• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
sdf9yuay.jpg

Keira Metz?

GAF I have a small problem. I really wanna read the books before I start the game but due to other circumstances, if I read first, I won't be able to play the game for a while (1+ month)

Now my question is are there any major spoilers for the book at the start of the game?

Rodin

Oh, looks like there's a 9999 weight limit mod already for those who want it here!

I admit weight isn't THAT much of a problem in TW3 since everything's so light, but I still hate the mechanic. So it's nice to have.

Oh thank god, YES. Thanks for posting this and thanks to the modder as well.

Can someone explain how the meditating and alcohol usage works? So every time you meditate, provided you have alcohol, it will give you one more of any oil or potion that you crafted at any point in the past?

Can someone explain how the meditating and alcohol usage works? So every time you meditate, provided you have alcohol, it will give you one more oil or potion that you already crafted at any point in the past?

When you meditate, if you're missing any of your alchemy consumables, it will refill ALL your alchemy consumables at the cost of one hard alcohol.

Acinixys

It's the last Geralt game, not the last Witcher game.

While its sad that Geralt wont be back as the protag I cant wait to play as a sexy bad ass witcher woman

Bring me a powerful female main character please CDP

With a nice butt, cause if im playing for 200 hours I want a nice booty

AFAIK you only net XP from completing quests or tasks (eg: blowing up a monster nest) and not just general slashy play. So yeah. If you want XP, you gotta quest.

Yes. Basically the whole system has been rejigged: craft once to add to your inventory permanently, refilled/resupplied upon meditation using base consumables. Makes no sense not to craft every potion/bomb recipe you have. You can also find upgrade variants of your goodies too. EG: I crafted Dragon's Breath, then Enhanced Dragon's Breath bombs that required the former.
would a random monster nest you found give you XP as well? Or does it have to be a quest?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

As Keira would say; any port in a storm.

Friends with benefits spoiler
i did a real bad thing to Keira. She was gonna blab to Yenifer about our sex and also genocide or something so I killed her on the spot D:

I never got that dialogue.
We had our fun, she was nice, she schemed like every fucking mage in this series does. And when I confronted her at the tower I told her to hang out at Kaer Morhen.

would a random monster nest you found give you XP as well? Or does it have to be a quest?

Yes. Most aren't tied to quests. I blew up a drowner nest a little while ago, that I stumbled on, and netted a small amount of XP.

yes, so long as you have alcohol to refresh potions, bombs and oils, you will be able to replenish everytime you meditate. So, you should actually only be meditating when all your supplies are low, to maximize your gains from that 1 alcohol.

erawsd

While its sad that Geralt wont be back as the protag I cant wait to play as a sexy bad ass witcher woman

Bring me a powerful female main character please CDP

With a nice butt, cause if im playing for 200 hours I want a nice booty

Before that you'll probably get a sexy badass cybernetic woman! I cant wait to see Cyberpunk with all the witcher 3 lessons and money behind it.

Destroying a nest gives 50XP if i remember correctly

As Keira would say; any port in a storm.

I never got that dialogue.
We had our fun, she was nice, she schemed like every fucking mage in this series does. And when I confronted her at the tower I told her to hang out at Kaer Morhen.

Yes. Most aren't tied to quests. I blew up a drowner nest a little while ago, that I stumbled on, and netted a small amount of XP.
Thanks, found a few. I just dont have the bombs yet :/

aravuus

yes, so long as you have alcohol to refresh potions, bombs and oils, you will be able to replenish everytime you meditate. So, you should actually only be meditating when all your supplies are low, to maximize your gains from that 1 alcohol.

Waait wait wait, you only use ONE bottle of alcohol? For everything?

Wow, I gotta stop meditating so often lmao

jett

D-Member
I just spent 20 minutes examining my shit pondering and analyzing what I should sell and what I should dismantle.

The fuck.

This game.

What's a "master item" btw, anything special about those?

I didn't notice it at all yesterday but today I'm noticing in combat every other sword hit or so makes no sound effect at all on hit. Maybe its a bug from the ps4 being in standby or something.

JoeMartin

Oh, looks like there's a 9999 weight limit mod already for those who want it here!

I admit weight isn't THAT much of a problem in TW3 since everything's so light, but I still hate the mechanic. So it's nice to have.

Thank christ. It was ridiculously easy to cheatengine infinity money but I could not for the life of me manipulate memory to find the max inventory value.

Ah well, time for story.

HeelPower

game is everything I hoped it would be. the quests are amazingly well done. forcing myself to take a break right now.

Yesterday when I was playing the game,I kinda felt intoxicated by how immersive it is.

3 hours of gameplay just slipped by.I wasn't even planning on playing such a long session ,but it just happened.

Acinixys

I didn't notice it at all yesterday but today I'm noticing in combat every other sword hit or so makes no sound effect at all on hit. Maybe its a bug from the ps4 being in standby or something.

Im on PC and my game is also missing sound effects during combat

Half the grunts and sounds of your sword hitting are missing

CDP has a lot of patching to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom