• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

casnix

I really like it gotta be careful, I'm like 30 hours in and the only time I've gotten frustrated and stuck on a certain fight for an hour was a certain quest that had you fight 2 groups of about 5 wraiths at once those things wreck hard in groups.
I'm currently on that part. I got down to two on the second group and died. I had to shut it off. Those things suck.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Got caught in an infinite loading screen during one of the
teleport portals in the Wandering in the Dark storyline
Had to restart the game again. Luckily I had hit an autosave point seconds before.

Got caught in an infinite loading screen during one of the
teleport portals in the Wandering in the Dark storyline
Had to restart the game again. Luckily I had hit an autosave point seconds before.

I wouldn't trust the auto-save much, I'm finding the manual save much better and it only takes a few seconds. Be sure to save often.

Jolkien

I wouldn't trust the auto-save much, I'm finding the manual save much better and it only takes a few seconds. Be sure to save often.

Yup I always manually save, I died on a fight at some point and the auto save was quite a bit further back, never trusting it again for this game.

Furyous

I've been getting slaughtered all the same (minus a quest or two) and managed to find a cave full of overpowered equipment for crafting (level 27 armor meanwhile I'm level 3 :/). Also did a Witcher contract a few levels above me but I'm playing normal. I'm going to get back on the main path based on your post so that I can actually get some play time in against balanced enemies....and hopefully reduce dying load times. Thanks for the tip ;)

Where'd you find the cave at? I want to be over leveled too.

Playing with mini-map off is so awesome. I'm starting to learn White Orchard based off landmarks and it feels soooooo good.

I also love having to pause to look at the map and then try to remember the route in my head, like "left at this fork, take the small path, turn right at the ruins," etc. The world really lends itself to landmark-based navigation.

I remember routes based on enemies I hate. It's the best when you're grinding places of interest to gain ability points and you come across a monster nest. I'm sticking in White Orchard until I feel it's time to move on. The next town sounds like the epitome of bullshit so I'll gladly grind away here until I'm level six.

Resseh

Already had two bugs in the first hour or so :( first the game crashed when I went to pass on Gwent. And then when chasing a dude on horseback - I had a long loading screen and when that was done I was dead :(

Soriku

Uhh where can I find my contracts? I took several from the Notice Board in White Orchard, except now I only see Devil by the Well. Am I supposed to complete that one first?

Hobiologe

Xbox One version is sweeeeet!

Ai4sn6u.jpg

2Rb6StQ.jpg

7eHQv67.jpg

61fg6NV.jpg

zBOhZn3.jpg

Mra38vM.jpg

KyovJCb.jpg

Don't know if this is the right thread to ask but as someone who hasn't played a witcher game and hasn't really gotten into RPG's, would it be ridiculous to get this game? I have watched reviews and gameplay and it seems like a great game that I would enjoy, but I played a bit of dragon age: inquisition and didn't like that at all.

Jolkien

Uhh where can I find my contracts? I took several from the Notice Board in White Orchard, except now I only see Devil by the Well. Am I supposed to complete that one first?

Not everything on the board is a witcher contract. Some are just for RP and flavor for the region and most of them add a question mark on your map so you can investigate the region.

Soriku

Not everything on the board is a witcher contract. Some are just for RP and flavor for the region and most of them add a question mark on your map so you can investigate the region.

OK. Can I read them again? I just mashed X and took them all.

Dmax3901

In terms of selling stuff, why is the value of items when you look at them in your inventory so much higher than when actually selling them to people? Is there somewhere in the world that will pay that much for the item?

Holy crap at the quest
Towerful of Mice

What a wild ride. Loving the game.

Only thing sucks at playing higher difficulties is accidentally falling when precariously walking on anything without rails lol. One slip, lose so much health on even small drops, that's a lot of gold of food wasted ;_;

Patient is the key.
We can't slash all the way through to every enemies. Let them come at you, use signs, counter attack, and dodge a lot.
Preparation is also important. Potions and oils are your friends.

Possibly a stupid question, can you equip potions like you do with bread and water, and use them with a push of a button?

casnix

Don't know if this is the right thread to ask but as someone who hasn't played a witcher game and hasn't really gotten into RPG's, would it be ridiculous to get this game? I have watched reviews and gameplay and it seems like a great game that I would enjoy, but I played a bit of dragon age: inquisition and didn't like that at all.
It's different than DA. I don't really care for that game either but I love this one.

Deception

Patient is the key.
We can't slash all the way through to every enemies. Let them come at you, use signs, counter attack, and dodge a lot.
Preparation is also important. Potions and oils are your friends.
Thanks, I have been playing very aggressively on attacks so I'll try to take my time and pick my spots when I can.

Jolkien

In terms of selling stuff, why is the value of items when you look at them in your inventory so much higher than when actually selling them to people? Is there somewhere in the world that will pay that much for the item?

I think it's the maximum value you can have for the item if you find the correct NPC that's willing to pay that much for it.

Jolkien

Possibly a stupid question, can you equip potions like you do with bread and water, and use them with a push of a button?

You can equip them instead of your food on those two slots. Personally I have my potion in these slots and I eat food straight from my inventory since you can't eat in combat anyway.

Controls are starting to stick, it's nowhere bad as I thought they would be during the earlier parts of the game. I like how when using the sprint function and using the stick to direct Geralt, he doesn't go all over the place and is easy to control, unlike the character you play in shadow of mordor.

Jolkien

Hey guys is there more to find than just the question marked places? Or if I've got all of them have I completed white orchard?

There's hidden quest that don't show on the map and chest scattered around the map and in the river beds that's not marked on the map but as far as activities goes once you cleared all the question mark you're about done.

You can equip them instead of your food on those two slots. Personally I have my potion in these slots and I eat food straight from my inventory since you can't eat in combat anyway.

You can eat in combat.

It's a little frustrating only having one main slot for potions (it's the only way to play on the hardest setting) especially when potions start off lasting for 30 seconds

Dude go for it. Odds are you will enjoy it. This is one case where the reviews aren't hyperbole or overblown. The game is damned good

But you can eat in combat...I chomp raw meat and wolf livers all the time while fighting hordes of bandits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom