• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the game since Friday and I am about 18 hours in. So far I love it even more than Bloodborne. The graphics are really good, I love listening to all thedialougues and there is too much to do lol. no fetch quests so far and everything feels so special. Every NPC acts like core characters and have beautiful faces.

The best thing, and that surprised me totally, is that Witcher 2 decisions influence quests :))) so cool and nice. Also choices in a big questline will decide your outcome... Really really cool when I had that moment. For spoiler from Witcher 2

Letho that dude lives! Did some quests with him and now he goes to Geralts home!! Also the baron questline was crazy at the end... One false decision inbetween and I fucked everything up :(

TL;DR

Witcher 2 choices are very important, game is too good, get it.

For my 24 hour rerun from the beginning:

www.twitch.tv/videogamesforu

Holy shit!
I was going to have him die, but now I think I will let him live. I kiled in W2.

Y'know, I wonder if this will be patched out by the day 1 patch... I sorta hope it isn't.

vpPgNq.gif

As far as I'm aware, that's a feature, not a bug (according to discussion in threads prior to the OT) :D

Geralt even has an animation once he finishes sliding that makes the transition from slide to standing a bit smoother - he sort of takes a few steps to slow himself down and right his balance.

AdanVC

I just spend like 15 minutes or so navigating and reading through the OT... something I have never done before... and now I really have the urge to go out and buy a super PC to play this game tomorrow holy shit!! Amazing OT! Enjoy the game, everyone! Is going to be a looong journey of a playthrough so don't forget to eat and sleep at proper hours hah. Will join later this year when I get the chance to buy either a nice PC or a PS4.

Mifec

Haha yes to that spoiler. Everything else was good but that was a dumb choice. :( but the Witcher 2 decision that gives you a new quest made everything up. :D

That quest was dark as fuck, I saw it on a stream I guess
the children will suffer cuz I actually liked the fat bastard

Great to read about Witcher 2 choices.
I avoided the Letho fight just two days ago as it seemed pointless. At the very least, I expected to see the two Viper School witchers he mentions but it's cool that he shows up.

Played the game since Friday and I am about 18 hours in. So far I love it even more than Bloodborne. The graphics are really good, I love listening to all thedialougues and there is too much to do lol. no fetch quests so far and everything feels so special. Every NPC acts like core characters and have beautiful faces.

The best thing, and that surprised me totally, is that Witcher 2 decisions influence quests :))) so cool and nice. Also choices in a big questline will decide your outcome... Really really cool when I had that moment. For spoiler from Witcher 2

Letho that dude lives! Did some quests with him and now he goes to Geralts home!! Also the baron questline was crazy at the end... One false decision inbetween and I fucked everything up :(

TL;DR

Witcher 2 choices are very important, game is too good, get it.

For my 24 hour rerun from the beginning:

www.twitch.tv/videogamesforu

That's pretty awesome to hear!
Glad I have like 4 ending states save files ready. :D

viveks86

Yes, I'm in EU and mine is preloaded and ready.

Yeah, my PS4 countdown also ends at midnight CET, so 1 hour before the times listed in the OP.

Huh? Midnight CET is 4 PM Pacific, which is what is listed in the OP. We have daylight savings right now so it's PDT

Galileo

Neo Member
About "importing" TW2 choices, can anyone confirm that there is no question about Henselt's fate (Roche's path)?

bombshell

Huh? Midnight CET is 4 PM Pacific, which is what is listed in the OP. We have daylight savings right now so it's PDT

I'm just saying the listed times are wrong.

Q. When will the game launch?
A. The game is due to be released simultaneously world-wide on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 19, 2015. Below are the exact time's in each time zone the game will be released. I hope I got this right, time zones do my head in.
- May 19th, 12 AM UTC
- May 19th, 12 AM GMT
- May 19th, 1 AM CET (France, Germany, England Spain etc.)
- May 19th, 9 AM AEST (Melbourne, Australian East Coast etc.)
- May 18th, 8 PM EST (New York, US Eastern Seaboard etc.)
- May 18th, 5 PM PDT (Los Angeles, US Western Seaboard etc.)
- May 18th, 8 PM EDT (New York, US Eastern Seaboard etc.)

BouncyFrag

Its good to hear about choice consequences from TW2. So much so that I'm tempted to play TW2 through again before playing Wild Hunt since I played it ages ago and don't remember most of my choices and could never keep all the names straight. Is it worth the effort? I really want to play Wild Hunt ASAP, but I'm patient if it makes the experience even better.

Jamaro85

Great OT, especially for someone who never played the first one and only played a few hours into Flotsam. Feel like I should be good to jump in now.

Op says:

England isn't even in CET.
Yeah, every countdown points to 12 AM CET, so I guess it should be 11 PM GMT on the previous day. England is obviously on GMT, not CET.

That's too late for me anyway so I'll play it on Tuesday evening.

Edit: yeah, I guess everything is off by one hour.

majin_pol

Neo Member
So basically save / dont kill scenarios from witcher 2 is the best thing to choose because you can meet certain characters again, choosing otherwise cuts content :>

ufo8mycat

I'm just saying the listed times are wrong.

A. The game is due to be released simultaneously world-wide on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 19, 2015. Below are the exact time's in each time zone the game will be released. I hope I got this right, time zones do my head in.
- May 19th, 12 AM UTC
- May 19th, 12 AM GMT

Yup definitely wrong. Mine unlocks in 6 hours - May 18th 10pm (Perth, Australia)

boskee

It comes out at midnight BST (London time) and 1AM CEST.

CET time that CDPR listed doesn't take summer time into account and they're notoriously bad with timezones.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
About "importing" TW2 choices, can anyone confirm that there is no question about Henselt's fate (Roche's path)?

Yep. It's gonna be out 3pm PDT if Steam is correct.

According to the Gamestar Reviewer, if you import your save you'll get more choices & consequences that through the dialogue import (i.e. the tattoo will only appear through save importing). That's a bit disappointing, especially for console players who played the previously games on pc or x360.

bombshell

It comes out at midnight BST (London time) and 1AM CEST.

CET time that CDPR listed doesn't take summer time into account and they're notoriously bad with timezones.

Well, SCEE disagree, because my PS4 countdown ends in 14 hours = midnight CEST.

boskee

Well, SCEE disagree, because my PS4 countdown ends in 14 hours = midnight CEST.

That would mean SCEE is also confused about timezones as it says 14:58 minutes for me here in the UK or they're doing midnight release for timezones in which midnight comes sooner (eg. CEST and Australia?)

Corpekata

Banned
I'd wager the Australia times are not correct. Its' the only country that seems to be reporting it early and would be weird if one random country got it unlocked early and the rest had to go with global.

- May 19th, 12 AM UTC
- May 19th, 12 AM GMT

Yup definitely wrong. Mine unlocks in 6 hours - May 18th 10pm (Perth, Australia)

Lame, maybe i should go to bed early and stand up at 04:00 pm and play some before work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd wager the Australia times are not correct. Its' the only country that seems to be reporting it early and would be weird if one random country got it unlocked early and the rest had to go with global.

Yeah, I think the countdown timer in Galaxy is a little broken. Somebody yesterday mentioned that the game was set to unlock in "less than an hour", which obviously didn't happen.

about the whole save game importing thingy. If I just download an uploaded file for W2 online, it should work when I boot up W3 right? I played W2 on 360, but am getting w3 on PC...i dont want to miss out on any continuation stuff. Ive never downloaded saved game files from someone else before, so not sure how it all works.

bombshell

That would mean SCEE is also confused about timezones as it says 14:58 minutes for me here in the UK or they're doing midnight release for timezones in which midnight comes sooner (eg. CEST and Australia?)

Yeah, but I'm not complaining, getting to play it 1 hour earlier than supposed to :)

(Unless they change it...)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm in Melbourne, my PS4 countdown now showing 6 hours also

Ht5TXi9.jpg

Good Guy Sony setting the unlock time to 12am AEST instead of 1am CET. I wonder if it'll be fixed (assuming it's accurate).

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to be an edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom