• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hyde

yeah I've died to this griffin at least 15 times.

I'm only level 2, maybe that's the problem? I can't do enough damage.

Bolt it while it's in the air and it ends up falling down somewhat stunned. Whack it to hell and back before running for dear life to prepare for your next round of attacks. Make sure you stay moving and rolling away from his dives at you.

Virdix

Is there a trick to getting Gwent not to crash the game on PS4? I want to get into it since people seem to love it. My friend has never had Gwent crash his game :(

Ultimadrago

Gwent: also known as "Reminder of why I suck ass at Hearthstone."

The amount of Gwent matches I've lost by 1 point...anyways beat Stjepan finally after 10 fucking years. On to the next one!

Chitown B

Are you using the right sword? You should be using the silver sword. I beat the griffin at level 2 so it isn't that.

how do I choose a sword? Is it left and right on the D-pad? I thought it auto chose whichever you needed.

Also seems like sometimes the crossbow just doesn't shoot even when equipped, so I would keep getting hit.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How do we find out how many hours we've played?

You theoretically press the right trigger on the Character screen, buuuut:

For anyone who wants a somewhat accurately recorded playtime: Don't suspend and resume this game (at least on PS4). The game stupidly counts suspended time as playtime, so by just suspending for a day your recorded time will be waaaaay off.

But not only that. I wanted to fix my playtime (which sat at 1 day and then some due to the suspend/resume thing), so I loaded a save from just before I suspended the game yesterday. But hmm, it also looked off. 12-something hours instead of the 4-ish I actually played last night. Had to go back a couple of saves to get one with the correct playtime. How could that be? I hadn't suspended the game in-between those. So I experimented a bit, and it turns out that while you're in the pause menu the in-game time absolutely flies by. Like, many times faster than real-time. So leaving the game paused will also completely screw up your recorded playtime. It should obviously be the other way around, that time doesn't pass at all while the game is paused, but something is clearly wrong here. If you're in the map/inventory/etc menu (which also pauses the game) time seems to pass normally though (but doesn't stop), so that's the thing to do if you have to leave the game for a little while. Pausing is a big no-no if you want an accurate playtime by the end of it all.

I don't know, maybe most people don't care about this, but I like knowing at least approximately how much time I've invested in a massive game like this. And that feature is currently completely broken, unless you've very careful. No more suspending this game for me, and no more pausing it for longer than it takes to change whatever I need to in the menu.

Mr. Hyde

how do I choose a sword? Is it left and right on the D-pad? I thought it auto chose whichever you needed.

Also seems like sometimes the crossbow just doesn't shoot even when equipped, so I would keep getting hit.

You have to hold the crossbow button down and aim at the Griffin before letting go to release a bolt.

Left is steel sword and right is the silver sword, if I remember correctly.

Peff

So I experimented a bit, and it turns out that while you're in the pause menu the in-game time absolutely flies by. Like, many times faster than real-time.

So THAT'S what was up with mine. That is one odd bug.

hemo memo

What is this sign found in caves when use the witcher senses?

gyye8.jpg

Kiraly

For anyone who wants a somewhat accurately recorded playtime: Don't suspend and resume this game (at least on PS4). The game stupidly counts suspended time as playtime, so by just suspending for a day your recorded time will be waaaaay off.

But not only that. I wanted to fix my playtime (which sat at 1 day and then some due to the suspend/resume thing), so I loaded a save from just before I suspended the game yesterday. But hmm, it also looked off. 12-something hours instead of the 4-ish I actually played last night. Had to go back a couple of saves to get one with the correct playtime. How could that be? I hadn't suspended the game in-between those. So I experimented a bit, and it turns out that while you're in the pause menu the in-game time absolutely flies by. Like, many times faster than real-time. So leaving the game paused will also completely screw up your recorded playtime. It should obviously be the other way around, that time doesn't pass at all while the game is paused, but something is clearly wrong here. If you're in the map/inventory/etc menu (which also pauses the game) time seems to pass normally though (but doesn't stop), so that's the thing to do if you have to leave the game for a little while. Pausing is a big no-no if you want an accurate playtime by the end of it all.

I don't know, maybe most people don't care about this, but I like knowing at least approximately how much time I've invested in a massive game like this. And that feature is currently completely broken, unless you've very careful. No more suspending this game for me, and no more pausing it for longer than it takes to change whatever I need to in the menu.

Where can I even see what my playtime is?

Mr. Hyde covered everything I was going to say. This boss is all about learning the game's mechanics.

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the game, how is it? I passed at the last min.

It's amazing. You've made a huge mistake.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the game, how is it? I passed at the last min.

Somewhere inbetween "I've sunk 27 hours into this in two days" and "the kind of game I've dreamed of".

M.D

I'm playing The Witcher 2 right now, and I have to choose my path with either
Roche or Iorveth

Does this change anything significant in TW3? I want to side with
Roche

pakkit

Banned
I think people are having trouble with the idea that Witcher is a game where you selectively loot. You can't just pick up everything like Skyrim, but you shouldn't ignore all the food and water that appears in people's houses. You take what you need, and sell what you can at a good price, until you find something you specifically want to craft.

Bl@de

Game looks, plays, feels like my perfect dream of how a game of this type should be.

I can't even..

Can't..

Agree. Witcher 3 is the RPG I always wanted. I loved every second of my 13 hours (over 2 days^^) so far. I have to force myself to take breaks. I'm sorry Bloodborne ... No GOTY for you.

Cheska

I'm kind of having regrets about simulating my Witcher 2 save, wish I had just gone default and played the way it was intended to be played ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom