• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the level 6 wraith was surprisingly easy. Enhancing weapons and armor works wonders for encounters like that. I'm not leaving a settlement unenhanced any more.

Yeah, monsters in general are quite easy if I actually see their moves and use my dodge properly lol.
I almost didn't get a scratch when I fought the bear, he's so slow. Wraiths were a joke, way easier compared to Witcher 2 wraiths. Perhaps it's because I'm still fighting them one by one so far, not in groups like in the previous game.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Blonde Witch lady

Oh uh, I feel like I'm going to have to deny some sexy time soon. Can't do that to my bae Yennifer.

benzy

You have certain chance you can increase with all kind of things. They trigger automatically with that chance.Safest bet: reinstall W2 or ask somebody who still got it to finish the last part of the game for you.

Is there a way to do manual finishers or is the only way to do finishers is by enabling auto?

Gwent with the guy in the first village crashed the game on PS4. Is there a way around that or is it just completely game breaking?

Yeah, this seems to happen to most people. Only crash so far was during that very same game. Worked second time though, and the game autosaves right before it so no biggie.

Just made a mod that gives you 3 skillpoints per level instead of one

Have changed the XP thresholds too

Any suggestions as to what so better thresholds would be for people who want to rank up more quickly?

My test version of it gives you 3x points for the first six level-ups and drops the threshold down to 100 each time (which is obviously far too generous :p):

Whatever floats your boat man, but I'd never use something like this.

Chariot

So guys, do any of the question marks lead to actual quests and not just treasure/powerpoints/randomstuff?

Because I gotta lotta Question Marks...

And I want to beat the game in this millennium.
I assume you got all symbols on or something. I only saw a question mark once and that quickly turned into a nest. So I assume it can be all kind of things. Unless you see a random nest as something wonderful.
Is there a way to do manual finishers or is the only way to do finishers is by enabling auto?
I don't think you can do them manually.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah, monsters in general are quite easy if I actually see their moves and use my dodge properly lol.
I almost didn't get a scratch when I fought the bear, he's so slow. Wraiths were a joke, way easier compared to Witcher 2 wraiths. Perhaps it's because I'm still fighting them one by one so far, not in groups like in the previous game.
I forgot about the bear. Yeah, he's crazy easy to dodge.

So guys, do any of the question marks lead to actual quests and not just treasure/powerpoints/randomstuff?

Because I gotta lotta Question Marks...

And I want to beat the game in this millennium.

First thing I did in this game was put PoI indicators off. Following the main quest, passing through towns, picking up quests, feels much better.

wow this gwent crashing the game really pissing me off. I really like that card game but can't freaking play one round. I am surprised an obvious bug like this made it into the final version. CDPorjekt never passed during the game? wtf? how did they even win?

Chariot

It's like nobody knows Triss anymore. I only see thirsty people for Yennefer, "blonde witch lady" and randomly enough the Arbalist.

I am really enjoying the balance of crafting/dismantling/inventory management/currency. I am always close to being skint, but I have been able to keep around just enough ingredients/currency to do repairs or craft items when needed.

I dismantled my starting swords though. Will have to make do with whatever I can find/craft going forward.

I also see two other currencies in my inventory. I assume there will be a location where I can exchange them?

Lunar FC

I'm on Family Matters and it's telling me to
Investigate all remaining leads in Velen and find the Baron's wife
. Ive got no idea where to go or who to talk to. Can anybody help?

erawsd

I personally don't get using mods like that at all. Surely you're completely breaking the game balance the devs have carefully set up? I know I wouldn't want to end up completely overpowered halfway through the game. But if that's your thing, why not, go crazy!

I don't ever use mods like that on my first playthrough, but I do appreciate them if I play through a second time. I treat it almost like a NG+ of sorts, where I want to see how the world is shaped by alternate decisions and circumstances but I don't want to go back to square one in regards to combat prowess..

hbkdx12

Ability upgrade question

Any tips on what the best sign to upgrade is?
after axii

I'm on the 3rd tier and have the alternate igni ability and I don't like it and feel like I wasted 3 hard earned ability points investing in it. I'm thinking of getting the alternate ability for quen but wanted to get some thoughts about whether it was worth it

hemo memo

Gold Member
wow this gwent crashing the game really pissing me off. I really like that card game but can't freaking play one round. I am surprised an obvious bug like this made it into the final version. CDPorjekt never passed during the game? wtf? how did they even win?

I feel like I'm the only one without a problem with gwent game. I've even played it before the first patch and it worked fine.

I am really enjoying the balance of crafting/dismantling/inventory management/currency. I am always close to being skint, but I have been able to keep around just enough ingredients/currency to do repairs or craft items when needed.

I dismantled my starting swords though. Will have to make do with whatever I can find/craft going forward.

I also see two other currencies in my inventory. I assume there will be a location where I can exchange them?

Yes. Since Nilfgaard conquered Temeria the new currency is the Crown. The previous currency, the Oren, is not accepted there anymore but can still be traded in at the Vivaldi Bank in Novigrad.

erawsd

How do you knock down beehives? Witcher sense shows a fist over them but neither attacking nor Aard moves them.

You should be able to Ard them and the bees fly out and attack enemies (or you). If you igni them it kills the bees and you can loot the honey, which the herbalist buys for decent coin.

Newman96

So when I pickup a contract that just adds a marker to the map for an "undiscovered location", how am I supposed to know which one I'm going to?

aravuus

any way to get rid of DURABILITY yet?

please god

http://cheatengine.org/forum/viewto...&start=0&sid=dd8c12aaea217bf1469d9d62a05651af

It's a cheat engine table. If you've never used it, super quick guide: install CE, launch the game, launch CE, choose witcher 3 from the process list in CE (small computer icon in upper left corner), open the .ct file you downloaded in CE by clicking the folder icon next to the computer icon, click the small box next to "unlimited durability".

Voila, every piece of equipment locked at 100%.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Very early on in White Orchid as part of the main quest line

You have to go see
the herbalist and when you open the door to her house shes bend over a table wearing extremely tight red leather pants

Shes also very pretty which is a bonus

CDP might suck at a lot of things but god damn do they make cute vidya girls

horse.gif

Damn, I never noticed

Fyke Island Quest lvl 6-7

The Witch mentioned the curse can be lifted by a priest albeit the option of getting Graham to lift the curse. Where is that priest?

bbd23

http://cheatengine.org/forum/viewto...&start=0&sid=dd8c12aaea217bf1469d9d62a05651af

It's a cheat engine table. If you've never used it, super quick guide: install CE, launch the game, launch CE, choose witcher 3 from the process list in CE (small computer icon in upper left corner), open the .ct file you downloaded in CE by clicking the folder icon next to the computer icon, click the small box next to "unlimited durability".

Voila, every piece of equipment locked at 100%.

I love PC gaming

Is there an achievement to beat the game on the highest difficulty? If so I'm going to forget about the platinum.

Yeah there is one. I'm looking forward to making it a way of getting some more life out of the game. There's plenty of buffs available to assist and a few more reasons to use them would be good I think.

I thought only Geralt can brew potions anyway?

I meant just to buy ingredients. A lot of potions require certain plants and I can't be arsed to go searching the forests for an hour to find them lol...

Ah I see, sorry I misread your post lol.
I think I met a herbalist somewhere near
the abandoned village below White Orchard. After I cleared the path from Ghouls, villagers came and gather around the area, including a herbalist. Not sure what kind of herbs he's selling though, as I haven't met him since.

aravuus

By the way, anyone looking to get The Witcher 3 eGuide from Prima, use WITCH50 as your promo code, and it's 4.99. Just found that deal.

DEAL! Uh, maybe. Logged into paypal, proceeded, bought, etc whatever, and this shit is what I get

f709ed7c4b.png

Fuck's sake. The fuck am I supposed to do.

e: there was a small continue text on the right. Great job looking professional, esellerate or whatever the fuck that was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom