoiler
You get it right before fighting the Griffin

Text is too small, can't read :p.

Another thing, when people say the game crashes ( like when playing cards) is it just the game that crashes and you're able to just close the game and start up, or does the console crash with it where you have to restart your console?.

My crashes (PS4) have all been the just-restart-the-game type. (No need to close it, as the crash does that for me. :p )

Blizzard

Banned
...I just realized I think I have arrows in my inventory at the start of the game, but the tutorial didn't mention anything about crossbows. Only bombs. I should look into that.

It would have been kind of funny if I'd gone all the way through the game before realizing I could shoot arrows. *edit* Ah, the post above cleared that up. I'm not there yet.

You need to learn, and fast, unless you play easy mode or something, then I guess just mash away :p Crossbow spoiler
You get it right before fighting the Griffin

Ok, thank you. I probably have some in my inventory, but I've just been using food,water and meditation to heal. I'm playing on medium.

ironcreed

Banned

I have got about 14 hours or so on the PS4 version and I have not had any crashes or anything. Only a frame dip or two and a couple of stutters during a conversation. Beyond that, it is without question one of the best role playing games I have ever played and is probably going to easily end up being my favorite when it's all said and done. The reviews are not bullshitting you this time. The game is genuinely as good as the hype suggests.

Galaxy still says "release in less than one hour" right next to the big green play button, don't know what's up with that.

Weirdly, I can't find the exe anywhere in the install directory, so I've been forced to launch the game with Galaxy even though I downloaded it via the website.

Edit: Found it, pretty annoying that they buried it under two subdirectories.

Uhhh after using the xbox one hard reset method, I can actually play this game now. But when I get to the gamma section, no matter how bright I go the circle picture just stays dark. No image is barely visible.

I have a 720p 32" Samsung ( :'( ) and have never had a problem with calibration before, including MKX. Is this a bug?

O.DOGG

...I just realized I think I have arrows in my inventory at the start of the game, but the tutorial didn't mention anything about crossbows. Only bombs. I should look into that.

It would have been kind of funny if I'd gone all the way through the game before realizing I could shoot arrows. *edit* Ah, the post above cleared that up. I'm not there yet.

You probably don't have the crossbow yet. You can't miss it when you get it.

Blizzard

Banned
Uhhh after using the xbox one hard reset method, I can actually play this game now. But when I get to the gamma section, no matter how bright I go the circle picture just stays dark. No image is barely visible.

I have a 720p 32" Samsung ( :'( ) and have never had a problem with calibration before, including MKX. Is this a bug?
I -think- I read someone saying that there's a bug where you have to be ingame sometimes before the gamma image will show up. Try loading your game and then going to options.

frontovik

Banned
How does upgrading armor work exactly? Do you still simply enhance it or am I missing something here.

I thought upgrading was obtaining better armor sets.

I'm doing a playthrough on PS4 right now, and its a pretty fantastic port.

Not flawless mind you. You will encounter some framerate issues and a few bugs, but the overall experience is more than solid. Graphics for an open world this size and complex are beautiful and for the most part the game runs fine. Just like I said, be aware on the technical side you will run into some issues but not by any means game breaking ones.

1 ot 2 patches and this thing should be near perfect

Spoilers for after a quest. Just avoid if you can

So I just the
Letho Side quest. Such a good quest. After IT was finished I sent him to Kahr Mora. Something tells me all the people im sending there is preparing for something big.

Such a good quest. this fuckin game...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Gwent is pretty neat. Finally built a deck and played some games.

Won a new leader card with an awesome ability!

They need to make a Gwent companion app for mobile.

jamsy

Hey GAF, I've been avoiding this thread because I didn't want anything spoiled but I have to ask - as someone who hasn't played the previous Witcher games, how much am I missing if I just start with the third one?

I played the first half hour of Wild Hunt and it's been awesome. Previously I tried Witcher 2, and I kinda hated it. Storywise, am I missing a lot? (ie, the import save, etc) Or am I mostly OK going in without knowing any of the background of the characters, et al?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've now had my game freeze three times on PC...

:/

4690k, 970.

I had this issue with my 970 as well.

I used Driver Cleaner to completely uninstall my drivers.
Next I reinstalled the latest drivers.
Finally I make sure to turn off my overclock and close out PrecisionX completely.

drotahorror

I've been getting slaughtered all the same (minus a quest or two) and managed to find a cave full of overpowered equipment for crafting (level 27 armor meanwhile I'm level 3 :/). Also did a Witcher contract a few levels above me but I'm playing normal. I'm going to get back on the main path based on your post so that I can actually get some play time in against balanced enemies....and hopefully reduce dying load times. Thanks for the tip ;)

Well, I'm on Death's March so imagine my struggle.

Also, I found a contract that was level 36, I entered a cave area just exploring, had some level 5 enemies. Then the contract updated, so I thought naw this can't be level 36. I did the whole quest chain and it lead to a crazy ass boss. He 1 shotted me, didn't even have a level, just a health bar like a boss would have, like the gryphon.

Hey GAF, I've been avoiding this thread because I didn't want anything spoiled but I have to ask - as someone who hasn't played the previous Witcher games, how much am I missing if I just start with the third one?

I played the first half hour of Wild Hunt and it's been awesome. Previously I tried Witcher 2, and I kinda hated it. Storywise, am I missing a lot? (ie, the import save, etc) Or am I mostly OK going in without knowing any of the background of the characters, et al?

In terms of the core plot, you should be ok. Granted, being familiar with the story and characters makes this even more enjoyable but I think the game is far and away high enough quality that its an experience that shouldn't be missed. Jump in with Witcher 3!

If you are really concerned with being lost, watch the story recaps in the OP

playing since yesterday. No issues just finished the first area. I am running v 1.01 and 0 issues. No frame rate drops or nothing. Apparently there is a v 1.02 but not available for US yet. It is supposed to fix the framerate even more.

playing since yesterday. No issues just finished the first area. I am running v 1.01 and 0 issues. No frame rate drops or nothing. Apparently there is a v 1.02 but not available for US yet. It is supposed to fix the framerate even more.

Are you certain it fixes the frame rate some more, I think the post notes said 'support for DLC".

Dynasty8

One of the main reasons why I'm enjoying this game is because of how much I loved the storyline in TW2. Never played the first one, but IMHO, the characters, kingdoms, and events in Witcher 2 are pretty important. At the very least, watch some recaps and read up on some of the lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom