• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get overwhelmed (in a good way) by the number of sidequests I have available. But it's not like Skyrim where they mostly look boring and pointless. I actually am interested and want to do all of them. Some really good quest design in this game.

DOWN

Banned
So you're the guy they keep putting it in games for :p

What's the source for that shot? Clearly it isn't rendering any grass shadows there which is leaving things obviously disconnected. I've seen grass shadows numerous times on PS4 so if that isn't from a PC with the shadows for grass turned off then it's a bug. Typically the game looks better than that.

It's literally my PS4 copy, just hours ago. All I did was load where I last saved, and it represents my impressions of the visuals in general. That's how the LOD and general foliage often look.

Made a post about it already but I think I just broke my copy. I died and I clicked "Load from most recent save" and it would do anything after several minutes. I quit the game and tried loading again but now it just sits on the title screen saying "Please Wait...." did I break my copy :(? Xbox One version btw.

Man, I can't stop looking at this shot. The amount of detail is just staggering!

witcher32015-05-2015-46-01-18.png

I finally figured out how CascadeShadowDistanceScale works. Might make a more detailed post on it later.

As soon as a card comes out that can run that at 4K locked at 60fps I'm redoing my entertainment center and getting a gaming PC and a 4K TV. Stuff like that makes me want to say fuck it and just get a PC now, damn does that look good compared to the PS4 version.

Salsa

I like how even tho the witch quest was a main one I still kinda figured it'd be something on the side since it wasnt the automatically marked on

entered it like "oh yeah this should be a small thing"

fuck

Yeul

For those that reached the Honor Among Thieves sidequest:

Anyone else not able to find the King of Beggars to collect your reward? I follow the minimap and it takes me to an empty alley with no one there.

Oh yeah that definitely happened to me when I tried to do that quest. If you can recall where you went through the door to meet him the first time
where you tail that guy to find the King of Beggars and Triss
you have to find that door again because that's where he'll be. I wish stuff was marked better on the map.

Trickster

Man I am loving this game, despite how I was surprisingly to myself feeling a bit down on it after playing a couple of hours in the starting area. But man, once you're let loose in Velen or whatever it's called, game just kicks into gear so hard.

Side quests are great and very numerous, they were not lying when they said fetch type quests were not really a thing in this game. Love when quests that seem straightforward takes a twist, or just doesn't end at the point you've been trained to expect them too from other games. Such breaht of fresh air

And the main quest lines just seem to go on and on forever lol. Been doing the
Bloody Baron
storyline for several hours now, and it's still not done

Enviroment are gorgeous as well, and probably the most realistic I've seen in a game. Yeah it's had a downgrade compared to the earlier footage/trailer, but it's still goddamn gorgeous when playing.

The size of the world also feels hard to wrap my head around, I'll scroll across the map and think "ah, it's not THAT big, wouldn't take that long to run from point a to b". Then I stop and think how much time I've already spend in the part of the world I've been too, and still have tons of unexplored areas and quests for. Then I realize that holy shit, the rest of the map is gonna take forever to run through...And THEN it dawns on me that I've not even factored the Skellige Isles part of the world into my considerations for the size of the world.

TLDR: This game is fucking amazing

boskee

Man, I just rode into Novigrad for the very first time and it was a jaw dropping moment. That gaffer who compared the size of GTA 5 and TW3 and made Novigrad about the size of the GTA 5 runway was way off mark.

Witcher 3 is quickly jumping places on my "all time favourite game". It is one of those special games that will be remembered for years to come.

So does everyone on us psn still only have 1.01? The two dlcs are out but no 1.02 patch yet

Edit: Nvm For anyone else wondering the 1.02 patch is only for EU to fix a problem with that sku

Gaz_RB

Quick question, my Geralt has some ugly purple face paint all of a sudden, I have no idea how it got there but it looks really stupid. I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I noticed it after talking to the herbalist in the first area. I'm not sure if that's what caused it somehow, but I noticed it immediately after talking to her. There's like purple streaks going down his face.

I'm pretty sure I didn't equip anything that should have done this. Anyone else have this happen and know how to stop it?

Toxicity? Take a lot of potions recently?

viveks86

As soon as a card comes out that can run that at 4K locked at 60fps I'm redoing my entertainment center and getting a gaming PC and a 4K TV. Stuff like that makes me want to say fuck it and just get a PC now, damn does that look good compared to the PS4 version.

A single card? If you disable hair works, you can run that at 4k60 right now with a Titan X SLI. If you meant a single card, then yeah, a high end Pascal mid-late next year would be your best bet

I am enjoying how questlines do not necessarily end once the main quest portion is done. Nice when the game world does not revolve purely around the main story.

Courage

Oh yeah that definitely happened to me when I tried to do that quest. If you can recall where you went through the door to meet him the first time
where you tail that guy to find the King of Beggars and Triss
you have to find that door again because that's where he'll be. I wish stuff was marked better on the map.

Thanks, I found it.

Saint9806

Beat the Griffin on my 2nd attempt. Opted not to use the crossbow because I was comfortable with the sword and it worked out well. Much easier than I thought after seeing all the complaining about how difficult it was from different members. I'm playing on Blood and Broken Bones btw... I guess all the Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and Bloodborne I've been playing lately have trained me well to be patient.

Before the Griffin fight, I had 0 food consumables. I killed about 7 of the geese and I was on my way. I don't think I will ever buy food. Haha. Now I have to finish up everything in White Orchard before I leave with Vessimir. Such a great game!!

Sakura

Hrm
I was playing the introductory game of Gwent and the game crashed when I tried passing on my turn... PS4 by the way.
:/
Edit: I see others have had that problem as well.

What is with these garbage rates for selling gear? Anyone know of any merchants in Novigrad /Velen that give good returns on weapons and armor? While we're at it for monster heads as well.

leng jai

Absolutely love everything about the game aside from the combat and controls. I can't even tell if parry works half the time and the lock on absolutely stinks when fighting multiple enemies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got 4 or 5 hours logged in so far. I tried to get into Wither 2 and got through Flotsam but the game never really grabbed me, so far I atleast think I like this more. But I'm echoing some of the other common complaints with controls, it's unwieldy to move Geralt around specifically in a town with any precision since his normal movement seems too fast for it. Combat lockon makes zero sense to me but I've been liking it otherwise.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Absolutely love everything about the game aside from the combat and controls. I can't even tell if parry works half the time and the lock on absolutely stinks when fighting multiple enemies.

Don't use it for multiple enemies... just rely on the soft lock. You can even quick-fire crossbow with soft lock. Lock in 1v1 or vs bosses, but mobs are better if you just get used to playing without it.

PreFire

It has. Under add-ons.

I see the temerian armor and beard hairstyle dlc and the expansion pack. I guess the free DLC will be released in bunches instead of all at once.

Also, should I install the beard DLC? I hear once you do Geralt's doesn't naturally (or digitally) grow his beard as the game progresses. Pretty dumb move tbh

Maximo

Oh god death march is hella hard..any tips for a witcher newbie?
First Witcher game I have played and doing March pretty well, just keep up to date with levels making sure you don't fall behind, you will also learn quickly where stronger enemies will be and what areas to avoid until your leveled up. Explore ALOT and I do mean this, exploring can lead you to Loot/Weapons/Armor or generally Stones of Power to help make you stronger. Read about beasts and learn their weaknesses, I typically don't craft oils or bombs for the run of the mill enemies but quest bosses or witcher contracts its a good idea to come prepared. Meditate can replenish some Potions/Bombs you make, highly recommend to mediate after a few battles or before you leave town, never know when you will need them. When it comes to combat I generally just use the shield unless a enemy has a weakness to fire, spend points wisely as you can only have a few active at the start. And by that its not like typically spending points in a *Tree* and they work, you have to put them in the slots, seen too many Streamers or people playing putting points in everything thinking they will all be active.

sn00zer

I Completed 1 and 2. They are both great games, 3 is turning out great as well. 3 is reminding me of 1 in that its difficult to pick up, but it's all the better for it.

Wish some of the music from 1 would come back in 3.

Lol this is not the opinion I wanted. Witchr 1 and 2 did not click with me at all on a mechanics level, Im wondering if people had similar experiences and currently own the Witcher 3

PreFire

I also noticed that pressing R1 to draw my bow isn't working. Wtf

This is after
Yenefer brings you to the royal idiot, you get shaved, he talks to you
early game spoiler

Am I not equipping it in the menu correctly? It's in the correct slots, even up equipped and equipped and nothing. This is after a fast travel to your next location
next to the hung bodies

On ps4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom