• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
about the whole save game importing thingy. If I just download an uploaded file for W2 online, it should work when I boot up W3 right? I played W2 on 360, but am getting w3 on PC...i dont want to miss out on any continuation stuff. Ive never downloaded saved game files from someone else before, so not sure how it all works.

Should be able too, just make sure to put it in the right folder (can be found in the manual which is in the OP).

I'd wager the Australia times are not correct. Its' the only country that seems to be reporting it early and would be weird if one random country got it unlocked early and the rest had to go with global.
Well, the GOG Galaxy client is still in beta, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Australia AEST here:
IZpdfTh.png

If that's correct (and I bet it's not) it's probably 2015-05-19 01:00:00+1000, or 2015-05-18 15:00:00+0000. I would hazard a guess that the client uses the local PC time to report the unlock date and so is wrong because of that. Or possibly changing your PC time will just unlock it (but surely not, and if they haven't made the files available it won't make any difference).

Edit: Yup, as expected, changing system times changes the reported times:
dzPd5PM.png

Changing it to a year in the future prevents the client from logging in at all.

Well if it's true and Australia's unlocks soon it means the PC day 1 patch will be available to pirates before Americans or Europeans get to play their legit version and since there is no DRM it's super easy.

Well, the GOG Galaxy client is still in beta, so perhaps that has something to do with it?

Australia AEST here:
IZpdfTh.png

If that's correct (and I bet it's not) it's probably 2015-05-19 01:00:00+1000, or 2015-05-18 15:00:00+0000. I would hazard a guess that the client uses the local PC time to report the unlock date and so is wrong because of that. Or possibly changing your PC time will just unlock it (but surely not, and if they haven't made the files available it won't make any difference).

You may be right. I just tried changing my system clock back 3 hours and on Galaxy client it went up by 3 hours. I just think it uses local system time as the timer but on the servers it won't unlock.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Well if it's true and Australia's unlocks soon it means the PC day 1 patch will be available to pirates before Americans or Europeans get to play their legit version and since there is no DRM it's super easy.
CDPR have always been like that with pirates. They just try to bring them in with good will.

HAL-x9000

So I have The Witcher since saturday, thanks to Gamestop ;). So far, level 3 and fought the griffin which was an epic and atmospheric battle IMO.

My question: Can I respec my skillpoints? (My first Witcher game maybe its a stupid question :) )

Saphirax

So I have The Witcher since saturday, thanks to Gamestop ;). So far, level 3 and fought the griffen wich was an epic and atmospheric battle IMO.

My question: Can I respec my skillpoints? (My first Witcher game maybe its a stupid question :) )

CDPR said we can.

Plasma

Banned
Had a bit of a strange bug last night some of the foliage turned bright green and purple, was a bit odd but it fixed itself when I restarted the game.

Daffy Duck

Fantastic OP.

Dumb question about the map in the OP, I take it the northern realms is one area, then there is skellige and white orchard (tutorial zone)?

HowZatOZ

Banned

You may be right. I just tried changing my system clock back 3 hours and on Galaxy client it went up by 3 hours. I just think it uses local system time as the timer but on the servers it won't unlock.

Yeah it doesn't work. Just changed to 1AM tomorrow and it only appears with this:

Mifec

Fantastic OP.

Dumb question about the map in the OP, I take it the northern realms is one area, then there is skellige and white orchard (tutorial zone)?

Novigrad and Velen(no man's land) is one area, Skellige Islands are another and White Orchard is the tutorial area yes. There are others that were not revealed and one that is a spoiler.

Good Guy Sony setting the unlock time to 12am AEST instead of 1am CET. I wonder if it'll be fixed (assuming it's accurate).

Edit: Oops, this was supposed to be an edit.

Yeah, they corrected the time from daylight savings. I remember not that long ago I had to wait until 1AM for the unlock.

Acinixys

OW YEAH ! LETS DO THIS ! :D
Fantastic op great work love the OT <3

I have 2 week vacation starting today. to try to 100% this game by May 29th.
My PC and body are ready so lets do this! :)

10 days = 240 hours

At least 200 hours to finish the game 100%

I hope you really hate sleeping

sleeping.gif

Sorry about the timezone stuff ups guys, I'm notoriously bad with that stuff, its easy to understand how my timezone relates to others, but when it comes to timezones I've never been in and relating that to mine... that's where I go wrong.

I'm sure it will be a null point in either 6, 7 or 14 hours heh.

I'm sure it will be 14 hours for me, but it would be awesome if the game does unlock at midnight for everyone else. If it does that means it will be available straight away when I get up in the morning, but I'm going to bed early tonight so that tomorrow can come faster :)

Even if it unlocks early i gotta get some sleep. I get off night shift at 7am and don't play this game all tired after work. But on the plus side i'm off till Friday

mooksoup

Sorry about the timezone stuff ups guys, I'm notoriously bad with that stuff, its easy to understand how my timezone relates to others, but when it comes to timezones I've never been in and relating that to mine... that's where I go wrong.

I'm sure it will be a null point in either 6, 7 or 14 hours heh.

I'm sure it will be 14 hours for me, but it would be awesome if the game does unlock at midnight for everyone else. If it does that means it will be available straight away when I get up in the morning, but I'm going to bed early tonight so that tomorrow can come faster :)

All good, you did an amazing job on the OT. And yeah Times zones are always a mess, the publishers mess it up themselves.

Pretty sure it will all unlock at the same time, and its just teasing Aussies with premature countdowns.

danowat

Banned
Any pointers on which difficulty level to plump for on a first play through?, how does it affect the combat and enemy difficulty?

M.W.

I think I'm playing on either easy or normal. The game is just too big to get stuck in battle forever. I know, I suck, but I really just want to mow enemies down.

Chariot

Any pointers on which difficulty level to plump for on a first play through?, how does it affect the combat and enemy difficulty?
Can't you adjust difficulty every time you want? So I suggest to start high and go lower if that's to annoying or difficult.

gocubs

Hey guys, when are we getting the FREE DLC for the beards/cosmetic items?

First 2 come out the 20th.

A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch May 19th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on May 20th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on May 27th, the next on June 3rd, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters -- Yennefer of Vengerberg.

from witcher forums: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32289-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-16-free-DLCs-for-everyone!

danowat

Banned
Can't you adjust difficulty every time you want? So I suggest to start high and go lower if that's to annoying or difficult.

I don't know, game doesn't unlock for another 14 hours, just trying to get an idea what the difficulty levels are like.

I always tend to wimp out and choose a low(er) level, I fancy trying a challenge on this one, but don't want to get frustrated if the jumps between levels are too much and the game ends up being too hard.

Hip Hop

Well, count me in.

First time for me in the series, and I really have no clue what it is about.

All I've heard is that Witcher 1 and 2 are amazing (I have W2, but never bothered to install it for some reason).

I'm ready.

Mifec

Yes you can.

@danowat Choose a difficulty above what you would choose when you usually play games, apparently the game is easy.

Bedlam

I started playing the PS4 copy on Saturday. Haven't read any reviews or other impressions so far.

From the 2 or 3 hours that I have played it seems pretty good (no surprise there, obviously). However, coming straight from the movement-perfection that is Bloodborne I have to say that I have my problems with the controls/movement. "Steering" Geralt feels downright janky at times. The transitions between idle, walk and run animations look really rough and stiff as well. Minor gripes though, and sure, the focus of this game is different than Bloodborne's. But still, it was somewhat jarring and certainly influenced my early experience with the game, especially since actual world and character-design is so polished in comparison.

I did play Witcher 2 on console as well and as far as I remember the movement didn't feel as janky. Any other opinions on this?

NZerker12

Has anyones copy from Amazon UK been dispatched yet. I looked on my orders page and they had the Saturday that has just gone by as a dispatch estimate yet when I go to my order status it says the order is being processed for dispatch.

I don't usually preorder from Amazon so I just wanted to know if this normal.

Chariot

I don't know, game doesn't unlock for another 14 hours, just trying to get an idea what the difficulty levels are like.

I always tend to wimp out and choose a low(er) level, I fancy trying a challenge on this one, but don't want to get frustrated if the jumps between levels are too much and the game ends up being too hard.
As far as I heard, the game isn't that difficult. It's easy to get overleveld on normal, when you do a lto of sidequests, so I heard hard is actually a good sweet spot.

But of course you have to find out for yourself what suits you.

Sane_Man

Has anyone in the UK who ordered from Shopto received theirs this morning?

I'm trying to work out if I should book tomorrow off of work! I don't get my mail til late afternoon.

First 2 come out the 20th.

A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch May 19th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on May 20th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on May 27th, the next on June 3rd, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters -- Yennefer of Vengerberg.

from witcher forums: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32289-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-16-free-DLCs-for-everyone!

Sweet!

But I wonder if the dlc is finished because otherwise why cant they release it at the same time. I have to wait another whole week :(

It's 11 AM here, I'm sitting in class, tired as hell but no regrets. Got the game saturday, started playing yesterday and almost didn't sleep at all. Y'all in for a treat!

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't realize this game would be releasing on a Monday. I'm used to games releasing on Tuesdays or Sundays (Nintendo only).

Weirdly, Steam gave me an error I don't remember seeing before. It downloaded some sort of update for the preloaded game, then said there was an error because the content was still encrypted.

It's now saying the preload is paused, but every time I try to do something with it, it says the preload is complete, but there is an error because the content is still encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom