• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quidam

So I want to steal some valuable shit and run away but every time I do, Geralt goes into fighting mode and I can't jump to climb up and escape. How do I exit fight mode and enter 'run the fuck away mode' when I'm surrounded by soldiers?

Salsa

k guys help me out with this decision since I know you're all a bunch of OCD-ish freaks as myself

I lowered the difficulty from Blood and Broken Bones to Sword and Story for a bit during the first area to check out the difference. I wrongly overwrote my save after changing it back to Blood and Broken Bones and I now realize that's the case, and as such I lost the end-game cheevo, and feel like somehow I cheated and I could now just turn it back down to normal and cheese it. feels wrong

in this scenario:

1) would you restart the game / go back to an earlier save and lose about 8 hours of gameplay time

2) realize videogames is videogames and who gives a shit and still play blood and broken bones throughout cause it's more fun

QkoMrz4.png

Conjunction of spheres.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Them "armors" tho, feels like i'm hunting for a job as a jester or some shit.

Seriously who the hell designed those armors? Geralt looks like a fucking clown most the time lol.

Also i'm watching a stream right now and the music is very repetitive, there is already a joke going on in the chat everytime "that" music starts the chat goes "lelelelelelele".

Jolkien

k guys help me out with this decision since I know you're all a bunch of OCD-ish freaks as myself

I lowered the difficulty from Blood and Broken Bones to Sword and Story for a bit during the first area to check out the difference. I wrongly overwrote my save after changing it back to Blood and Broken Bones and I now realize that's the case, and as such I lost the end-game cheevo, and feel like somehow I cheated and I could now just turn it back down to normal and cheese it. feels wrong

in this scenario:

1) would you restart the game / go back to an earlier save and lose about 8 hours of gameplay time

2) realize videogames is videogames and who gives a shit and still play blood and broken bones throughout cause it's more fun

I'd go back but then again I care a lot about achievements :p

Enjoying the game; have had the time to play for a few hours.

One quick question. Witcher 2 was all about potions; I was literally always under the effect of them. But here, it doesn't seem like potions are as important? I've just completed the White Orchard, and I only used a potion once so far. They seem more expensive to make, and it doesn't look like you use them before (outside of) combat any more, but rather in combat. Is this right?

Also the paper map and the in-game world map look really, really different. A little confusing.

in this scenario:

2 for sure. But I don't give a shit about achievements so maybe that's just me. Depends on how much hearing that pop matters to you.

in this scenario:

Number 1. 6 hours is small potatoes in the scheme of things, it'll go a lot faster than 6 hours this time since you're familiar with the terrain both literal and figurative, and I'd absolutely refuse to be cheated of my achievement.

Furyous

I spent an hour dismantling weapons for materials but ran into an issue. Where do I find wire for the warrior's leather jacket?

Kiraly

in this scenario:

Fuck it man, it's a 200 hour long videogame. You think you're gonna get all the achievements but halfway through the 200 hour mark you'll realize it's just a videogame and do only the fun stuff, lose interest and play something new.

AEREC

in this scenario:

Im kinda the same way...you should carry on for a day or two only to realize that it still bothers you...then restart the game.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I spent an hour dismantling weapons for materials but ran into an issue. Where do I find wire for the warrior's leather jacket?

I wouldn't do this, it is cost prohibitive. Just sell the weapons instead. You're losing money dismantling them for parts most of the time, especially since you don't need that much material for weapons and armor.

erawsd

Enjoying the game; have had the time to play for a few hours.

One quick question. Witcher 2 was all about potions; I was literally always under the effect of them. But here, it doesn't seem like potions are as important? I've just completed the White Orchard, and I only used a potion once so far. They seem more expensive to make, and it doesn't look like you use them before (outside of) combat any more, but rather in combat. Is this right?

Also the paper map and the in-game world map look really, really different. A little confusing.

What difficulty you playing on? Im on Death March and its been the opposite for me. I hardly ever used potions in W2, even on dark mode. Here Im using them all the time. It takes more to make them the first time but you only need alcohol to replenish them.

edgefusion

Why are there so many NPCs without pants on? Or just totally naked except shorts? Is this a bug? I walked into a shop and the shopkeeper is there in normal clothes....except no pants.

Salsa

Keep going then I though you were playing on Death march, who cares about steam achievements ? :p

BUT I CHEATED and now I feel UNCLEAN

but yeah man. It's losing more like 12 hours not 6 so fuck it.

if I was going for death march out the gate i'd consider it I guess. If anything this gives it more replayability down the line.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Why are there so many NPCs without pants on? Or just totally naked except shorts? Is this a bug? I walked into a shop and the shopkeeper is there in normal clothes....except no pants.

It's hot in Temeria, gotta let the boys breath a little. Tights can get pretty stuffy.

Skyzard

Banned
If you leave Geralt for long enough...does he sit? I feel like I should be able to sit.

Haha, yeah, I kinda like it though.

It's...a different time. No need to judge.

BUT I CHEATED and now I feel UNCLEAN

but yeah man. It's losing more like 12 hours not 6 so fuck it.

Attaboy. Don't be a slave to the cheevos. Especially Steam achievements lol.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Patch to fix the stuttering is very good news, as the game is really smooth in-between those.

Cheers!

Another question for the thread, if y'all don't mind: Sometimes I see these tiny red downward arrows appear on the map in the right-hand corner. They disappear just as randomly. What do these mean?

I was wondering that myself, and I now believe it shows that the thing it's next to is either above or below you.

OuterLimits

Not sure I should have spent money on the Prima strategy guide. Although I suck at any games that aren't turn based strategy games, so I figured any help would be good. At least I know how many quests are in the entire game. Lol.

Overall enjoying it, although I still hit wrong buttons at times in combat. The small writing and at times clunky frame rate on PS4 are the main negatives.

Blizzard

Banned
I had the opposite experience, a burned village with a guy wearing fancy white pants and a blue tunic. No shoes, but his feet look pretty clean too. Hygiene is important.

So you can't parry if you aren't in melee combat with someone, apparently. So if you're one on one with an archer, holding the parry button does let you deflect/reflect their arrows. Annoying. :|

Chariot

The inventory freezing gets worse and worse. Took out bandits at an abandonded site. Collected loot, alright so far. But thus far I needed four tries to equip me properly without freezing. Forgot to put a rune in - freeze :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom