• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty8

can I parry everything?

been trying to do it on these wolves. come to think of it, the only time I successfully parried was free training with Vesemir >_>

Against One handed weapons, it works everytime. Two handed axes don't usually work for me. And it works on some monsters for me...but not the big ones.

Moaradin

What's with RPG developers and bad highlighting loot systems? The Witcher sense is just as bad as pinging in Witcher 2 and Dragon Age. Maybe worse. The super small FOV and distortion effect is giving me a headache.

Loomba

Does anyone know what gear you start with and should keep? I have the two swords but the armour is named differently for me. The chest is called kaer morhen armor but the rest is called hunting etc do I need to keep all of it?

epmode

The inventory system in this game is embarrassing for a 2015 game. No sort options, and items are laid out in a total random mess, where you have to hover each one to see what they are.

Inventory management is a problem in most modern WRPGs. I can't imagine how a developer can spend 3+ years on a game with so many items and no sort feature. Same thing happened in Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars in of Eternity but at least better inventory functionality was patched in later.

It's also a little annoying that you have to wait for the item text to fade in a half-second after selecting an item. And and and.

Kuro

Just popping in quickly and the thread is too large so I apologize if this has been stated many times over already but...

...How are the sidequests? Are they better/more fulfilling and interesting than those in that bore of a game in Dragon Age Inquisition?

I obviously enjoyed Witcher 1 and 2, but the move to pseudo-open-world had me worried a bit.

There are a few simple fetch quests here and there but most of them have been interesting little side stories that I've enjoyed doing so much better than Dragon Age in that regard. I'm still only in the first area though.

StillEdge

I was about to start playing it but does anyone else have this problem on the Xbox One? I don't know much about the blacks being bad on it other than something about crushed blacks but this is insane. I've always had to turn my brightness on games about 3/4 the way which never bugged me I actually like it a little brighter for my sight. Is it my tv it's a plasma if that matters?
toxOz5m.jpg

They aren't there. My map is totally empty of question marks. Is there a setting to disable them? I turned off the one for mini-map POIs but I assumed that wouldn't affect the main map.

I dunno, I'm playing on the same difficulty and they're all over the map lol.

Christ, this thread is moving like an E3 thread.

I was about to start playing it but does anyone else have this problem on the Xbox One? I don't know much about the blacks being bad on it other than something about crushed blacks but this is insane. I've always had to turn my brightness on games about 3/4 the way which never bugged me I actually like it a little brighter for my sight. Is it my tv it's a plasma if that matters?

I had the same issue on PS4. I just left the brightness at default as I'm assuming this is a bug

pahamrick

Just saw the Kotaku piece that suggested you keep your original witcher gear as this becomes some of the best upgrades you can get later on, and the diagrams require the originals as part of the materials. I already upgraded the chest item once, but I got a better sword (iron) early on and sold the witcher blade.

Death March difficulty so I needed the cash, yo

Anyone know a way for me to get it back? Crafting or buying elsewhere?
Or do items sold to vendors persist, so I can just buy it back?

I kind of found this annoying. I did the same thing, since Weapons and Armor weigh the most. I've got the diagram for the armor now, but can't use it because I'm missing the original chest piece.

Gonna have to turn the difficulty down

Fucking annoying because I find the combat balanced enough, but healing items are far too scarce and expensive for me to deal with the lack of healing from meditation inbetween battles.

Pretty silly oversight to not update the world map when you've done a collectible

Salsa

See, this is what I love. I can stumble across this level 14 spry motherfucker chomping on a horse corpse while I'm level 9 coming off my own adventure with a fucked up silver sword.

w11ourt. png

w2k3uj8.p ng

w3oau3a .png

Win an intense battle and score myself some sweet new boots, rune or two, and fancy new saddlebag.

If the screenshot spam is annoying, I'll stop.

I don't think it's perfect, but I'm still loving the combat to bits and there's not a single open world action RPG with better.

what difficulty you playin in childreneater

antitrop

I would like to point out that they have done the correct version of herb gathering. Making you kneel down and play out an animation every time you gather an herb is terrible. Just terrible.

After Dragon Age: Inquisition, literally anything would feel better.

There's a circle of hell that is just nothing but herb collecting in Inquisition.

skynidas

Banned

Fucking annoying because I find the combat balanced enough, but healing items are far too scarce and expensive for me to deal with the lack of healing from meditation inbetween battles.

Pretty silly oversight to not update the world map when you've done a collectible

It updates it, the thing is that it is hard to notice. They grey them out a little bit, the ones that you haven't gotten are white.

Gbraga

Someone made a thread for this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1048911

Seems to be related to plasmas, yes. Just put it in the middle and ignore it.

i have almost 1k coins from playing gwent
DsrA6Kc.gif

only level 4 right now
pup.gif

You can make money playing Gwent?

Is it second city only or you can keep playing the tutorial dude?

Ha, genuinely couldn't tell the difference

Will look out for it when I go on it next

Is there a way of getting cheap healing items? Even water costs a bomb, and I really don't want to turn the difficulty down

Wanace

Durability is a mess! I was just doing the very early game part where you
meet the emperor
and the clothes they gave me to wear went down to 70% by the time I left the area. Granted I didn't check what they were at when I put them on but still...

The UI and the controls are a bit wonky too. My horse is almost nonresponsive at times and when I rode toward a small over a creek he swerved away from it and we landed in the creek where I couldn't get him out.

Overall these are minor details and I love the game though! Performs great on my 970m and I'm really enjoying it! (First Witcher game).

RK9039

I am basically dumping all my points into signs, mostly igni so far, but a couple into aard. Which signs are best?

Quen is a great one, if your shield gets taken down it will explode and push back enemies. I think the later upgrades will cause the explosion to do damage.

"I'm a Witcher, not a gigolo."

Stop lying to yourself Geralt.

This game is so good, it is genuinely hard to stop doing side quests, they are so consistent. Only made it through a couple of main story missions in Velen.

I noticed the same thing on my PS4. Typically when sliding the scale on a game I tend to have to move it mid-way but on this game my slider is about where yours is. Not sure what it means really, I don't really have the graphics fettish that some people do, but yeah.

Chitown B

yup same here.

antitrop

What's with RPG developers and bad highlighting loot systems? The Witcher sense is just as bad as pinging in Witcher 2 and Dragon Age. Maybe worse. The super small FOV and distortion effect is giving me a headache.

It's not even close to as bad as pinging in Dragon Age. Nothing is worse than pinging in Dragon Age. That shit started rubbing my left thumb raw.

You're not using swallow?!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is there an explaination for why bombs are autocrafted and it just uses alcohol when you mediate? Not complaining, it's convienient, but I just don't get why.

Moaradin

It's not even close to as bad as pinging in Dragon Age. Nothing is worse than pinging in Dragon Age. That shit started rubbing my left thumb raw.

Pinging is at least quick. I can ping in the middle of a room and see everything around me. With this I have to hold the button down and look around with my tiny FOV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom