• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpideyPL

Neo Member
Geeez I love this game! For me that's best game of this generation so far.
kfc-sogood-logo200x128.gif.200x128_q85.jpg

What's you prediction to sale: 3mil, 5mil, more?

HeelPower

I'm also seriously considering turning off the question marks on the map.
However, I might miss all of those neat loots and more importantly places of power. I'm so torn.

I wish they never gave us the option or made undiscovered areas invisible on the map.

Really torn right now...I might(will)miss a ton of stuff if I turn it off.So really it could end being even mored OCDish

Jebral

Damnit, does the mere presence of the beard DLC kill your beard growth? I have the shaved sides / ponytail haircut and clean shaved... And it's been days in game and I still have no beard :-/

I thought it was just using a custom beard that stopped it. Or maybe using a non-standard haircut kills beard growth? Ugh.

FML, why me, etc.

OK this started kind of funny, but if I uninstall the DLC it won't load my save, therefore beard growth seems to be lost to me forever.

Not amused.

viveks86

I don't know, I am 14 hours in and still in awe when I see the detailed clothes so close. I mean, the hands are pretty clunky, but that armos is godly.

True. I updated my post to better articulate my thoughts. It's everytime I get control of the camera that I'm blown away. The cutscenes feel less impressive because of how fixed they are. Even the scripted sequences don't really show how beautiful the engine really is. Understandable given the scale, I guess.

Man, comparing Vizima in TW1 with TW3... After the first audience with
Emhyr
you (TW1 spoiler)
walk through the garden where you wake up after the final boss. So good.

Yeah never buy weapons or armor.

Indeed, can't be said enough, you'll end up finding a diagram to craft it or even the equipment itself, check points of interest for loot.

Chariot

True. I updated my post to better articulate my thoughts. The cutscenes feel less impressive because of how fixed they are. Even the scripted sequences don't really show how beautiful the engine really is. Understandable given the scale, I guess.
Ah yes, I see what you mean. The directing in cutscenes is most of the time not existing and switches just between to people standing infront of each other. A bit disappointing, more expressions and activies while talking would've been nice.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Repairing is expensive. Is it normal to blow most of your money on repairing and dismantling?

Does it even make sense to dismantle everything (to then either sell components or use them in alchemy)?

Repairing is expensive. Is it normal to blow most of your money on repairing and dismantling?

Does it even make sense to dismantle everything (to then either sell components or use them in alchemy)?

I've learned pelts sell quite well, so hunting is profitable. Don't dismantle them all - sell a whole bunch, and that should help offset the cash lost through repair bills (which are pretty damn high).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damnit, does the mere presence of the beard DLC kill your beard growth? I have the shaved sides / ponytail haircut and clean shaved... And it's been days in game and I still have no beard :-/

I thought it was just using a custom beard that stopped it. Or maybe using a non-standard haircut kills beard growth? Ugh.

FML, why me, etc.

Yeah, it's a monumentally asinine decision. Just disable beard growth when using a custom beard and re-enable it when a user elects to revert back to a clean-shaven state.

JambiBum

The smith in the baron's hovel had one white shirt for me which you'll need for the chest piece. The rest of the armour/swords don't need starting gear. Finally got all my griffin gear/swords. Took forever to find a journeymen blacksmith.

Funnily enough once I got all of the gear I had found some better stuff during my journey to get the griffin gear. Took me a while to find the journeyman blacksmith too.

I wish they never gave us the option or made undiscovered areas invisible on the map.

Really torn right now...I might(will)miss a ton of stuff if I turn it off.So really it could end being even mored OCDish

Yeah, that would have been the perfect way to do it imo.

I won't be using the mini-map, and I'll be turning off the '?' on the main map too, even if it means I miss stuff. Exploring the world 'organically' means more to me than making sure I don't miss every little POI. I think it defeats the purpose of having a huge open world crafted for you to explore if you just magically know where every single POI is.

I understand some people don't have the time to spend looking for POIs for hours on end, and some people simply might not care to, but I wish devs would put some more thought towards people who don't want everything marked on maps for them, but also don't want to miss important loot and quests. And making parts of the map invisible that the player has yet to explore would be the perfect solution for that.

Greddleok

Ooookay. The game clicked. Last night I heard a loud clicking noise as I butchered a bunch of men and took down a Griffin. I also heard clicking in conversations with the black ones. Shit loads of clicking all around.

It started out feeling like another open world WRPG that I've played 100 of and all feel exactly the same. This is like the others, but it's actually a good one.

Chariot

Oh my, just looked into the Steam Achievements and read "Acquire all gwent cards available in the base version of the game", which means that there will be more coming. Looking forward to it.

TheRed

If anyone's still trying to get saddlebags I never bought any, I did the quest that has you race horses and you get saddlebags from it.

I've taken to burning the beehives off trees/houses to flip the honeycombs back to merchants for a nice little piece of Witcher 3 moneys. Much safer than hunting packs of vicious dogs who don't have a single cooldown programmed into their animation cycle.

#KillBeesForCash

Man, comparing Vizima in TW1 with TW3... After the first audience with
Emhyr
you (TW1 spoiler)
walk through the garden where you wake up after the final boss. So good.

Similar to that I couldn't help but smile when I realised the tutorial was in Kaer Morhen and you see people from W1.

One item at a time - didn't see that there was a repair all option.

For steel swords I always have spares in my inventory, there are a lot lying around.
If I do have to repair a weapon I just sell crap, you can carry a lot of stuff with you which you can then sell.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Funnily enough once I got all of the gear I had found some better stuff during my journey to get the griffin gear. Took me a while to find the journeyman blacksmith too.

Yeah it's not as amazing as I had hoped but it's a lil better than my previous gear and I'm only lvl 10 despite almost 18hrs in plus all my other diagrams are too high lvl. I figure by the time I do all the side quests and head up to novagrad I'll have the lvl/money etc to use the other stuff I have.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

FML, why me, etc.

Odd, my clean-shaven look has already needed to be re-applied twice already (soon to be a third time), and I'm rocking the same haircut as you.

I was kind of hoping there would be an option to disable beard growth, lol.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I've taken to burning the beehives off trees/houses to flip the honeycombs back to merchants for a nice little piece of Witcher 3 moneys. Much safer than hunting packs of vicious dogs who don't have a single cooldown programmed into their animation cycle.

#KillBeesForCash
The herbalist lady in White Orchard buys them for a large sum (there's a note on the tree in town that tells you) which is the easiest way to make a decent amount of money early on.

meep!

Neo Member
Are the larger boss monsters such as Griffon only related to quests? Are there no Griffons (and other large monsters) you randomly can run into aswell? Or perhaps some kind of repeatable contract for it atleast?

Similar to that I couldn't help but smile when I realised the tutorial was in Kaer Morhen and you see people from W1.

Indeed. As someone who read the books it was also nice to get a glimpse of their lifes at that point in time, even if
it's just a dream. At first I thought it was a flashback but Yenenfer wasn't there during Ciri's training, only Triss, which gave it away right from the start.

JaseC

I uninstalled the hairstyle DLC so I could grow my beard again, and...

This would make some sense if I had set a custom beard/hairstyle added by the DLC, but I didn't.

Moff

This would make some sense if I had set a custom beard/hairstyle added by the DLC, but I didn't.

thanks for poiting that out
they should definitely make it an option either ingame or in the menu to let the beard grow or not

aravuus

Yeah, it's a monumentally asinine decision. Just disable beard growth when using a custom beard and re-enable it when a user elects to revert back to a clean-shaven state.

It's not a decision, sounds more like a bug. The DLC shouldn't stop beard growth.

Are the larger boss monsters such as Griffon only related to quests? Are there no Griffons (and other large monsters) you randomly can run into aswell? Or perhaps some kind of repeatable contract for it atleast?

I saw a
Dragon
flying randomly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Up till 3:30am last night and already want to jump back in. I went traveling around killing bandits and reclaiming their camps.

I did ask last night but I don't think anyone knew but I'll ask again. At one of the places where bandits are situated after you take it back an old man lives there. Just one hut situated at a crossroads.

He mentions about monsters roaming the Elven burial grounds near Midcopse. Has anyone found this or know the location on the map? Thought I'd go and check it out.

Jebral

This has me entirely more irritated than it should. Loved the short life of Geralt's dynamic beard.

I was particularly curious to see how Yen would react at the mention of Triss and their love life in general. I enjoyed that dialogue even though Yen should've been more pissed but I guess Geralt has the memory loss excuse. I still expect Yen to give Triss a piece of her mind, don't let me down CDPR.

FML, why me, etc.

I got the ponytail and short beard and it's growing back. I'm gonna try the goatee and see if it grows with the goatee being longer.

It looks so majestic worth hair works too

TheRed

Now I get the super speed Geralt bug every time I play.... I can't play anymore or my immersion is gone going that fast :/
Hopefully reinstalling will finally fix this for me.

KAP151

Absolutely loving it so far.

Atmosphere is about the best ive ever seen in an open world game. Love the whole day/night and weather cycles. Amazing.

Sword play is great and you really have to be on your toes with the harder diff levels.

Few things shit me, but overall - GOTY so far. Can see the love an attention put into it.

JaseC

It's not a decision, sounds more like a bug. The DLC shouldn't stop beard growth.

It's intentional. Someone posted a comment from CDPR about it, I want to say yesterday, and the underlying logic is that the user wouldn't have the DLC installed if they didn't want custom beards/hairstyles so growth is stopped entirely, which isn't exactly sound. As I said a short while ago, beard growth should be enabled/disabled on-the-fly depending on whether or not you're actually using a custom beard.

I almost wish there was a marker for changes in the world after quests. The early one about the griffin attacking the guard was great. Basically, if you give
her a potion, then return later on in the game, you'll hear that she left the hut, taken away by the other guards without a word.

That's fucking neato.

Also fuck the troll that repeats a certain meme. Killed him outta spite for that.

It's intentional. Someone posted a comment from CDPR about it, I want to say yesterday, and the underlying logic is that the user wouldn't have the DLC installed if they didn't want custom beards/hairstyles so growth is stopped entirely, which isn't exactly sound. As I said a short while ago, beard growth should be enabled/disabled on-the-fly depending on whether or not you're actually using a custom beard.

Damn. Doesn't make any sense. What you're saying is the only lgical way of doing t.

TheRed

The what bug now? Sounds hilarious

Exactly how it sounds literally The Flash Witcher which is way too overpowered even for Death March. Was amusing before but now I can't play 5 minutes without it happening so can't get immersed in the world anymore. Happens so much I've recorded like 4 vids of it.

https://youtu.be/1n-KvkyeF3Y

Haven't heard of anyone else getting this here though :/

Jesus, this game. I've been exploring for hours and hours, finding all kinds of incredible stuff, when I happen to walk into a seemingly abandoned village and suddenly step on something that explodes. Turns out the whole place is booby-trapped, and when I follow the trail who should I find but *BIG, AWESOME SPOILER ALERT*
MOTHA FUCKIN' LETHO! I'm off questing with him now and it's the coolest thing! He was just holed up in this abandoned town waiting for bad guys to chase him down when I strolled in, then we leapt out the window and fucking smoked some dudes, and now we're hunting down the guy who sold him out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom