• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Still not used to the fall damage lol. Keep dying in idiotic ways.

in that cave where you first fight
the guy from the wild hunt who opens portals and calls in mobs
, there's a cliff you have to hop down right before the cutscene starts that I died on like 3 times with full health. what a strange oversight.

erawsd

Just popping in quickly and the thread is too large so I apologize if this has been stated many times over already but...

...How are the sidequests? Are they better/more fulfilling and interesting than those in that bore of a game in Dragon Age Inquisition?

I obviously enjoyed Witcher 1 and 2, but the move to pseudo-open-world had me worried a bit.

The side quests done a great job of preserving everything that made the first two games great. Theres actual storytelling and roleplaying weaved into them. There is other side content that is pretty much typical open world stuff. Theres Bandit and monster camps, town liberation, and hidden chests, ect. That stuff isnt directly tied to quests in the sense that nothing in the game is asking you to do them, but you do find notes and other things that may open up or give you some bread crumbs to a larger quest series.

I nearly used every thing I could eat in a bossfight, which was hard because everything was broken and I couldn't go back, will I be fine ? :(

The Boss was one of the
Wild Hunt

Gbraga

Why do you want to rob the poor peasants. Are you the Witcher or the Dicker? :(Swallow restors Vitality.

I'm the Dicker. I'll steal your shit and mercilessly take your money. I don't give no shits about your sad story, food is expensive and I need to heal.

I'm playing on Death March, son, no time for mercy.

Possibly the least worst sorceress

She tried to
pull something shady in the end but I could understand where she was coming from and I talked her down fairly easily

Favourite character in the game so far.

I made the mistake of getting angry at her first, and then she tried to fight me when I told her I couldn't let her take those, and I ended up killing her... Woops.

Virdix

Are you guys really having problems with food? The only time I bought food was the first time you have access to a vendor, I have so much food and Alcohol from looting its insane, swallow potions are amazing. Playing on BaBB but then again I'm lvl 5 almost 6 so idk how far you guys are.

Gbraga

Are you guys really having problems with food? The only time I bought food was the first time you have access to a vendor, I have so much food and Alcohol from looting its insane, swallow potions are amazing. Playing on BaBB but then again I'm lvl 5 almost 6 so idk how far you guys are.

I'm level 1 :C

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
w1xlu8t.png

w1g2uk4.png

demon326

I waited many years for this game and its so awesome! I thought White Orchard was big, but i was mistaken, Velen(No Man's land) is so huge i don't even know where to begin. I also like the random events.. riding on the road to see a house burning and investigate it.

Also, i think i found a bug, it could be a 'feature' if your lazy: When clearing abandoned settlements and you save in between, lets say: you killed all the Ghouls except the Alghoul, you save the game, fight him, you die, you reload to try again, but there is no second chance, the game starts the settlement trigger(people coming back). Anybody else seen this behavior?

Acinixys

wait, when does this happen?

Very early on in White Orchid as part of the main quest line

You have to go see
the herbalist and when you open the door to her house shes bend over a table wearing extremely tight red leather pants

Shes also very pretty which is a bonus

CDP might suck at a lot of things but god damn do they make cute vidya girls

horse.gif

Just popping in quickly and the thread is too large so I apologize if this has been stated many times over already but...

...How are the sidequests? Are they better/more fulfilling and interesting than those in that bore of a game in Dragon Age Inquisition?

I obviously enjoyed Witcher 1 and 2, but the move to pseudo-open-world had me worried a bit.

Very different than DA:I, and very much the same as W1 and W2. W3 has lots of little 'emergent' sidequests too - go to x, find bandit camp / go to x, find monster lair - etc in addition to fully drawn out sidequests w/their own cutscenes and dialogue.

erawsd

Is there an explaination for why bombs are autocrafted and it just uses alcohol when you mediate? Not complaining, it's convienient, but I just don't get why.

They wanted to lower the barrier on item usage to encourage people to use them more often, instead of just hoarding them.

Adam Blue

I don't think it's perfect, but I'm still loving the combat to bits and there's not a single open world action RPG with better.

I think that's the key here. The only reason I'm even playing this game is because the combat is not traditional RPG-combat. If this was a straight-up action game though, it would need some other redeeming qualities to keep my interest (the exploration and crafting being that).

Is the Drowner Brain a random drop from any Drowner? Its all I need to make it

Potions are essentially infinite right, just gotta meditate to refill them?

Yeah, just kill drowners. They refill as long as you have alcohol, there's really no need for food unless you use up all the potions in a single fight.

I made the mistake of getting angry at her first, and then she tried to fight me when I told her I couldn't let her take those, and I ended up killing her... Woops.

Aww.
I went to Oxenfurt before that which is full of redanians and they're crazy anti magic zealots so I told her she'd get killed. You can then offer to let her stay at kaer morhen, she goes along it and you can ask for the papers then. If you chose the "you used me option" that probably took it to a whole different conversation.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
My need for an organized inventory is freaking out with this game since I pick up everything so I have an absolutely stupid amount of stuff and it's all jumbled. As well despite making the menus very fast and smooth the inventory in general and especially the crafting/alchemy sections are really not intuitively designed. I suspect in year or so when we get the EE those will be altered as they have in both prior games.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
After Dragon Age: Inquisition, literally anything would feel better.

There's a circle of hell that is just nothing but herb collecting in Inquisition.

I came from playing DAI recently and the difference is kind of embarrassing on most fronts.

Ferrio

Banned
It does, but you can find alcohol pretty much anywhere.
In the previous games you always needed all the ingredients every time you wanted to make a specific potion.

Oh wow... you only need to make the initial potion then it just needs alcohol? Man that's easy... kinda sad though. Wonder why they did that?

Courage

Any alcohol or a specific kind? Also, does it take one full alcohol item for each of the three potion uses or is it only one alcohol item to fully refill a specific potion?

There's three kinds: Alcohest, Dwarven Spirit and White Gull. The first two being the ones you usually loot.

One alcohol item restores all potions and bombs.

FYI. The alleged tip from Kotaku about dropping equipment in a spot to retrieve it later does not work on PS4. I'm not sure if this also applies to the PC and Xbox One version, but don't drop any valuable equipment with the hope of retrieving it later. It will be gone.

I thankfully only did it with some common books and crafting items just to test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom