• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into this fun bug today:
f48WS5yh.png

Also does anyone know what this icon means?
CjJvy1M.jpg

When do we get to choose or choices from Witcher 2? I just killed
the griffin
. I selected "stimulate Witcher 2 save" at the beginning.

Also, what is considered the best options from the choices? I'm really nervous about picking the wrong choices, especially since there so much depth in the choices from Witcher 2 :(

When do we get to choose or choices from Witcher 2? I played for four0five hours so far and the game still did not give me the option yet. I selected "stimulate Witcher 2 save" at the beginning.

Also, what is considered the best options from the choices? I'm really nervous about picking the wrong choices, especially since there so much depth in the choices from Witcher 2 :(

When you go to the next area

Toxicity? Take a lot of potions recently?
I've only taken two potions my whole game, do potions do that? Maybe I drank one without realizing somehow.

A single card? If you disable hair works, you can run that at 4k60 right now with a Titan X SLI. If you meant a single card, then yeah, a high end Pascal mid-late next year would be your best bet
Yeah, I'd want to do a single card. I'll probably wait until I can get one for around $600 as well, $1600+ on graphics cards alone is hard to justify. Hopefully I won't have to wait more than two or three years.

It's literally my PS4 copy, just hours ago. All I did was load where I last saved, and it represents my impressions of the visuals in general. That's how the LOD and general foliage often look.

Huh, that's odd. It looks to me like they have the soft circles underneath in a lot of places so perhaps it's the area? Or maybe the foliage density being the lower there makes it more obvious? It's strange though because I'm playing on PS4 too and typically the foliage doesn't look that disconnected from the floor. At least I've never noticed it anyway, I'll be checking as soon as this cut scene is done though!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
2 questions:

1) I've completed the prologue and am roaming the country side still with the Griffen's head hanging from my horse. How long must this thing be here? Shouldn't I have ditched this when I completed the quest?

2) werewolf tips, pls! Doing a side quest to find a hunters missing wife. I'm lvl 4, but the issue is his regen. Fire magic seems to do fuck all, but I can get him to about 40% health before he regens it all back. Do I just keep whittling him down slowly, or is there a better way I should approach this?

BraXzy

How do you actually do finishers in this game?

I've done the odd one but I don't know how it actually happened for sure. Is it just random? Do enemies need to be stunned?

2 questions:

1) I've completed the prologue and am roaming the country side still with the Griffen's head hanging from my horse. How long must this thing be here? Shouldn't I have ditched this when I completed the quest?

2) werewolf tips, pls! Doing a side quest to find a hunters missing wife. I'm lvl 4, but the issue is his regen. Fire magic seems to do fuck all, but I can get him to about 40% health before he regens it all back. Do I just keep whittling him down slowly, or is there a better way I should approach this?

1 - You can swap out your trophies on your equipment screen. They give you bonuses.

2 - You're level might be a little low for that sidequest. You should be able to come back after you level up a couple of times. Also, you can find books later that add a bestiary entry about Werewolves that will tell you their weaknesses.

2 questions:

1. Remove it from inventory screen

2. Keep applying Igni and trying to whittle it down. There is an oil you can make that would help but you likely do not have access to it yet.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I left the prologue area, but still had quests left. Can I go back right after the next section before heading deeper into the game to complete all the prologue quests?

The section after the prologue that I'm referring to is...

The emperor's palace where you go with Yen

I left the prologue area, but still had quests left. Can I go back right after the next section before heading deeper into the game to complete all the prologue quests?

yes.

You can go back, I know of one quest that will expire however if you do not do it before moving the story forward. Do not remember name of quest.

brother is missing on a battlefield

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ah, damn. Think I have a glitched quest. Dirty Funds won't progress after I read the letter and I can't figure out the location rrom the text.

Rizific

are the controls just clunky as fuck in this game or what? ill walk, stop, tilt the stick a different way and he'll just bolt a few yards in that direction. wtf? using a wireless 360 controller on pc. also, is target switching only limited to left and right? im coming off of bloodborne, ds2, and ds1 and target switching is nowhere near as broken as it is in this game. itll switch between two farther targets instead of the one nearest me? so stupid.

Keep Letho alive, he has a badass side-quest

That was my plan, but I'm not sure to
rescue Trish or rescue Sakia(I think that's her name) to remove the spell. I could rescue Sakia, but I remember in Witcher 2 ending saying that it would leave to the biggest Witch hunt if I don't rescue Trish. My plan is to keep everyone alive(including King Hensalt since I think the North would need a strong King for the war), but Prince Stennis.

Jedi2016

The 35-minute preview video showed the werewolf thing pretty well:

There's a silver grenade, like the one used in the "Night to Remember" trailer (where it really did fuck-all to the bruxa except make her partially visible). Since werewolves are particularly vulnerable to silver, the grenade will stop their regeneration for a short time period, allowing you to kill it pretty quickly. While I don't plan on using grenades very much in general gameplay, I'll be keeping at least a couple of these around for this very purpose.

Tigress

Guys anyone knows where is the key to unlock the merchant locked near the Hanged Man's Tree and a Monster Den on No Man's Land???

I need to know this too. It actually bugged on me and had no merchant in the cage. Killed the bandits, went on my way, died, loaded back there with bandits dead but now merchant in the cage and no key to be found (I looted all the bandits).

So inventory for trophies says they can be turned in for a reward, yet I haven't really had any hunting contracts where they collect the trophies. Is there someone that does this somewhere for trophies or is it case by case basis?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So for ppl who have done the main quests in no man's land. I'm on the
family matters
quest and did the first half where you
find his daughter
but the other part for
his wife
just says investigate all leads but I can't seem to find anything. Even turned markers on. Do I need to do the other main quests first? I've done the
sorceress
questline but not the
bog witches/lady of the woods

So for ppl who have done the main quests in no man's land. I'm on the
family matters
quest and did the first half where you
find his daughter
but the other part for
his wife
just says investigate all leads but I can't seem to find anything. Even turned markers on. Do I need to do the other main quests first? I've done the
sorceress
questline but not the
bog witches/lady of the woods

do the witches part yes.

Dynasty8

Oh god death march is hella hard..any tips for a witcher newbie?

Dodge and attack every chance you get. Dodge, attack, dodge, attack, repeat.

Certain enemies have a larger hitbox that makes dodging more difficult. Usually the larger enemies. In those cases, use "A" on Xbox One or "X" on PS4 to roll instead of dodging.

Quen is the most vital Sign. It's a life saver.

Do not go up against more than 3 enemies at a time.

If there is an archer in the enemy group, kill them first.

Use your food/drinks to replenish Health. You get a lot later, so don't worry too much about wasting them.

Explore as much as possible, find as many secrets, places of power, and gear as you can. Especially the beginning area (White Orchid). There are like 7 places of power I think.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

You can go back, I know of one quest that will expire however if you do not do it before moving the story forward. Do not remember name of quest.

brother is missing on a battlefield

Thanks! I also think I competed all the prologue quests that may expire -- I tried to look up some info on it after you mentioned quests can expire and it looks like there are 5 or so quests that can expire in the prologue:

*spoilers for those 5 quests*

The arsonist, the brother and the battlefield, the merchant and his box that he wants you to find, the frying pan lady, and the herbalist wanting you to giver her friend a swallow potion

I know I've done them all, but there was stuff from the contract board that I didn't do yet but have...

Like the wraith and the well quest

Prine

Banned
I'm starting to like the combat, I was flailing around and loped a bandits head off by luck, followed up by a heavy attack on his friend which sliced him in two. Was bloody marvellous. The combat clicked.

I'm still finding the game to be really hard (difficulty is hard BTW) no enemy is easy and I have to do a whole bunch of prep before I enter battles. Im at the beginning just having met Hendrik. All side quest's and main quests require me to be a few levels above what I am ATM (level 4), I'm trying to slice my way up by killing nekkers and bandits but its really slow. Any other way to gain exp? What about clearing out abandoned villages, or discovering locations, any advice on a good way to gain exp?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ran into this fun bug today:
f48WS5yh.png

Also does anyone know what this icon means?
CjJvy1M.jpg
Yeah I tried to get into a boat and then got teleported into the sky, fell several thousand feet and died. Fun >.>

Do the main quests with the sorceress. She'll give you an item that dispells those. Some treasure back there.

So dismembering is fine, just no boobies?

I think it's optional, and you can skip past it real quick

look away

sex sucks huh!

I'm not going to deal with this fucking bullshit tonight GAF. I don't like watching other people fuck because it's awkward for me. Is that to much to understand?

Jesus fucking Christ, I ask a question which should be a easy yes or no and I get this bullshit.

Thank you for the one real answer to my question.

I'm not going to deal with this fucking bullshit tonight GAF. I don't like watching other people fuck because it's awkward for me. Is that to much to understand?

Jesus fucking Christ, I ask a question which should be a easy yes or no and I get this bullshit.

Nah I undestand. It's not so much awkward for me as I feel that it's poorly done...in like pretty every medium (books, TV, movies, games). But The Witcher seems to at least be a little better, and you don't have to do it.

Exuro

Anyone know of any lootable silver swords early on? I'm a few levels away from this one that I can craft(and silver seems to be a bitch to find/craft so I don't want to use mine on the serpentine sword). Have no trouble with humans but I'm not doing nearly as much damage against monsters as I've yet to upgrade/change my silver sword.

Sai

Eh, anybody encounter a glitch that prevents you from using dodge or roll immediately after loading up a save?

Salsa

lol chillout dude

I was jesting

CoolOff

So, the merchant in the first town in White Orchard (one with the cart that gets attacked by the Griffin) managed to die by accident when I fought some Drowners nearby. His marker is still on the map, but his body hasn't moved for... a while... Is he perma-gone?

Nameless

Where do I access haircuts or the new armor??

I just found a Barber in Novigrad. Once you unlock Velen look for the huge city in the North. Only level 4 so I sailed there which is probably the safest(and quickest) course. Worth it alone for the view.

There's an armorer but I haven't been.

Exentryk

Does anyone know how to do the following?

Playing on the PC with a controller, and be able to cast different signs without accessing the radial menu? So map the signs to different buttons (like R2+X = Igni, R2+O = Aard, etc?).

Anyone know how to do that, or if that is even possible to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom