• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
OK, I have a really dumb question.

I initially downloaded the game using GOG and have all of my saves in the following path:
Code:
G:\Users\{user}\Documents\The Witcher 3\gamesaves

However, I'm really missing the steam overlay which I can't get working well in the GOG version so I'd like to switch over to the Steam version of the game...

How do I 'transfer' my GOG saves into a Steam download of the game?

Do I just locate the steam local save directory while the game is running, copy over all of the files from the GOG save location into the Steam save path, and then quit the game and let the Steam cloud sync take care of the rest?

Edit: OK, so...I actually needed to do nothing. The steam version just naturally picked up my GOG saves and synced them to the cloud.

However, the overlay ain't working :\

Loomba

If you guys wanna know a place to upgrade your starting armour, there is a armoursmith in Oxenfurt that does it for you, and it has better stats than that horrible looking blue armour.

Vroadstar

Let's applaud CDP again for giving out the full OST (which is amazing) for free with the standard edition of the game. The digital download version even comes with the FLAC files. They did is as well with the Witcher 2 if I remember correctly.

Well done CDP.

I totally agree with this, I was actually surprised with the amount of cool things included with the standard edition when I opened the case. Hope this practice becomes standard with all games that will be release.

Thanks CDPR!

Humans shouldn't really be able to put up a fight with a Witcher but I guess it's necessary for gameplay purposes. Any human should be dead before even having time to realize the fight started.

Stoze

God damn, I put five points into the light attack skill (+35% damage) and 1 point into the skill that gives you 5% damage on light attacks for each piece of light gear you have on.
Now my light attacks do more damage than my heavy ones.

I thought the skill tree was going to be underwhelming with how weak it is, but I was wrong. I'm only level 4 too.

antonz

Really enjoyed the Baron's quest chain. Nice rollercoaster of feelings about certain characters. Shame all Polygon could take from it was the beginning and not how the character and story evolve across the entire chain.

aravuus

uzQPeNk.jpg

Wow what a bunch of assholes, making the kids sleep on the hard wooden floor. Come on peasants, you have room for a couple of little ones in your beds!

I'm kinda scared about that right now so early game for me is just hoarding animal parts and picking herbs just in case lol

Well, there's no reason not to, really! Ingredients are so incredibly light you could hoard them till the world's end and you'd still probably have room in your inventory.

I'm sure that by this point like 90% of my ingredients are useless though, only needed for potions I already own or equipment that's inferior to what I already have, but I'm too afraid to get rid of any of it. You never know if you're gonna need them later on.

Really enjoyed the Baron's quest chain. Nice rollercoaster of feelings about certain characters. Shame all Polygon could take from it was the beginning and not how the character and story evolve across the entire chain.

It's Polygon.

Looking forward to playing as Ciri, shame they decided to cut the ice skating.
I'm barely going to have time to play in the next few days, fuck this shit.

Chariot

Humans shouldn't really be able to put up a fight with a Witcher but I guess it's necessary for gameplay purposes. Any human should be dead before even having time to realize the fight started.
So far all humans I encountered were relatively weak - which is why most of them come in groups. Also Witcher are made artifically stronger, they're not Superman. Their potions, poison resistance and knowledge make them really dangerous.

Stoze

Wait, someone on reddit said the innkeeper in White Orchard is gone after you move on during the main quest?

Please tell me that's not true, I was going to come back and buy the Gwent cards from her when I had some more cash.

Anung

Un Rama

Poly gon' Polygon.

Chariot

Wait, someone on reddit said the innkeeper in White Orchard is gone after you move on during the main quest?

Please tell me that's not true, I was going to come back and buy the Gwent cards from her when I had some more cash.
She's gone.
You missed one Foltest card (clearing out all weather), but the others were just cheap common cards.

Klyka

Banned
God damn, I put five points into the light attack skill (+35% damage) and 1 point into the skill that gives you 5% damage on light attacks for each piece of light gear you have on.
Now my light attacks do more damage than my heavy ones.

I thought the skill tree was going to be underwhelming with how weak it is, but I was wrong. I'm only level 4 too.

And now you get yourself a red mutagen that increases your attack power and slot it in with up to 3 red skills and you'll get EVEN MORE attack power :D

Did you choose to
Help the tree spirit or kill it?
. I chose to do the former, with dire consequences, making the end of the Baron quest quite sad and bittersweet. Will have to choose the latter on my Death March play through. Curious to know how it would have turned out.

aravuus

So far all humans I encountered were relatively weak - which is why most of them come in groups. Also Witcher are made artifically stronger, they're not Superman. Their potions, poison resistance and knowledge make them really dangerous.

I think it's more about the fact that random deserters and bandits are able to continuously block and counter Geralt's attacks which is kind of ridiculous.

But like Dragon said, it's for gameplay purposes, so I'm fine with it.

Moff

it was a fantastic questline and a great character, yeah. what did polygon say about it? is it in their review?

Klyka

Banned

From the Witcher wiki:

Taken in as children, Witchers-to-be are subjected to intense alchemical processes, consumption of mutagenic compounds and relentless physical and magical training to make them dangerous and highly versatile against their vast array of opponents, many of which possess superhuman speed, strength and/or other deadly powers. These procedures ultimately mean that each fully-trained Witcher is a mutant built specifically to hunt and kill inhuman prey. The key permanent results of mutations shared by all Witchers include:

- Sterility (which partially explains selection from the outsiders, as they cannot breed to pass on their traits);

- Tremendous resistance to disease (which functions in most cases as complete immunity) and a boosted immune system allowing them to consume large quantities of potions that could prove easily deadly if consumed even in small amounts by a normal man.

- Dramatically increased strength, speed, reflexes and endurance, far beyond any normal or well-trained human. A Witcher's physical skills are sufficient to defeat most monsters if combined with extensive training and proper weaponry.

- Having the ability to perform simple yet incredibly versatile combat magic in the form of Signs.

- Accelerated healing that grants quick recovery from injury.

- Incredibly long lifespan (Vesemir is said to be at least a few centuries old)

Sounds pretty superhuman to me XD

True, but in the books when Geralt fights humans he completely destroys them, it's not even a fight.
There's a scene where he fights 3 of the world's most dangerous assassins while chasing someone and they don't even slow him down.
Of course that would make the game too easy but the difference between a human and a Witcher is much bigger than it seems in the games.

I think it's more about the fact that random deserters and bandits are able to continuously block and counter Geralt's attacks which is kind of ridiculous.

But like Dragon said, it's for gameplay purposes, so I'm fine with it.

Exactly, these grunts wouldn't even see him coming, let alone parry his blows.

antonz

Did you choose to
Help the tree spirit or kill it?
. I chose to do the former, with dire consequences, making the end of the Baron quest quite sad and bittersweet. Will have to choose the latter on my Death March play through. Curious to know how it would have turned out.
helped it

it was a fantastic questline and a great character, yeah. what did polygon say about it? is it in their review?
Its in the review when they talk about treatment of women in the game.

Stoze

She's gone.
You missed one Foltest card (clearing out all weather), but the others were just cheap common cards.

Fuck. I wanted to get them all, like Pokemon.

Seriously though, it should have failed the Collect Em' All quest to let me know, because I assume I can't ever get those cards again. That's kind of bullshit.

Does it come with standard version of the digital download? If so, where can I download them?
Steam: They are automatically downloaded, located under
Code:
SteamApps\common\The Witcher 3\SOUNDTRACK
GOG (If it works like W2). Go to gog.com, click account, click Witcher 3, click Soundtrack under extras.
Haven't used GOG galaxy yet.

Zakalwe

Banned
I love how Geralt looks constantly exasperated with almost every person he speaks with. His facial experissions are hilarious.

The scene where he's being shaved and the barber is intently looking at him and he turns to sarcastically retrun the glare. Really funny.

Chariot

True, but in the books when Geralt fights humans he completely destroys them, it's not even a fight.
There's a scene where he fights 3 of the world's most dangerous assassins while chasing someone and they don't even slow him down.
Of course that would make the game too easy but the difference between a human and a Witcher is much bigger than it seems in the games.
I see. I stand corrected then
So the easiest mode would be the closest to the real Witcher experience? xD

Fuck. I wanted to get them all, like Pokemon.

Seriously though, it should have failed the Collect Em' All quest to let me know, because I assume I can't ever get those cards again. That's kind of bullshit.
If it didn't fail, maybe you can still aquire the card somewhere else, as random drop of some merchant.

Where is the bank in novograd I can't seem to find it got a lot of coins to exchange
There is a dwarf at the place where they burn people.

Doikor

Exactly, these grunts wouldn't even see him coming, let alone parry his blows.

Also witcher magic is way too strong while sorceresses (at least the really strong ones like ex lodge members) is way too weak when comparing to the books.

I love how Geralt looks constantly exasperated with almost every person he speaks with. His facial experissions are hilarious.

The scene where he's being shaved and the barber is intently looking at him and he turns to sarcastically retrun the glare. Really funny.

Yeah, facial expressions are awesome, Geralt comunicates so much just with his face. It really gets across his sarcastic personality.

Klyka

Banned
I love how Witchers are basically Jedi.

Super-Human, special swords, magic and mindtricks.

I walk around humming the Skywalker theme all the time.

I see. I stand corrected then
So the easiest mode would be the closest to the real Witcher experience? xD

Witchers undergo mutations to give them super-human speed and reflexes, the ability to see in the dark and other things.
Haven't tried easy but probably, yeah, lol.

Probably a shot in the dark here, does anyone know where I could get my hands of the map and stickers that came with the Physical copy? I bought the digital copy for PC and Collectors edition strategy guide which I assumed came with a map but I turned out to be wrong.

meep!

Neo Member
There are large, dangerous monsters randomly in the wild, yes. I've ran into another Griffon so far above my level I couldn't even see its own. It one hit killed me.

Thats great to hear! I love that kind of stuff in open world games. Not knowing what you will run into and I was afraid all larger bosses were part of quests only. It's the randomness that creates replayability imo.
And thanks for sharing those screenshots, missed those before too. Can't wait to run into things like that!

How does skipping in gwent work? I've had a huge lead and didn't want to suffer playing more cards so I passed and the opponent went and played 3 cards in a row. Without any medic cards either.

Chariot

How does skipping in gwent work? I've had a huge lead and didn't want to suffer playing more cards so I passed and the opponent went and played 3 cards in a row. Without any medic cards either.
You can play cards until you pass, no matter if the enemy did or not. So if you pass your opponent can play as many card as he wants in a row. This can sometimes lead to a game of chicken where the players stack all of their cards in Round 1.

Also witcher magic is way too strong while sorceresses (at least the really strong ones like ex lodge members) is way too weak when comparing to the books.

That's true, but again, gameplay is king. If the signs were too weak they wouldn't be fun to use.
As for the sorceresses, it depends. Sabrina has a tremendous display of power in TW2 but I agree.
I'm curious to see more of TW3 in that regard. Triss isn't very strong as sorceresses go but Yen is extremely powerful, she wasn't in the previous games though.
The intro gave an interesting display of her abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom