• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I like feeling like I'll get rewarded if I go out of the normal path, stumble upon some powerful enemies and manage to defeat them.

Ya that's my main thing too. How fun was it to go exploring in say, Skyrim or Dragon Age: Inquisition and stumble upon a ton of enemies and just decide to go for it because hell, at least it's XP and you're growing your character.

Oh... I was wondering if killing all those wolves was worth it. I guess not.

No more killing random enemies for me.

Yeah, I guess I must make sure to do all quests.

I agree, I like feeling like I'll get rewarded if I go out of the normal path, stumble upon some powerful enemies and manage to defeat them.

But what if I found a bandits camp, kill all the bandits before I find the quest for it?

You get materials. Which is a very important part of being a Witcher in how you can craft potions/oils or can sell for profit in the in-game economy. It's worth doing. That and the fact you'll want to get good at hunting your enemies and learning to exploit weaknesses.

Corpekata

Banned
Can anyone help me find out where I pre-loaded my steam copy of the game to?

I think I set it up to install on my SSD but I can't seem to find the files and I don't want to download them again tomorrow morning if I don't have to.

Anyone know where they should be located? Or will I select the install location after the pre-load is unlocked and it will be "installed"?

It'll be under Steamapps/Depotcache of whatever Drive you put it on before the preload unpacks. It'll automatically install the to the game folder on the same drive.

I think I set it up to install on my SSD but I can't seem to find the files and I don't want to download them again tomorrow morning if I don't have to.

Anyone know where they should be located? Or will I select the install location after the pre-load is unlocked and it will be "installed"?

Probably something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Though I guess I could be off the mark as it's a preload and not actually playable yet?

Mifec

They are encrypted until release pretty sure. Depotcache on c?

Palehorse

Hooo boy, just watched that launch cinematic. That's the way to get a hype on.

I've preloaded for launch but my new 960 is in transit so I won't get to play until Tuesday. Oh well, at least I can enjoy the reactions of GAF until then.

SlickVic

Haven't finished The Witcher 2 yet (
I'm in Roche's path in Ch 2 after crossing the fog and trying to collect all the items to lift the curse
), but I just went ahead and pre-ordered to lock in the 20% off price on Steam. I've been enjoying this game so much I can't see myself not wanting to dive into The Witcher 3 as soon as I'm done.

I'm hoping I enjoy the combat a bit more in W3, but if they can keep up the interesting writing and quests, this game is going to be fantastic to me.

Fliesen

Anyone who's had the game already got a rundown of how exactly the different difficulty levels affect XP gain?

maybe even tested by completing a quest, reloading, changing difficulty, ...

Exentryk

This text size is too small and it just driving me nuts.

Really? Are you playing the console versions? I recall an Arabic user also complaining about the small sized fonts. Are there no options to change this?

I had to use a mod to increase Witcher 2's font size and was hoping that W3 actually was done properly since it's coming out for major consoles the same time as PC.

It'll be under Steamapps/Depotcache of whatever Drive you put it on before the preload unpacks. It'll automatically install the to the game folder on the same drive.

Thanks (and to everyone else who posted).

I found the 21.4Gb on my dedicated gaming SSD so that's sweet. That drive will be full after this and it's only holding 4 games heh...

Just wish Best Buy was gonna be open at midnight for this. Then again, I'm not 18 anymore and staying up past 1 or 2 would probably leave me a wreck at work anyway

The time is drawing nigh!! I seriously can't wait. It has been such a long wait and now the time is upon us. Goodbye real world, we had good times together.

X-arlo

Neo Member
Hell yeah.

tumblr_n4q4dr8xQJ1r7konko1_400.gif

Is that Charles Dance? Where is it from?

JimPanzer

Anyone knows if a savegame from the EU retail copy will work with a version of The game I bought in the US PSN store granted I use the same account?

Anyone knows if a savegame from the EU retail copy will work with a version of The game I bought in the US PSN store granted I use the same account?

Well, I had the US version of MGSGZ but later bought the AUS version and my saves wouldn't work and had to start again.

Sorry for double post.

Really? Are you playing the console versions? I recall an Arabic user also complaining about the small sized fonts. Are there no options to change this?

I had to use a mod to increase Witcher 2's font size and was hoping that W3 actually was done properly since it's coming out for major consoles the same time as PC.

Ps4 version. And my eyesight is off due to recent surgery so it sucks. It's small as shit.

OW YEAH ! LETS DO THIS ! :D
Fantastic op great work love the OT <3

I have 2 week vacation starting today. to try to 100% this game by May 29th.
My PC and body are ready so lets do this! :)

nA03O9h.gif

HeelPower

so guys what's the recommended difficulty for a "stimulating" experience ?

I want the game to kick my ass and force me to learn to beat it ,but I also don't want anything insanely cheap or off putting.

I remember there was a fight with two sorcerers in TW2 that was almost close to being broken and I had to tone down the difficulty.

bombshell

Wow amazing OT.

Are the unlock times correct? My PS4 digital preorder countdown ends at midnight CET, so 1 hour earlier than the times listed.

Mendrox

Played the game since Friday and I am about 18 hours in. So far I love it even more than Bloodborne. The graphics are really good, I love listening to all thedialougues and there is too much to do lol. no fetch quests so far and everything feels so special. Every NPC acts like core characters and have beautiful faces.

The best thing, and that surprised me totally, is that Witcher 2 decisions influence quests :))) so cool and nice. Also choices in a big questline will decide your outcome... Really really cool when I had that moment. For spoiler from Witcher 2

Letho that dude lives! Did some quests with him and now he goes to Geralts home!! Also the baron questline was crazy at the end... One false decision inbetween and I fucked everything up :(

TL;DR

Witcher 2 choices are very important, game is too good, get it.

For my 24 hour rerun from the beginning:

www.twitch.tv/videogamesforu

Anyone who's tried remote play. Where do the missing buttons map to? Hopefully they've not used the rear touchpad for frequently used buttons.

Mifec

so guys what's the recommended difficulty for a "stimulating" experience ?

I want the game to kick my ass and force me to learn to beat it ,but I also don't want anything insanely cheap or off putting.

I remember there was a fight with two sorcerers in TW2 that was almost close to being broken and I had to tone down the difficulty.

Highest difficulty then. Death March.

Also the baron questline was crazy at the end

He hanged himself cuz you saved the horse demon and his wife died?

Ps4 version. And my eyesight is off due to recent surgery so it sucks. It's small as shit.
That's shitty, although unsurprising as the videos pointed to that and W2 had a shitty font size.
Coming from a Witcher 2 playthrough with a mod that enhanced font size, it's going to be a bit jarring here. In an age of accessibility settings everywhere, I can't believe this hasn't become a standard setting. Here's to hoping there's a patch. (I don't doubt there will be a mod)

Mendrox

Highest difficulty then. Death March.

He hanged himself cuz you saved the horse demon and his wife died?

Haha yes to that spoiler. Everything else was good but that was a dumb choice. :( but the Witcher 2 decision that gives you a new quest made everything up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom