• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlsojo

The Witcher contract monsters are NOT playing around.

Shrieker:
Fucking Basilisk would just bleed me to death just by looking at me. Finally spammed Igni on him to light the fucker on fire.

Jenny o' the Woods:
She literally three shot me. I keep trying to alternate between my shield and my trap spell, but trap effect doesn't last as long as I'd like and she goes incorporeal on me. Had to give up on her for the time being.

Warablo

Ah, damn. Think I have a glitched quest. Dirty Funds won't progress after I read the letter and I can't figure out the location rrom the text.

Mines stuck as well. I think because I got the loot before reading the letter. Now its just stuck saying I have to read the letter.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Shrieker:
Fucking Basilisk would just bleed me to death just by looking at me. Finally spammed Igni on him to light the fucker on fire.

Jenny o' the Woods:
She literally three shot me. I keep trying to alternate between my shield and my trap spell, but trap effect doesn't last as long as I'd like and she goes incorporeal on me. Had to give up on her for the time being.

Shrieker is SUPER easy if you
do it on horse back. Run at it > hit it once > run far enough to lower your horse's fear bar > repeat

What does everyone feel is a good setting for right stick camera sensitivity (PS4) ? The default was way too quick for me.

I put it down to 0.80 but it still feels quick.

The controls take a bit of getting used to. I also hope they patch the movement so it doesn't go full run instantly.

I teared up at the end of that. One of the most resonating arcs I've had to experience.

It was a very powerful story. It really set the tone for what I should expect from the game as well, and whilst of course there's lighter parts, there are plenty of dark parts too.

So far I am not enjoying this game. It's primarily due to the awful controls that are sluggish and unresponsive. Combat feels like a chore rather than being fun or challenging.

Chitown B

So far I am not enjoying this game. It's primarily due to the awful controls that are sluggish and unresponsive. Combat feels like a chore rather than being fun or challenging.

I like the game but I agree about the fighting. I feel like I'm fighting in pudding and everything else drank a red bull before the fight.

Trying to decide on a possible build:

Witcher 3 Skill:

Skill Slot (1): Combat
Whirl
Razor Focus
Flood of Anger

Skill Slot (2): Sign
Delusion (Axii)
Puppet (Axii)
Domination (Axii)

Skill Slot (3): Sign
Exploding Shield (Quen)
Active Shield (Quen)
Magic Trap (Yrden)

Skill Slot (4): General
Adrenaline Burst
Focus
Griffin or Cat School Technique

Even though this build does not include alchemy skills I plan to use bombs and potions accordingly. My thought for this build is that for most interactions I would put on Quen and go into combat, I will gain a lot of adrenaline fast due to my skill choice and armor. I will use Axii to help when there are multiple enemies and if being swarmed I can use magic trap to slow everyone down and whirl. Also if I have three adrenaline points I can use ignii or any other damaging spell and it will be fully upgraded from the looks of how Flood of Anger works.

Natty.Dead is a genius....

17727734180_8ef2c95800_k.jpg

Dresden

Shrieker:

Jenny o' the Woods:

Jenny's the hardest fight I've come across so far. Was getting two shot, so it got pretty nerve-wracking towards the end.

GravyButt

Is there ever a chance to lose side quests? Like say leave the first village? Haven't really played past tutorials and wont be able to until maybe tomorrow.

leng jai

I feel like they need to adjust to run speed, reduce the momentum or just get rid of it altogether and just make stick movements a slightly faster walking speed (since we have sprint already).

ya'll gonna laugh but

after giving it a few hours, I actually think the combat is more enjoyable and responsive than Witcher 2 and I actually don't really hate it. Witcher 2 felt cobbled together, this feels somewhat more mechanically consistent so far

Of course the reason may be because combat is the only part of this game where the controls don't feel like they are always trying to get in my way so everything takes longer than it needs to

De_Legend

Banned
ya'll gonna laugh but

after giving it a few hours, I actually think the combat is more enjoyable and responsive than Witcher 2 and I actually don't really hate it. Witcher 2 felt cobbled together, this feels somewhat more mechanically consistent so far

Of course the reason may be because combat is the only part of this game where the controls don't feel like they are always trying to get in my way so everything takes longer than it needs to

Laugh why?

It's a fact that the combat is better than in W2.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The 35-minute preview video showed the werewolf thing pretty well:

There's a silver grenade, like the one used in the "Night to Remember" trailer (where it really did fuck-all to the bruxa except make her partially visible). Since werewolves are particularly vulnerable to silver, the grenade will stop their regeneration for a short time period, allowing you to kill it pretty quickly. While I don't plan on using grenades very much in general gameplay, I'll be keeping at least a couple of these around for this very purpose.
Thanks. I assume nades are an item I'll have to craft?

jediyoshi

Jesus fucking Christ, I ask a question which should be a easy yes or no and I get this bullshit.

If you wanted a yes or no answer, you shouldn't have projected it in the context of your other thoughts. It's almost as if you're surprised people have an opinion on your opinion.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah I don't mind the combat... it's one of the few things you don't really have to fight against. Sure his spinning and twirling around to attack is kind of ridiculous, but it is what it is. At least it works.

As long as you don;t try and use lock-on for multiple enemies.

I'm happy I got this game at a pretty good deal, but man I hate that it's not a steam version :( Seems like whenever I do finally manage to play a PC game, it's not a steam game, so it's adding nothing to my playtime, making it seem like my profile exists where I never play my games lol.

I'm also just curious how long I've played so far, but since I'm only using steam overlay, it's not keeping track.

Saganator

It's been a crash fest since I got out of the starting area (PC). Seems to happen usually during conversations. Hoping the next patch fixes it.

epmode

Geralt's outfits in The Witcher 2 were a bit better than these. Too bad.
I'm happy I got this game at a pretty good deal, but man I hate that it's not a steam version :( Seems like whenever I do finally manage to play a PC game, it's not a steam game, so it's adding nothing to my playtime, making it seem like my profile exists where I never play my games lol.

I'm also just curious how long I've played so far, but since I'm only using steam overlay, it's not keeping track.

The game itself keeps track of playtime. Gotta press one of the shoulder buttons/triggers on some menu screen, I forget where.

I'm honestly kinda surprised to see issues people are having with the PC version, when I hardly have a beefy PC. Running only an i5 processor, 8gb of ram, standard hard drive (no ssd), and a GTX 760, and I haven't had any crashes, or issues with framerate really. I even got it unlocked to 60. Granted I'm using mostly medium settings, but I'm still happy with the visuals.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone having trouble with the Dirty Funds side quest?

I read the note that im supposed to read but it's not in the quest items. It's where all my other items are located. Also, I went to where I was supposed to go and looted everything and nothing happened whatsoever.

On a related note - if I drop the note for this quest, will it simply disappear or will it go on the ground so I can pick it up and add it back to my inventory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is there a consensus on what the best options are if you decide to simulate a Witcher 2 save? I'm assuming you
want to choose that you let everyone live so that they may show up in TW3
?

Pearock

Neo Member
Wow. A very random looking sidequest obtainable in a very random looking town actually led me to ... something quite big.

Really did not expect to see you THERE Letho.

One little side quest is exactly what Ciri did in the books:
pointing out fake basilisk, and the wyvern broke out of the cage
, I love it!

Salsa

what the flying fuck

another freeze

played for 14 hours without any single freeze or crash. now got 2, 10 minutes apart

Gaz_RB

Wow. A very random looking sidequest obtainable in a very random looking town actually led me to ... something quite big.

Really did not expect to see you THERE Letho.
My favorite quest so far. So badass fighting back to back with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom