• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribal24

Banned
game just froze on me on the PS4, then stuttered when i loaded it back up. Hopefully the patch resolves these things, and i freaking hope the newer patches doesn't downgrade the visual quality looks amazing.

gossi

If there's a gap between yourself and the main quest then the game us telling you to do side quests. If you don't have any in your level then just ride to every notice board and stock up on quests. You should also run into some on the countryside.

Yeah, if you pick a direction and run on your horse, you will find things to do.

That werwolf fight was bullshit, things hitting you for 500 damage is a little unfair.

I'm level 4 in the second area, is it just me or do you level too slowly? I can't find any EXP to bridge the gap between where I am and where I should be, should I go back to White Orchid? All these quest just want to kick my ass in this area.
I said screw it and just went with the main quest for a bit because the side quests do not give a good amount exp. And Velen has many level 13+ enemies while the player is around level 3-4. On Death March you'll get KO'd in two hits.

Ardenyal

I'm about to rage quit at this Botchling fight. I clearly came in vastly undersupplied/levelled.

Hah! I just turned off the console after half an hour of dying at this fight.

No matter which decision you make the fight will be like taking a rake up the ass. Incredibly frustrating on death march.

Skyzard

Banned
Got that on PC too

Same but usually from a distance and it loads a little later...kinda annoying tbh but what can you do.

Though I've had a missing bench when up=close too once, guy was hover sitting cross-legged.

All the people without trousers is starting to be a bit silly though. Not sure if that's actually a bug ha.

teokrazia

Anyone playing on PC with a gamepad feel like there's a lot of input lag?

Yes, I have the same feeling.
Tried with a Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller [both wired].

Mouse and keyboard feel definitely more responsive and, as usual, camera controlled by mouse >>> camera controller by a stick.
They required me a bit to find the binding of keys more comfortable for me, but I'm not going back.

Laying in bed trying to sleep, when that "gotta. find. more. loot." feeling hits, which turns into an hour plus after midnight going around to undiscovered locations.

What are you doing to me, game?

JJP12

Disagree. The small text is pure shit however

I agree. I literally have to get out of my seat and move closer to my tv whenever I'm doing anything in the menus. Either that or I have to really strain my eyes to read the small text. And there's a lot of text too. I'll keep playing because the game is fun but It'd be great if they patch in an option to increase text size.

justjim89

Gwent is kinda bullshit. If your opponent has better cards than you, there's just no way around it. I've spent the last hour trying to beat the second gwent player you meet, the nilfgaardian noble, and he has like 5 or 6 10 strength cards and a bunch of others that just wreck my shit. I bought all the cards from the first inn, but I just can't stack up. If I get him in the first round, it takes all my cards or just about to do it, and then he automatically wins in case of a tie.

Can you come back and face this guy later? Cause this is infuriating.

Also, what do you actually slot into weapons and armor? I played a lot of TW1 and 2, but between the UI and the revised rules and systems I can barely make heads or tails of crafting and such,.

npa189

Anyone try GOG Galaxy? I think I'm going to download the game that way.

Seems to be okay for me, the client is a bit barebones but unobtrusive. Downloaded it real fast for me, and I guess it has auto patching. I would have preferred steam but it being free and all with my graphics card I can't complain too much.

AzureFlame

Why did they redesign the King of the Wild Hunt :(..

From this
vosc9i.png

To

latest.png

Corpekata

Banned
Gwent is kinda bullshit. If your opponent has better cards than you, there's just no way around it. I've spent the last hour trying to beat the second gwent player you meet, the nilfgaardian noble, and he has like 5 or 6 10 strength cards and a bunch of others that just wreck my shit. I bought all the cards from the first inn, but I just can't stack up. If I get him in the first round, it takes all my cards or just about to do it, and then he automatically wins in case of a tie.

Also, what do you actually slot into weapons and armor? I played a lot of TW1 and 2, but between the UI and the revised rules and systems I can barely make heads or tails of crafting and such,.

You need to make better use of weather cards it sounds like. Foltest's leader ability has one that nukes ranged (middle tier) characters, so if you can get the two that nuke the other two areas and you'll be set. Play weak cards till you see where he's building up, weaken em with weather and focus on other slots. Or bait him into using all his good cards and winning the first round.

The Clear Weather card is great too for when they try the same tactic on you.

You can come back to face him if you want.

- Inventory. Why are we overwhelmed with so much crap so quickly? Which we have no idea when or why will be useful? I have a shitload of alchemy ingredients and have yet to craft more than one potion. I have armor schematics as a level 4 that I can't use until level twenty-something. Where there should have been a gradual introduction to this stuff, instead its, let's just throw all this shit at you and let you figure it out.

. . .

- Just to reiterate, why are we filling our bags with so much shit we barely understand right at the beginning of the game?

This is one of my biggest gripes so far. There's a serious "inventory overload" even super early in the game, and that's never a good thing.

Rather than labeling so many items "crafting components," I'd like to know exactly what I can craft with those items rather than having to constantly go back and forth to the Crafting/Alchemy screens.

Loakum

Banned
My first moment of regret was
taking the arsonist to the blacksmith.They hanged him for it which wasn't really a desired or fair consequence.Taking his bribe seemed bad but this was unexpectedly far worse.

It stung me.

It didn't phase me. He earned his punishment.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just found the last hidden treasure in White Orchard, got the Butcher of Blaviken achievement. There were like 20 wolves guarding that shit.

Has anyone been able to get the stuff underwater near the Nilfgaurd dudes in White Orchard? Every time I try drowners get me as Im coming back up, I stopped trying.

Corpekata

Banned
Just found the last hidden treasure in White Orchard, got the Butcher of Blaviken achievement. There were like 20 wolves guarding that shit.

Has anyone been able to get the stuff underwater near the Nilfgaurd dudes in White Orchard? Every time I try drowners get me as Im coming back up, I stopped trying.

I was, just swam in and out. It was garbage IIRC, though maybe I missed something (the icon went gray though).

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Those that used the Squirrel card set are kind of easy to bait out buffing their archers. It's how I managed to beat the Dwarf and the Madame. Not sure whom the noble is.

Semper88

Uh question, i picked up every quest from the board well at least i got every paper of it but i only seems to give me two quests? Is this normal? Or are some of em just simple notes.

Uh question, i picked up every quest from the board well at least i got every paper of it but i only seems to give me two quests? Is this normal? Or are some of em just simple notes.

Not all of them are quests, they can also be other things. Someone will answer this better than me.

justjim89

You need to make better use of weather cards it sounds like. Foltest's leader ability has one that nukes ranged (middle tier) characters, so if you can get the two that nuke the other two areas and you'll be set. Play weak cards till you see where he's building up, weaken em with weather and focus on other slots. Or bait him into using all his good cards and winning the first round.

The Clear Weather card is great too for when they try the same tactic on you.

You can come back to face him if you want.

Maybe so, yeah. But thus far he's mostly spread out his heavy hitters. Plus legendary cards like Letho aren't seemingly affected by weather. I've tried different strategies, including weather, but I just have trouble matching him in numbers.

Good to hear I can come back and face him later. Gotta build up my deck. I thought with such a small bet amount and only being the second player you meet he'd be easy.

So the only piece of Geralt's original armor/gear that you need to keep is the chest piece and the swords right?

You need to keep the swords? I still have the armor I crafted up to something else with a diagram, but I sold the swords before leaving White Orchard cause I found diagrams to make ones much better.

Skyzard

Banned
Was supposed to defend some people doing something, died doing it, loaded recent save, it went straight into the passed the quest npc dialogue and reward popups. Worked out that time as I couldn't be bothered to repeat that... Tad worrying though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say, how much of an arsehole can you make Geralt be?

Kind of want to play as an arsehole for something new after playing goody-goody in other RPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom