• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saganator

what the flying fuck

another freeze

played for 14 hours without any single freeze or crash. now got 2, 10 minutes apart

Did it start happening when you left White Orchard? I've had like 3 crashes/freezes in the past hour or so. White Orchard was stable as fuck, I spent a lot of time there and had only 1 crash in like 10 hours of game time.

Salsa

Did it start happening when you left White Orchard? I've had like 3 crashes/freezes in the past hour or so. White Orchard was stable as fuck, I spent a lot of time there and had only 1 crash in like 10 hours of game time.

yes

specifically on the witch's quest when you go lookin
for Ciri.
both inside that cave

TheRed

I actually really like my armor set I got, have had it for a long time now.
17729756848_37f684bf00_o.png

17295031244_837a442747_o.png

Boof

Game is a masterpiece as far as story, atmosphere, and immersion go. The combat is jank city and the frame issues on the PS4 are very noticeable when combating with multiple beasts or humans. That and the crashes is a sour note. Hopefully the upcoming patch addresses these issues.

Lazyslob

Banned
Wow. A very random looking sidequest obtainable in a very random looking town actually led me to ... something quite big.

Really did not expect to see you THERE Letho.

yeah that was great. and they gave him cauliflower ear which i thought was a nice touch

I'm happy I got this game at a pretty good deal, but man I hate that it's not a steam version :( Seems like whenever I do finally manage to play a PC game, it's not a steam game, so it's adding nothing to my playtime, making it seem like my profile exists where I never play my games lol.

I'm also just curious how long I've played so far, but since I'm only using steam overlay, it's not keeping track.
I'm not sure if this is exactly the same on PC but on console if you go to your inventory then press right trigger it shows all sorts of stats such as vitality, etc. On the lower left it displays total play time.

mr.beers

Anyone having trouble with the Dirty Funds side quest?

I read the note that im supposed to read but it's not in the quest items. It's where all my other items are located. Also, I went to where I was supposed to go and looted everything and nothing happened whatsoever.

On a related note - if I drop the note for this quest, will it simply disappear or will it go on the ground so I can pick it up and add it back to my inventory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have the same issue. I have another quest that does the same. Can find the notes.

The long reload times are making me hesitant to do anything more than 1 or 2 levels above me. I seriously counted a 1 minute 20 second load earlier today. Scarier than any of the enemies.

SSD or SSHD users on the PS4- What are your times looking like? Is it a Bloodborne kind of difference?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Only had one unexplained random freeze on the 8 hours I've been playing on PC w/970. So far not too bad. Flux transition causes an instant freeze for some reason fyi.

Skyzard

Banned
It's awesome how the horse will go off to drink some water if he's near a trough.

Btw with noticeboards, you're supposed to take them all off right, even the ones you can't do anything about? I'm guessing that won't have knock-on effects would it? I mean it's pretty deep but surely not that detailed...

TheRed

Anyone know where on the map you fight the werewolf in that "Wild something" side quest. I left when I couldn't figure out how to get him to stop regenerating like crazy so now that I know how I want to go back to fight him but when I track the quest I don't get a location anymore.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
So, what am I doing wrong? I'm about 8-10 hours into the game, and I seriously can't get past anything... even easy is giving me trouble.

Spoilers at the ~8hr mark: "Wandering in the Dark" Quest. Any input is appreciated:

1. So, the golem. I watch a Youtube video after dying 20 times in a row. Okay... use Yrden to slow the monster down. Use that enhancement for your sword by clicking down on the d-pad. Hit, roll, hit roll, hit roll... .... but the golem takes ONE swing, and half my health is gone. Two mistakes (getting caught on a rock, for example), and I'm dead. I bump it down to easy, and defeat him on my second try.

2. I get to Nithral. Again, on normal, I die a solid five times. Like... I'm doing no damage. I use Quen, which helps. But otherwise, seriously, I hit him with the fast attack and after 15 hits, I've barely scratched his health. Yes, I'm using the silver sword. So I try the strong attack as recommended elsewhere... and I get hit mid-swing pretty much every time.I get him on my first try on easy.

3. I'm CONSTANTLY poor. I feel like my armor is weak. I feel like my weapons are weak. But honestly, just by the time I repair what I have, I'm out of gold.I'm looting like crazy. I've gone on 3 or 4 sidequests... nothing crazy, but I'm not completely skipping them.

4. I'm BURNING through food in battle. I'm constantly out of bread and steak and whatnot. I meditate whenever I can... but in battle, I just can't keep my health up. One mistake, and I die... especially tough even in small encounters if there are multiple enemies.

I love the game! I just feel like I'm doing something REALLY wrong. The second game didn't give me near the same amount of trouble. I try to be slow and methodical, and it's just not helping.

TheRed

So can I sleep in inns or what ? I'm on the last difficulty; how do I regenerate health besides the Sun and Stars ability and food ?

Make a swallow potion and then you can make use of all the alcohol you've been picking up. Sadly I've finally ran out of alcohol in 30 hours.

Venom Fox

Banned
Is anybody having any problems accessing velen?

I'm on PS4 and it says "game content not available"
Install 75%

It's been on that for over 2 hours.

Love the game. One thing I don't like: the text around everyone's head prompting you to talk and telling you who they are. How do I make that go away? It's really distracting...it disappears and reappears a lot too.

Have CDPR said anything about what's coming for the season pass? I've no idea where the end is and seen more than enough side quests to keep me busy for hours and hours, but I want more badly. This is the most fun I've had this gen!

Dead

well not really...yet
20 hours in and finished the main quest line in Velen at level 10

The post quest was crazy. Choices in this game are fantastic, and the outcome of those choices...you will never see coming

Salsa

yyyyyyyyyyup, another freeze

this time no specific place. just roaming around on the open world on the second area

holy shit talk about annoying, specially after 15 hours of playing the game with absolutely 0 issues. Now I can't get through a half hour without it freezing

nothing specific, nothing to pinpoint as to why they could be happening

god fucking dammit

What's a good place to get a good silver sword? I still have the starting one and I'm at Velen with these stupid ass mob monsters on Death match. I'd rather avoid drawn out battles.

erawsd

Have CDPR said anything about what's coming for the season pass? I've no idea where the end is and seen more than enough side quests to keep me busy for hours and hours, but I want more badly. This is the most fun I've had this gen!

This is what it says:

Hearts of Stone, with an estimated ten hours of new content, will set Geralt off into the wilds of No Man's Land and the back alleys of the Redanian city of Oxenfurt as he struggles to complete a contract given to him by the mysterious Man of Glass. Blood and Wine will tack on another 20 hours of game-time in the new region of Toussaint, a land untouched by war but hiding "an ancient, bloody secret." Both expansions will add new adventures, equipment, enemies, and "characters both new and dearly missed."

Yeul

It's so jarring hearing Iorveth's voice actor everywhere but I haven't found Iorveth at all. Every time I hear his VA on one of the millions of NPCs he voices I'm like omg it's Iorveth......nope.....just kidding. Same goes for Roche but Roche was easy to locate as he's integral to Temeria I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom