• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplygames has just dispatched my copy, should be here shortly. :D

And I'm honored to have my OT title suggestion as the chosen one. Great OT too.

Rosur

Has anyone in the UK who ordered from Shopto received theirs this morning?

I'm trying to work out if I should book tomorrow off of work! I don't get my mail til late afternoon.

Book the afternoon off?

I started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum this weekend now have the issue of deciding between finishing that or starting The Witcher 3 on Tuesday (got the day off).

Does anyone know when CDKeys.com will release the codes? I would really like to download it soon as possible.

Not sure as their Twitter says "We will send you an email and update on facebook once it is in." - the "once it is in" is worrisome as they are clearly waiting on getting them from somewhere.

jesu

Has anyones copy from Amazon UK been dispatched yet. I looked on my orders page and they had the Saturday that has just gone by as a dispatch estimate yet when I go to my order status it says the order is being processed for dispatch.

I don't usually preorder from Amazon so I just wanted to know if this normal.

Anyone in the UK pre-order from Amazon and not have the game dispatched yet?

=/

I haven't used them in months because they delivered late on something important but I got a gift card and they "guarenteed release day delivery".

Worried now...

This is normal from Amazon, I pre-order a lot from them.
I won't worry until it's not here by about 6 o'clock tomorrow night!

MayMay

Banned
Great OT!!

Man, had the game pre-ordered and sitting in my Steam library for over a year now. It's almost time.. I'm so excited.

Loakum

Banned
One more day, until I get to play/experience The Witcher 3! I've waited for this game for what feels like an eternity!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do we finally have info what the different difficulty levels actually do?

Vanmunt

Banned
played it pretty much all day yesterday... have training tonight but can feel a mystery sore throat coming on whilst at work. loving it so far, really immersive.

Stoze

Alright gaf, I just finished Witcher 2. Having taken Iorveth's path (which I loved by the way), I'm thinking which choice might be better for the Wild Hunt:

Witcher 2 spoilers:
Saving Saskia or Triss? Saskia was my former and natural choice, but I feel like choosing Triss could have a better outcome for the 3rd game. Triss is closer to you, the Conclave/Council is reborn, and Saskia still lives, albeit not under her own control. Basically I think I'm going with the Triss choice so she likes me more, and because I don't think Saskia is going to show up in Witcher 3 either way.

Can anyone help me find out where I pre-loaded my steam copy of the game to?

I think I set it up to install on my SSD but I can't seem to find the files and I don't want to download them again tomorrow morning if I don't have to.

Anyone know where they should be located? Or will I select the install location after the pre-load is unlocked and it will be "installed"?

Encryted preload files are located under Steam\SteamApps\depotcache

Alright gaf, I just finished Witcher 2. Having taken Iorveth's path (which I loved by the way), I'm thinking which choice might be better for the Wild Hunt:

Witcher 2 spoilers:
Saving Saskia or Triss? Saskia was my former and natural choice, but I feel like choosing Triss could have a better outcome for the 3rd game. Triss is closer to you, the Conclave/Council is reborn, and Saskia still lives, albeit not under her own control. Basically I think I'm going with the Triss choice so she likes me more, and because I don't think Saskia is going to show up in Witcher 3 either way.

Save
Saskia
as
Triss
lives either way but
Saskia
only lives if you pick her.

If I wanted to nitpick this great OP, I'd point out that if Witcher 2 spoilers are fair game, a bit more could be said about what the wild hunt is.

Apparently asshole elves from another dimension who summon wraiths to look supernatural when they're really an invading army? That was my understanding from that conversation with Letho.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Not sure as their Twitter says "We will send you an email and update on facebook once it is in." - the "once it is in" is worrisome as they are clearly waiting on getting them from somewhere.

Come on G2A...

Neither CDKeys nor G2A are official resellers, in the future I'd recommend against buying from them as they pick up grey market keys and redistribute them. There's a chance your game could go missing (due to being purchased fraudulently) if the key isn't already used in the first place.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Incredible OP, great job.
EatChildren's recap was quite handy. Played both of the previous Witcher games, but finished neither.

I enjoyed them, so I really should. Someday. But now it's time for The Wild Hunt. Incredibly excited about it, The Northern Kingdom are screaming to be explored. This is going to be one heck of a long day...

Neither CDKeys nor G2A are official resellers, in the future I'd recommend against buying from them as they pick up grey market keys and redistribute them. There's a chance your game could go missing (due to being purchased fraudulently) if the key isn't already used in the first place.

I thought there were issues with GMG, not with G2A :S

Next time I should double check before purchasing.

Stoze

Save
Saskia
as
Triss
lives either way but
Saskia
only lives if you pick her.

Naw, that's only true if:

you choose to kill Saskia in dragon form. Otherwise she lives and remains under Phillipa's control, as Geralt explains to Triss right after the scene. Dandelion's ending recap mentions her returning and leading upper aedirn in the exact same manner as if you save Saskia.

Awesome OT! i'm still really looking forward to the game graphics aside should be awesome! :D

btw pinched this avatar if no one has taken it!

Edit: Looks like another member has the same avatar as me so i've edited mine :p

Gosh darn ... my CE copy was already delivered ... waiting for me back home. Unsual for Amazon to break a street date (well, for me at least, hasn't happend before).

Going to be a looooooong day at work ... and then i also have to go to the doc this evening ... *why.jpg*

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I thought there were issues with GMG, not with G2A :S

Next time I should double check before purchasing.

This was a special circumstance with GMG, who are one of the larger legitimate digital key retailers online. CDPR opted to not do business with them for some reason, which led to GMG purchasing keys from retailers who were authorized. G2A and CDKeys buy keys of questionable origin and while a good portion of customers will be alright in the long run, there's always a chance you'll wake up and the game was removed.

Don't mean to make you worry! Just want to make sure people are aware of the risks purchasing from such places, since they don't exactly advertise the methods they obtain their keys with.

Naw, that's only true if:

you choose to kill Saskia in dragon form. Otherwise she lives and remains under Phillipa's control, as Geralt explains to Triss right after the scene. Dandelion's ending recap mentions her returning and leading upper aedirn in the exact same manner as if you save Saskia.

Yeah know what your right! I was getting the
roche/iorveth
choice confused. But how do you end the
Dragon
fight without the
dagger?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Do we finally have info what the different difficulty levels actually do?
Kevin VanOrd from Gamespot talked a bit about it. Appears to do more then just increase enemy health and strength like in most games, which is pretty rad.
Starts around 6:40

Stoze

Yeah know what your right! I was getting the
roche/iorveth
choice confused. But how do you end the
Dragon
fight without the
dagger?

After fighting it, the game gives Geralt the choice
of killing Saskia/Dragon or just walking away. She lives if you walk away, though it doesn't look like it at first

Yeah all this is fresh in my head, I literally finished playing through both choices an hour ago.

Kevin VanOrd from Gamespot talked a bit about it. Appears to do more then just increase enemy health and strength like in most games, which is pretty rad.
Starts around 6:40

Whoa, this is super awesome, and the first I have heard of it to boot!

Do we have a comprehensive list of differences between difficulties? I've been playing through TW2 on normal for the first time, am about 18 hours in, and don't know whether I should go with normal in TW3 as well or kick it up.

I'm just worried about artificial silly difficulty enhancements making it more frustrating and less satisfying, but I guess CDPR have put some work into making sure this isn't the case.

Bod

Neo Member
Why is the wait so painfull.

I cant even enjoy playing anything else today. Might just try and sleep till midnight.

Great OT by the way.

Newman96

Whoa, this is super awesome, and the first I have heard of it to boot!

Do we have a comprehensive list of differences between difficulties? I've been playing through TW2 on normal for the first time, am about 18 hours in, and don't know whether I should go with normal in TW3 as well or kick it up.

I'm just worried about artificial silly difficulty enhancements making it more frustrating and less satisfying, but I guess CDPR have put some work into making sure this isn't the case.

I went for Normal in TW2 and am playing normal again in TW3, I started on hard but found the lack of healing a bit difficult. Left me in some difficult situations if I wasn't running back to stock up on healing items all the time. Obviously it'll be down to preference however you can change difficulty whenever you like so I'd recommend starting on hard and dropping down if you don't fancy it :)

of killing Saskia/Dragon or just walking away. She lives if you walk away, though it doesn't look like it at first

Yeah all this is fresh in my head, I literally finished playing through both choices an hour ago.

Well that's some solid info. Beat the game 3 times and haven't done all the choices yet.

boskee

Has anyones copy from Amazon UK been dispatched yet. I looked on my orders page and they had the Saturday that has just gone by as a dispatch estimate yet when I go to my order status it says the order is being processed for dispatch.

I don't usually preorder from Amazon so I just wanted to know if this normal.

My Collector's Edition was dispatched an hour ago with delivery date set to tomorrow.

Interestingly enough, going through Roche's path
you never know who the dragon is and when you kill it, Geralt rationalizes the choice as not letting such a proud creature fall under the sorceresses' influence again.

(I finished Roche's path two day ago so it's pretty fresh here too)

Denton

Just got sms that my CE is on its way.
Plus Steam version will unlock after midnight.
Hype reaching critical levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom