• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verger

Banned
I have a i5 3570k
8GB of Ram
AMD HD7950

Your video card is naturally more powerful then mine, our CPU's are about on par. Ram is identical most likely.

I am running the game on Ultra @ solid 30 FPS minus Hairworks and both shadows and foliage are at high.

You WILL run the game better then my setup especially since the Witcher 3 is apparently more tailored for Nvidia graphics cards.
Thanks for the response! I was just unsure again since my CPU and RAM are old (but it seems the i7-2600K was pretty forward-designed).

I remember I had to get a new PC for Witcher 2 when it came out. I was considering doing the same if my core components were too old (or again, trying the PS4 version).
I have the same cpu over locked to 4.3 and a 970 stock 16 GB of ram and I'm running it everything on Ultra with hair works at 40-50fps. With hairworks off I'd probably gain 15fps but I'm ok with playing under 60fps. If you want 60fps turn hairworks off.
Good to know. Thanks! I'll have to just play around with the settings then to find the best balance.

so no experience from killing regular mobs/enemies. Even while on a quest? Whats the point of wasting your weapon durability if you end up not getting experience?

Ingredients. And you do get 1 or 2 points of xp when you kill monsters.

White orchard boss spoiler
i absolutely loved the fight with the griffin and that when he's diving on you you can shoot him with a crossbow bolt and he falls from the sky without hitting you if you make it in time. Absolutely brilliant I say. Was a great fight, but on the second highest difficulty I didn't die once.

Thinking of going up to the highest level difficulty again for a while but I sometimes struggle with lots of enemies at once. I still can't get used to having to press A to select the item I want when I press LB, I want it to select when I let go dammit. This should absolutely be a toggle, I've gotta hit in combat that was going slow because I forgot to slap the button. But yes, I am slowly getting used to it.

I'm just about to start Vizima, that cutscene between white orchard and Vizima really excited my sensibilities and I can't wait to get cracking with the game today. But, gym and excercise first.

Can I return to the first area after
Yennefer
shows up and the subsequent
bath/shave
scene, or do I need to finish everything there first?

Edit: And is it safe to sell all Junk items or do I need to continue hoarding everything for the future?

sasliquid

So I'm looking for advice as a beginner playing on hard (though I played most of witcher 2 on easy).

Still in White Harbour, what are the best ways of recovering health? And I need to make moon dust and spectre oil for the
well ghost
but don't have the schematic for the former or the herbs for the latter, is there a shop that sells them?

Furyous

I need money soooo bad. Any tips?

It's possible to sell plants. Kill bandits, take their swords, and sell them.

I'm splltting time between finding guarded treasures, places on interest, and Gwent. Found a sweet chest with goodies on the water past the bridge with the plants near the Niilguardians exercising. It's above the water far away but not too far away from the wolves guarding the treasure chest.

I looked up and realized I had 20 swords but dismantled them for parts because they suck.

KingKong

I find it pretty funny that despite being a witcher I have spent most of my time hunting down deserters, brutally murdering them and stealing their meager possessions

boskee

Ok, what's the matter with trophies. I've completed the two monster hunting quests in White Orchard
Griffin and Noonwraith
and even tho I turned them both in I still have the trophies. Should I just drop them?

So I'm looking for advice as a beginner playing on hard (though I played most of witcher 2 on easy).

Still in White Harbour, what are the best ways of recovering health? And I need to make moon dust and spectre oil for the
well ghost
but don't have the schematic for the former or the herbs for the latter, is there a shop that sells them?

Food, eat food all the time, and unlock the sun and stars skill ASAP. Do not forget to eat in combat, and remember to manually select the food with the longest recovery time manually when you can. I don't think you can get moon dust in the first area but the oil you can... There's some of those red plants... Weird name near the windmill.

Can I return to the first area after
Yennefer
shows up and the subsequent
bath/shave
scene, or do I need to finish everything there first?

Edit: And is it safe to sell all Junk items or do I need to continue hoarding everything for the future?

You are safe to leave White Orchard, you can come back to it whenever you want and do more quests, same with all the other areas.

And junk can either be sold if you need cash or keep it and dismantle it at a blacksmith for crafting parts.

Ok, what's the matter with trophies. I've completed the two monster hunting quests in White Orchard
Griffin and Noonwraith
and even tho I turned them both in I still have the trophies. Should I just drop them?

They give stat bonusses. You can wear them and they will appear on your horse. Only one at a time though.

g23

European pre-madonna
Mine got bugged :mad:
the damn werewolf keeps regenerating health quicker than I can kill it.
Oh well, maybe come back at higher level to one hit it.

It's not a bug! Trust me I thought it was impossible too but was able to defeat him @ level 4

The key is to keep hitting him until his health reaches the lower bars. Once his health is low enough he won't regenerate as fast. Just keep hitting him and don't let up. Bring some bombs and keep using the stun/mind control sign on him.

sasliquid

Food, eat food all the time, and unlock the sun and stars skill ASAP. Do not forget to eat in combat, and remember to manually select the food with the longest recovery time manually when you can. I don't think you can get moon dust in the first area but the oil you can... There's some of those red plants... Weird name near the windmill.

Someone told me that skill kinda breaks the game, what does it do exactly?

JJD

I think the key to unlock the person in distress on No Man's Land near the Hanged Man Tree bugged!

I killed all the bandits riding horses nearby and the key didn't drop... :-(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Griffin and Noonwraith
I don't think I got a trophy for
Noonwraith
. What is it?

Tigress

Hey, a few questions.

1. Does the game spawn any random mobs or are the mobs finite? I remember one review saying something to such effect and so far it seems like once I clear an area of mobs they don't come back (but I've only finished the white orchard area). I really hope they aren't finite cause that will totally trigger my hoarding tendency more when I realize that no, I can't just get more if I need some item and I threw it away.

2. I'm not sure if anyone is going to know this this early but If you drop an item, does the game remember where it is at (since you can't put items in boxes like other RPGs). Or does it eventually clear the cache and the item disappears (this could be an answer for those that don't want to carry the witcher gear but still want access later when they can upgrade it).

Godan

Anyone know how to get the small bridge down at Lornruk? Can't seem to find any other way in other than the bridge that is there.

aravuus

11 hours in, still level 4. Doing random small side quests here and there, each give me 10 exp.

Feels like I'm never gonna reach even level 10. Oh well, at least each level up takes "only" 1000 or 2000 exp apparently which is great. No annoying deep cliffs.

I need money soooo bad. Any tips?
Embrace kleptomania (inside houses and from corpses) and herbalism, sell obsolete trash as needed.
Keep a bit of equipment with similar stats and switch to them instead of repairing all the time.
Use suns and stars ability to save on food and drinks (on the hardest two difficulties)

Damn Gwent is fun and addictive.

Question, about the first Innkeeper in White Orchard and her gwent cards.

After fighting the guys that tried to attack Vesimer(after he stops innkeeper from being beat), it seems she vanishes? I got some coin so wanted to buy the cards she has but she isn't anywhere. Meditated a lot, maybe she will return after a quest or something?

^^ Very light spoiler about npc, very early in the game.

Klyka

Banned
So basically the only way to properly level up is to do the main story line because everything else seems to give shit all XP or none at all.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Damn Gwent is fun and addictive.

Question, about the first Innkeeper in White Orchard and her gwent cards.

After fighting the guys that tried to attack Vesimer(after he stops innkeeper from being beat), it seems she vanishes? I got some coin so wanted to buy the cards she has but she isn't anywhere. Meditated a lot, maybe she will return after a quest or something?

^^ Very light spoiler about npc, very early in the game.

You need to buy them before this happens.

ironcreed

Banned
Beached whale:

11052026_892569564140145_3412268101198024733_n.jpg

Anyone having luck finding a way to increase your carry limit? I have a limit of 90 but it seems to be still to little.

I really love the combat in this game, It seriously makes every battle and actual effort instead of another mindless press x unless you are done. They did an amazing job with it, also I love how Geralt is more of a detective now. Over all I am extremely satisfied with it.

Chariot

Ok, one more question: who sells/crafts saddlebags for Roach? Velen/White Orchard preferably.
I got mine from one of the dudes at the bloody dudes castle. Either the smith dude or the general trader dude.
Anyone having luck finding a way to increase your carry limit? I have a limit of 90 but it seems to be still to little.
Get bigger saddle bags. Or get saddle bags at all. I think I have about 170 with the saddle pooches from the dude (see above) at the blood dudes castle.

Ps4 version here game keeps crashing when playing Gwent. Especially when i hold triangle to pass for the rest of the round. Anyone else having this problem. v 1.01.

I got mine from one of the dudes at the bloody dudes castle. Either the smith dude or the general trader dude.Get bigger saddle bags. Or get saddle bags at all. I think I have about 170 with the saddle pooches from the dude (see above) at the blood dudes castle.

Thats who I bought my saddle bag from but it only gives around 30 extra carrying strength, I would kill to have 170.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom