• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

erawsd

I find it pretty funny that despite being a witcher I have spent most of my time hunting down deserters, brutally murdering them and stealing their meager possessions

Its not murder, its self defense. I think of it as me wandering through minding my own business when a vicious group of bandits are set upon me and try to rob me for my meager possessions -- I gotta defend myself. Its also not stealing, after they're dead I may as well help myself to their goods since they dont need them.

aravuus

Anyone having luck finding a way to increase your carry limit? I have a limit of 90 but it seems to be still to little.

Buy/find saddle bags if you want to do it in-game and "legit".

I posted a mod earlier to up the limit to 9999 if you want to go all the way, check out my post history

Chariot

Thats who I bought my saddle bag from but it only gives around 30 extra carrying strength, I would kill to have 170.
Huh, is my memory fuzzy or are the contents of the traders slightly randomized?
Its not murder, its self defense. I think of it as me wandering through minding my own business when a vicious group of bandits are set upon me and try to rob me for my meager possessions -- I gotta defend myself. Its also not stealing, after they're dead I may as well help myself to their goods since they dont need them.
Yeah, I doubt that a lot of people have problems with slaughered bandits. Met a few trying to burn an elven women in her own house. Bandits are to be exterminated.

Is there any reason to keep so many white myrtle petals and other plants I've spent forever gathering as I wander around? Especially since potions re-stock automatically when you meditate?

Ah... Yes there are things you can create that go towards being an ingredient for other potions. Got it just answered my own question.

Fuck I love gwent, I am good at it!

When you're looking at a weapon or piece of armor, what's the first stat and icon mean (to the left of strength/armor rating)? It looks like a little hammer but I know it's not that weapons current durability.

Salsa

3QTlZtI.png

a916

There are certain walkways that my horse just refuses to walk over... sometimes I'll have to get off, go past it, and call him again.

Really annoying...

Chariot

Ps4 version here game keeps crashing when playing Gwent. Especially when i hold triangle to pass for the rest of the round. Anyone else having this problem. v 1.01.

Gwent with the guy in the first village crashed the game on PS4. Is there a way around that or is it just completely game breaking?
I think this is a common problem. You better pray that CDPR is bussy putting together emergency patches right now for all platforms. There are a few things that are really icky with crashes and freezes and such.
There are certain walkways that my horse just refuses to walk over... sometimes I'll have to get off, go past it, and call him again.

Really annoying...
Yeah. The horse in RDR did as I commanded. Roach sometimes just doesn't give a fuck.

CHC

Eurogamer's got the scoop on a big patch that is on the way:

Before I get into the nitty-gritty, know that a big patch with 600 changes - including improvements to graphics and graphical settings - was sent to certification today (Wednesday 20th May), and will take between five and seven days to clear.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

As the title indicates the interview also touches on the downgrade controversy... if you're into that kinda thing.

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
Could someone please remind me how to aim and throw a bomb on the PS4? I looked online and in the manual and I didn't see anything.
Also, how do I use the crossbow?

Sorry to be so daft...

Chariot

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

As the title indicates the interview also touches on the downgrade controversy... if you're into that kinda thing.
Oh good. GOing to embrace the patch. I don't want to be scared of my own inventory no more.

How can you prevent Rotfiends from exploding ? They keep killing themselves so I don't get the bestiary entry.
Oh! I always wondered why I didn't have one. Didn't think of that. Already experimented? Maybe Yreden?
Welp, that sux, hope there were no exclusive cards.
Most of them weren't, but she had a Foltest card. I don't know if you find that particular one again.

I'd like to come in here and highly recommend people play on hard mode. The game just makes sense and works on hard, from crafting, planning, using oils, potions, bombs, traps, etc.

Whereas on normal it's just square square square.

I haven't tried the very hard difficulty, but hard seems to be great. give it a try.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Patch already in cert? Nice. Usually when they say "soon" for a patch it's something that they just started working on and is over a month out.

Seven hours in and I'm like only level 5. Am I doing alright still? I can't help but feel underleveled :/
I'm level 2 after about five hours LOL

RoadHazard

Gold Member
After two nights of playing, around 8h in total, I'm now just about done with White Orchard (I might have taken a bit longer than most to get to this point, but I've been taking it pretty slow, haven't fast-traveled once, etc). Unless I've missed some hidden quest you need to stumble over (I've done the frying pan one, etc) I've done absolutely everything this place has to offer. All that's left now is to go kick some Griffin ass, then it's time to embark on the real adventure. Feeling pretty psyched to finally get out there! But that's tomorrow. Now sleep.

Yeah, I'm getting better at combat.
Beat the level 6 bear and level 7 wraiths at level 2. I can now even handle a group of drowner and a whole pack of wolves without death.
Feels good.

Tenebrous

Getting rather tired of
Use Your Witcher Senses to...

A very good game so far, with a few excellent moments and a few shortcomings, but hey, it's only just begun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, I'm getting better at combat.
Beat the level 6 bear and level 7 wraiths at level 2. I can now even handle a group of drowner and a whole pack of wolves without death.
Feels good.
Yeah, the level 6 wraith was surprisingly easy. Enhancing weapons and armor works wonders for encounters like that. I'm not leaving a settlement unenhanced any more.

Seven hours in and I'm like only level 5. Am I doing alright still? I can't help but feel underleveled :/

You level up faster by doing main quest, I was at level 4 for 3 hours and 1 hour of main quests got me up to level 6. But I am doing side quests at the moment even if it is slower this is the first game that I actually want to do side quests in so I would say take our time with it..

Also it's crazy how fast you can run into a monster 4 times your level in this game, I even ran into a monster that just had question marks on it. it chased me for a good 10 minutes

Auctopus

Just finished 'Wandering In The Darkness', loved it.

There's something really likeable about Keira's character, in fact there's plenty of great characters in the game already. Even small characters have pretty good acting and dialogue.

Thinking if it's worth it to head back to White Orchard and get the Serpent Silver sword made by the Nilfgaardian Blacksmith as I haven't seemed to be finding many silver swords/any.

Just made a mod that gives you 3 skillpoints per level instead of one

Have changed the XP thresholds too

Any suggestions as to what so better thresholds would be for people who want to rank up more quickly?

My test version of it gives you 3x points for the first six level-ups and drops the threshold down to 100 each time (which is obviously far too generous :p):

Chariot

Getting rather tired of
Use Your Witcher Senses to...

A very good game so far, with a few excellent moments and a few shortcomings, but hey, it's only just begun.
I'd whish that the Witcher sense wouldn't be so diifcult to look at. It hurts my eyes, zooming clother to Gerald doesn't help. A bit easier on the eyes would've been nice.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just made a mod that gives you 3 skillpoints per level instead of one

Have changed the XP thresholds too

Any suggestions as to what so better thresholds would be for people who want to rank up more quickly?

My test version of it gives you 3x points for the first six level-ups and drops the threshold down to 100 each time (which is obviously far too generous :p):

I personally don't get using mods like that at all. Surely you're completely breaking the game balance the devs have carefully set up? I know I wouldn't want to end up completely overpowered halfway through the game. But if that's your thing, why not, go crazy!

Tenebrous

I'd whish that the Witcher sense wouldn't be so diifcult to look at. It hurts my eyes, zooming clother to Gerald doesn't help. A bit easier on the eyes would've been nice.

Same. I'm not overly sensitive to FOV induced motion sickness, but it does make me feel a bit uneven... Nowhere near as bad as Just Cause 2, though.

Ghost23

I enjoy the music for the most part, but man does it get repetitive. I wish they didn't program it to be one song for whatever area you are in. I cannot stand the White Orchard song anymore.

I personally don't get using mods like that at all. Surely you're completely breaking the game balance the devs have carefully set up? I know I wouldn't want to end up completely overpowered halfway through the game. But if that's your thing, why not, go crazy!

I can totally understand it - I used the Full Combat Rebalance mod out of the gate in the Witcher 2 for example which did stuff like auto filling one of the skill trees that gave you access to basic moves (such as parrying).

This is obviously a more primitive version of that though :p and hey, it's only been a few days since launch, and I figure that experimenting with this sort of thing will lead to better mods down the road.

Salsa

I don't get these comments that show up all the time when people mod things as if there was an ultimate saying on what you should do with the game

let the dude mod away. cool that new things are popping up

Nbz

Quick question folks, I have imported my save file from Witcher 2, but I just realised that the save file is from before the final battle with
Letho
, and I don't know if there is any way to have a save file after that (i.e. once the game has been fully beaten).

Is there any way to get a finished save file, or can we just assume that the final battle isn't going to be a part of Witcher 3, therefore a save right before it is just fine.

Anyone have an answer for this yet?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The only mod I would care about is one that would take out weight limit. Hopefully someone will make that for Witcher 3, hate weight limit in games. Let me grab all the stuff I want!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So if I apply an oil to my Silver sword will it become permament until I decide to remove it or does it expire after a while?

I enjoy the music for the most part, but man does it get repetitive. I wish they didn't program it to be one song for whatever area you are in. I cannot stand the White Orchard song anymore.

Yeah it's a little irritating after awhile, I dropped the volume for music to 45%.

I should do main questlines before getting to high in lvl right? Right now i'm doing sidequests and contracts and got to lvl9 but i have main quest line that is lvl 6, i should do that first right?

Ultimadrago

So guys, do any of the question marks lead to actual quests and not just treasure/powerpoints/randomstuff?

Because I gotta lotta Question Marks...

And I want to beat the game in this millennium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom