• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was up till 3am playing last night.
had to get up at 7 for a client meeting
there is still 2 hours left in the work day
despite my exhaustion, i figure tonight's play session will be another late one.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
For anyone who wants a somewhat accurately recorded playtime: Don't suspend and resume this game (at least on PS4). The game stupidly counts suspended time as playtime, so by just suspending for a day your recorded time will be waaaaay off.

But not only that. I wanted to fix my playtime (which sat at 1 day and then some due to the suspend/resume thing), so I loaded a save from just before I suspended the game yesterday. But hmm, it also looked off. 12-something hours instead of the 4-ish I actually played last night. Had to go back a couple of saves to get one with the correct playtime. How could that be? I hadn't suspended the game in-between those. So I experimented a bit, and it turns out that while you're in the pause menu the in-game time absolutely flies by. Like, many times faster than real-time. So leaving the game paused will also completely screw up your recorded playtime. It should obviously be the other way around, that time doesn't pass at all while the game is paused, but something is clearly wrong here. If you're in the map/inventory/etc menu (which also pauses the game) time seems to pass normally though (but doesn't stop), so that's the thing to do if you have to leave the game for a little while. Pausing is a big no-no if you want an accurate playtime by the end of it all.

I don't know, maybe most people don't care about this, but I like knowing at least approximately how much time I've invested in a massive game like this. And that feature is currently completely broken, unless you've very careful. No more suspending this game for me, and no more pausing it for longer than it takes to change whatever I need to in the menu.

artsi

Man, the fall damage is such a joke sometimes. There's this small ledge you have to drop to fight a difficult battle.

It's not even big but you still lose health, and the battle begins right after that so no chance to heal.

pndn5Ih.png

Sanctuary

So does the AI cheat at gwent like it did dice poker in TW2? Because the first person you can play in Vizima cheats his ass off and has whatever he needs to counter you. You have the upper hand? Well here comes 2x 10 strength cards!

Which quests are bugged? I haven't run into any yet and I've done a ton of quests.

- white Orchard
Crypt (viper stuff) : if you enter it before getting the quest the door is locked when you come back and you can't open it again.

- dirty funds :
for many players, the quest is stuck at "read the letter" even if you read it 100 times,

etc.

There are more but this is just from the top of my head from the first 20 quests you get.

Auctopus

Just found out what happened to
Henryk.

The game feels absolutely massive so I'm taking my time so I don't get burnt out. Playing on Death March and the Griffin fight was great and it feels like the wall of the tutorial is easing up a bit.

Still think meditation should heal you on Death March, that's not even a difficulty thing, it's just boring and annoying and even a little immersion breaking.

pahamrick

I think the funniest bug I've seen so far was when I was wandering around
Novigrad
and a bunch of the NPCs were just gliding around stuck in the T-Pose with no actual animations, and several of them had their head where their right hand should be, and their hand where their head should be.

- white Orchard
Crypt (viper stuff) : if you enter it before getting the quest the door is locked when you come back and you can't open it again.

- dirty funds :
for many players, the quest is stuck at "read the letter" even if you read it 100 times,

etc.

There are more but this is just from the top of my head from the first 20 quests you get.

For the first one you have to break down the door by hitting it, I was confused there at first. Don't know about the other one.

Man, the fall damage is such a joke sometimes. There's this small ledge you have to drop to fight a difficult battle.

It's not even big but you still lose health, and the battle begins right after that so no chance to heal.

Make sure to roll upon landing to avoid some damage.

Onikaan

Probably just means that it's a rare item. I wonder if they have any other rarity/type rankings than common, master and magic

Relic seems to be the highest tier I've seen. Found some relic boots, holy crap they are cool. It'll be a shame when I out level 'em :(

bbd23

lol yea...i just went to the right side

also still hate durability. -_-

boskee

Wow, I am currently
going through the dungeon with Keira
and it's such a great change of pace and setting. I am massively overburden from all the loot I have taken after exploring every little detour and corner of the dungeon. This is shaping up to be one of the best games I have played, period.

Reposting... Anyone?

GAF I have a small problem. I really wanna read the books before I start the game but due to other circumstances, if I read first, I won't be able to play the game for a while (1+ month)

Now my question is are there any major spoilers for the book at the start of the game?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Friends with benefits spoiler
i did a real bad thing to Keira. She was gonna blab to Yenifer about our sex and also genocide or something so I killed her on the spot D:

Eatchildren said:
I never got that dialogue.
We had our fun, she was nice, she schemed like every fucking mage in this series does. And when I confronted her at the tower I told her to hang out at Kaer Morhen.

My experience was similar to Eatchildren's.

There was a line regarding (Friends with Benefits Spoiler)
Keira not liking Yennefer treating Geralt like a dog, but that was in reference to Geralt saying 'you shouldn't go to Radovid', and the response being in the tone of we can't always get what we want

Hoping that what went down doesn't come back to bite me later, lol.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

I really dislike how fall damage works in this game. It's crazy severe.

JP

Yes, finally downloading my free beards for the US version of the game. Not something I ever imagined myself proclaiming but I'm now off to find myself a Polish barber.

Would be nice if you could make notes on the map, ala Divinity:OS

Found a locked loot container in a hidden basement, and have no idea where it is now if I was to ever find the key :(

Anybody know how to disable the opening cinematic?

Not the cinematic, but the company logos and stuff, yeah:

Skipping opening company logo sequence for faster game launch

Navigate to C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\movies\cutscenes\gamestart\bumpers

There's a file in there called bumpers.usm

Rename it to bumpersOLD.usm

Will auto-skip upon boot :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh, looks like there's a 9999 weight limit mod already for those who want it here!

I admit weight isn't THAT much of a problem in TW3 since everything's so light, but I still hate the mechanic. So it's nice to have.

Thank Talos. It hasn't become a problem yet but I refuse to micromanage my inventory in any game.

aravuus

Should as I play on Death March and all my stuff gets refilled through meditation, not just potions.

Also found vendor selling this, as you progress story you will find same vendor;

Jesus christ, 1000 crowns. So much for getting a bunch of those potions and respecing every 15 minutes.

jett

D-Member
Probably just means that it's a rare item. I wonder if they have any other rarity/type rankings than common, master and magic

I have two "hunting boots", one is a master item, and the other one is a regular item. The regular item actually has better stats. :lol I don't usually ask for tutorials in games, but hell it should come with a guide of some sort.

Oh so that's cool. If you fight hat group of soldiers at the inn while asking about Hendrik, you'll be locked out of the baron's keep and have to find another way in. I actually talked them down, but when I went outside I heard some other guy talking about raping a girl so I killed him...apparently that triggered being locked out too!

aravuus

I have two "hunting boots", one is a master item, and the other one is a regular item. The regular item actually has better stats. :lol I don't usually ask for tutorials in games, but hell it should come with a guide of some sort.

Lol. Maybe you found the master rank boots at a (much) lower level and the game downscaled them?

woen

I went just right of this and took no damage if you're talking about the
first Wild Hunt knight you encounter

erawsd

Reposting... Anyone?

GAF I have a small problem. I really wanna read the books before I start the game but due to other circumstances, if I read first, I won't be able to play the game for a while (1+ month)

Now my question is are there any major spoilers for the book at the start of the game?

Nothing explicit or direct. However, there are a lot of inferences to be made about arcs that happen in the books. The obvious thing is that you know which characters survive the books. There are also some other outcomes you can figure out just by the presence of circumstances in the games story.

Chitown B

yeah I've died to this griffin at least 15 times.

I'm only level 2, maybe that's the problem? I can't do enough damage.

edit: finally got it.

Bytes

Not the cinematic, but the company logos and stuff, yeah:

Skipping opening company logo sequence for faster game launch

Navigate to C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\movies\cutscenes\gamestart\bumpers

There's a file in there called bumpers.usm

Rename it to bumpersOLD.usm

Will auto-skip upon boot :)

Half way there, thanks!

Now if only the game would stop telling me that a keyboard and mouse have been detected and my controls have been changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom