• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That durability cheat makes me want to buy a PC. Fucking hate that mechanic.

LOL how did you not notice? The camera lingers on her ass for a solid five seconds twice during the scene where you meet her.

I mustve been looking at my phone or something haha

Regarding herbalists in White Orchard

One you can
Liberate an area to the right of the abandoned village.

Second
Run into via main quest, can't miss

There is a song in this game that is so damn beautiful I can't get it out of my mind.

And the soundtrack came with the game with a thank-you, at no extra charge.
Simply too based.

Where's this herbalist? Think I searched every house in the first village.
The two herbalists
Main:
1knoqk.png

Abandoned site
http://abload.de/img/2uwrpz.png

The more I play this game, the more the sloppy controls and combat are killing my enjoyment. I appreciate the scope of the game they created, but if the core movement and combat isn't fun, then, well, what's the point....

Inquisition > Witcher

Anyone playing on PC with a gamepad feel like there's a lot of input lag? I feel like Geralt takes so long to dodge after I hit the button, I'm not sure if it's just my game or if it's designed this way. Janky controls are the reason I never finished Witcher 2..,

The more I play this game, the more the sloppy controls and combat are killing my enjoyment. I appreciate the scope of the game they created, but if the core movement and combat isn't fun, then, well, what's the point....

Inquisition > Witcher
I agree on both points lol. I'm still enjoying it though. I think this game is missing a solid hub like that other game where you can do cool story and inventory stuff without having to run around like an idiot. Maybe I just haven't unlocked it?

How are people getting coin? You barely get any from quests.

DEAL! Uh, maybe. Logged into paypal, proceeded, bought, etc whatever, and this shit is what I get

f709ed7c4b.png

Fuck's sake. The fuck am I supposed to do.

e: there was a small continue text on the right. Great job looking professional, esellerate or whatever the fuck that was

bummer.

Anyone playing on PC with a gamepad feel like there's a lot of input lag? I feel like Geralt takes so long to dodge after I hit the button, I'm not sure if it's just my game or if it's designed this way. Janky controls are the reason I never finished Witcher 2..,

Yep. That's why I ditched my gamepad and went with kb/m ever since.
Set it to mouse hardware cursor in the settings and you're good to go.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That's how it is on console as well. I've gotten used to it now though but it's annoying at first.

I can't parry in time to counter an enemy's attack :/

aravuus

Oh, I got the guide in the end lol. Not sure if I'm even gonna use it that much, but it was just 5 bucks.

I'll probably use it to hunt down the side quests I may have missed when I'm getting towards the end of the game, unless I've managed to burn myself on the game

I had done a few quests in Velen but I went back to White Orchard to do all the question marks.

Feel much happier with my character now I've found all the armor and places of power. I also crafted the two Serpentine swords and combat is a a lot more enjoyable. I no longer feel underpowered.

It took a good few hours though to do all that without touching a quest. This game is dense as hell.

Scared to even look at the question marks in Velen.

I just did the quest with
the missing wife
. Another great choice!

I really like the meditate mechanic that replenishes your bombs and potions, it gives you an incentive to unlock them all. If I had to keep brewing them I'd lose interest really quick.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Imo this game is a mess.

I'm tired of paying to beta test games. This might be the last game I buy day one. (I guess technically I pre-ordered).

From now on, unless it's got Naughty Dog's name on it... I'm not spending money.

Dynasty8

Playing the X1 version and no problems with Gwent so far. I was originally gonna go with the PS4 version, what the hell is going on?

Anyone play Witcher 1 & 2 while giving Triss the cold shoulder (I.e. choosing Shani, not giving rose of remembrance, etc) and import the save?
I'm curious if it changes how
Yen reacts when you ask why she didn't contact you earlier.

Ledhead

Just entered
Velen

First hour was rough and I keep forgetting to save, but getting the hang of it now. Crafting like wildfire

artsi

I haven't seen anyone reply to you guys, but if you look at the windows you'll see they are just open spaces in the wall, wind gets in.

Well here I am, in completely closed kitchen, with Geralt's hair flapping like it don't care.

Yeah it's cool to have a bit of dramatic wind here and there but this is just silly, lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
By far the worst thing about this game (I've kind of learned to live with a lot of other stuff) is the goddamned auto-centering camera.

I can't deal with it. It's damn obnoxious. Any area where this game tries to play itself, it's just obtrusive and obnoxious. Far outweighing any slight convenience benefit you might get from these "features". Just let me control my own damn horse. Let me drive the camera, thanks, because you guys really suck at it. I mean you suck so fucking bad at it.

Chariot

Yeah. Tried it twice now (had the sense to save manually before the second attempt) and each time I hit triangle it crashes.
Yeah better wait for the patch. But buy the cards from the nice owner.

Well here I am, in completely closed kitchen, with Geralt's hair flapping like it don't care.

Yeah it's cool to have a bit of dramatic wind here and there but this is just silly, lol.
Hairdryer Wraith!

TheFatMan

Man the "?" events are the way to make money for sure. I just made about 3000 gold over the course of a couple hours just killing bandits and shit and selling there swords to the Swordsmith in Oxenfurt.

No more worrying about having repair money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom