• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitor711

Haha, didn't realise that you had to slot the night/day regen skill in order for it to work. I'm an idiot.

That explains a lo - mostly why I've been having to spam my food all the time and have nothing left now.

Aces&Eights

LITERALLY the beginning, after the into cinematic. Where you talk to your mentor about Yen and get jumped by the mobs

Ahh, I think I grabbed it then. Whew. Thought you guys meant after you kill first foul pack in WO. It was laying on the table or something, right?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
To force you to do something, and shove the "perfect dodge" mechanic down your throat.

Sometimes I feel like attacks are automated instead of being individual pokes that you can freely control; it is like a damn rhythm game. Sometimes I am near an enemy and press nothing, and I don't get hit, but when I press dodge (not perfectly timed), they somehow get extended range or automatically hit me. I have to confirm it though.

I mean..the combat isn't terrible but its certainly not great. I'd be fine with it as is if there wasn't some serious input delay.

Chitown B

ok I'm in the first Griffin fight and it's taking down half my life with one hit. This is fucking stupid.

I did all the pre-missions. I'm on the 3rd difficulty but still. I'm dodging and rolling but still getting hit. And I 100% Dark Souls.

Cheska

How badly did I screw up if I didn't pick up
the crystal bird skull
at the beginning of the game? I didn't even notice it but checking online apparently it's a thing you can find.

DAMMIT! I missed it too ;_; Does it actually serve any purpose? I feel like I'm early enough where I can restart if I have to..

Chariot

ok I'm in the first Griffin fight and it's taking down half my life with one hit. This is fucking stupid.

I did all the pre-missions. I'm on the 3rd difficulty but still. I'm dodging and rolling but still getting hit. And I 100% Dark Souls.
Did you prepare yourself? Brewed potions, applied oils, sharpened the sword, stretched your fingers for ultimate dodging, prayed to Samual Jackson for luck, all that?

RK9039

Same difficulty, I just spammed Quen. Shoot it down and get behind it or to the side.

Alpende

I played a couple more hours and I'm about to start the Griffin fight. Still need to get the used to potions and all again, haven't played the Witcher 2 since it came out.

aravuus

Oh goddamn it, I can't wait for a patch, I want to play. I got the job I had an interview for yesterday, I need to reward myself with some TW3. So, to probably, hopefully, lessen the freezing I should:
- Play in fullscreen
- Turn frame limiting to unlimited
- Roll back to earlier Geforce drivers (hopefully performance won't suffer too much)

Anything else? What a pain

realcZk

I grabbed it. But what is it for?

Not sure anyone knows yet, might unlock some extra dialogue/quest later or maybe does nothing. When you inspect the item in your inventory does it seem special/unique in any way? Will the game let you sell it or does it mark it as a quest item?

woen

Oh that shitty Nirthral (boss)

He can regen while being invincible and sending 3 to 4 shitty dogs. And so you have to kill him kinda fast for Gerald's power. I'm level 5, best gear I can have for that level, playing on normal. What the fuck.

Tip: don't get hit.

I assume his charge attack one hits you? It is relatively easy to avoid. Use thunderbolt, aard or igni and get on him when you shoot him out of the air.

CHC

How do I sidestep with the gamepad? I can only seem to do roll, but the step is great because A) it looks cooler and B) it conserves stamina.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh that shitty Nirthral (boss)

He can regen while being invincible and sending 3 to 4 shitty dogs. And so you have to kill him kinda fast for Gerald's power. I'm level 5, best gear I can have for that level, playing on normal. What the fuck.

It's part of the fight. Just keep going and he'll stop.

it doesn't mention what it helps by using the potion. And it says to use the crossbow. Great instruction, game.

Thunderbolt - Increases attack power?

And Vesemir clearly hands you the crossbow before the Griffin fight, what did you think it was for? The crossbow is by the way completely optional.

RK9039

crystal skull is used to obtain the excalibur 2, as long as you get to the final dungeon in less than 12 hours of game time

Ah, never mind then.

I can't seem to do that yellow lock on that I can with enemies. And I am moving SO slow, like I'm in molasses.

I think even if you don't lock on to it, as long as you're looking at the Griffin, you'll shoot it down (or you can just manually aim). Using rolls instead of dodge is probably safer for this fight and quicker.

Anung

Un Rama
Fully explored the White Orchard and goofing off and exploring in these games is so much fun. Found some really decent armor and magic swords.

my only complaints so far are my previous post and how incredibly janky the movement is

other than that im really enjoying it. moreso than 2 already

Yup - Geralt's movement is my only issue with the game. It's just tad too floaty and unpredictable at times. (Using 360 controller.) Having an absolute blast otherwise.

it doesn't mention what it helps by using the potion. And it says to use the crossbow. Great instruction, game.

I found later in the game to not trust instructions regarding tactics on monsters. For example there're some flying enemies that were weak to a recommended sign and i found that another sign was A LOT MORE EFFECTIVE to take them down.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
There's like 5 ways you can kill the gryphon
facepalm.gif

Im overburdened, have 67/60 items, but even though I try to drop some items, the numbers doesn't change, it's still 67/60.
Items have weight. It's probably some maces or armor something. Can buy some saddlebags later on for +30(?) +70 +100 carry.
Will I regret putting the game at the hardest difficulty?
Depends how you play. If you are getting hit more than 4 times in encounters, then I'd swap it. You can change anytime though so give it a shot if you want.

Chitown B

Thunderbolt - Increases attack power?

And Vesemir clearly hands you the crossbow before the Griffin fight, what did you think it was for? The crossbow is by the way completely optional.

I was saying the person said to use the force spell, but the game wants you to use the crossbow (which I was using)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom