• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

It's intentional. Someone posted a comment from CDPR about it, I want to say yesterday, and the underlying logic is that the user wouldn't have the DLC installed if they didn't want custom beards/hairstyles so growth is stopped entirely, which isn't exactly sound. As I said a short while ago, beard growth should be enabled/disabled on-the-fly depending on whether or not you're actually using a custom beard.

Really? Saw the pic a bunch of times and I could swear it said that just shaving your beard should start to make it grow normally again.

Exactly how it sounds literally The Flash Witcher which is way too overpowered even for Death March. Was amusing before but now I can't play 5 minutes without it happening so can't get immersed in the world anymore. Happens so much I've recorded like 4 vids of it.

https://youtu.be/1n-KvkyeF3Y

Haven't heard of anyone else getting this here though :/

Lmfao, that's insane. Terribly unfortunate for you though, don't get me wrong! Hopefully you'll find a fix for it

How are you guys dealing with encumbrance? I wish there was a mod out for it already.....

Have you got saddle bags to increase your weight?

Also dropping items in the game doesn't seem to despawn them, they stay in the same place forever and don't get stolen either. Find a place, like in a major city or village that you might frequent a lot and drop things you want to keep somewhere, if you drop things in one batch they go into a single bag/pouch on the floor. If you drop another batch it does the same (but a new bag/pouch) IIRC.

Lots of people are doing this, things haven't despawned for anyone yet, but nobody knows if it'll always stay like that. I have items I dropped 14+ hours ago into the game and they are still there.

I uninstalled the hairstyle DLC so I could grow my beard again, and...

This would make some sense if I had set a custom beard/hairstyle added by the DLC, but I didn't.

Wait, so just having the DLC installed prevents the growth or if you choose a predefined beard or something in the game from the DLC instead?

viveks86

Last one. I promise!

witcher32015-05-2102-21-19-38.png

pahamrick

It's intentional. Someone posted a comment from CDPR about it, I want to say yesterday, and the underlying logic is that the user wouldn't have the DLC installed if they didn't want custom beards/hairstyles so growth is stopped entirely, which isn't exactly sound. As I said a short while ago, beard growth should be enabled/disabled on-the-fly depending on whether or not you're actually using a custom beard.

That's really weird, because I had the beard DLC installed and the beard was growing fine. In fact, when you select a custom beard style it explicitly states that the beard won't grow with a specific style BUT if you clean shave the beard will once again grow.

Been attacked by lots of wolves, for some reason I couldn't lock off from them, Geralt was still facing them as I was trying to run off from them. It's nowhere as easy as Bloodborne.

Combat is still a bit iffy. Wish it was more easier, bit of a pain as the camera moves around when you're facing more than one enemy. Just overall movement could do with some work. Oh well. Still a great game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are the larger boss monsters such as Griffon only related to quests? Are there no Griffons (and other large monsters) you randomly can run into aswell? Or perhaps some kind of repeatable contract for it atleast?

There are large, dangerous monsters randomly in the wild, yes. I've ran into another Griffon so far above my level I couldn't even see its own. It one hit killed me.

Zomba13

All you people are horrible witchers.

Anyway, if you have a clean shaven Geralt the beard grows back (at least it is doing that for me). I would rather he stay shaved than make me go back every so often. It gets annoying.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Really? Saw the pic a bunch of times and I could swear it said that just shaving your beard should start to make it grow normally again.
That's really weird, because I had the beard DLC installed and the beard was growing fine. In fact, when you select a custom beard style it explicitly states that the beard won't grow with a specific style BUT if you clean shave the beard will once again grow.

Ah, good stuff. Poor wording on CDPR's part, then:

"When you download the free Beard and Hairstyle DLC the growth of the beard will stop because we decided that when players want a predefined look, it would be weird to require from them to reapply it time after time."

Still, loosening the noose vis-a-vis whether or not the hairstyle DLC is required for a save to be compatible would be nice.

Are the larger boss monsters such as Griffon only related to quests? Are there no Griffons (and other large monsters) you randomly can run into aswell? Or perhaps some kind of repeatable contract for it atleast?

All the witcher contracts are like that. So far I've fought a (monster types)
cockatrice
and an
ignus fatuus

valkyre

Guys I am playing on Death March and the is a quest with a certain werewolf that really pisses me off...

he regens so fast! It pretty ridiculous for this quest to be only lvl 7. Is there a way to stop his regen?

Moff

Jesus, this game. I've been exploring for hours and hours, finding all kinds of incredible stuff, when I happen to walk into a seemingly abandoned village and suddenly step on something that explodes. Turns out the whole place is booby-trapped, and when I follow the trail who should I find but *BIG, AWESOME SPOILER ALERT*
MOTHA FUCKIN' LETHO! I'm off questing with him now and it's the coolest thing! He was just holed up in this abandoned town waiting for bad guys to chase him down when I strolled in, then we leapt out the window and fucking smoked some dudes, and now we're hunting down the guy who sold him out!

yeah that was my favourite quest so far, too.

aravuus

Found a
cannibal
eating a
corpse of a dead woman
inside a random house out in the wilderness.

Yup, pretty much the last thing on the list of depressing shit I hadn't seen yet in Witcher. The world is one bleak fucking place... And I love it!

Haha. Thanks! It's 2:30 AM. More tomorrow! Should be getting to Novigrad pretty soon!

:D

Post a complete gallery of them later, I want to use some of them as wallpapers

pahamrick

Ah, good stuff. Poor wording on CDPR's part, then:

Still, loosening the noose vis-a-vis whether or not the hairstyle DLC is required for a save to be compatible would be nice.

Yeah, not even allowing you to force load the save like Skyrim does is sort of annoying.

I'm really lucky, after 6 hours not a single crash or bug to report.

The crashes are just so random. First time, I was crashing left and right so turning to fullscreen seemed to solve it. Played for hours and hours. Then I started crashing again when I stopped and started playing again. Removed the OC on my GPU, still crashed. Put the OC back, turned off my AV and I've been crash free since yesterday morning.

I'm just thankful I don't have that inventory crash, I've never had the game crash when going through my inventory -- it just crashes during cutscenes or in the middle of combat when it does.

Kard8p3

having some trouble with a quest, wild heart.

how the hell do i kill the werewolf? im aware that silver bombs stop its regen..but where the heck do i get them? at this point im gonna way until im a few level shigher to attempt that quest lol

Banzai

how the hell do i kill the werewolf? im aware that silver bombs stop its regen..but where the heck do i get them? at this point im gonna way until im a few level shigher to attempt that quest lol

Im in the same spot. cant find silver bombs anywhere.

You can just stay on the offensive and override it. Poison works nicely too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Best news I've heard yet, that was one of the things I loved about Dragon's Dogma.

EG my earlier post:

See, this is what I love. I can stumble across this level 14 spry motherfucker chomping on a horse corpse while I'm level 9 coming off my own adventure with a fucked up silver sword.

w11ourt.png

w2k3uj8.png

w3oau3a.png

Win an intense battle and score myself some sweet new boots, rune or two, and fancy new saddlebag.

Saphirax

Guys I am playing on Death March and the is a quest with a certain werewolf that really pisses me off...

he regens so fast! It pretty ridiculous for this quest to be only lvl 7. Is there a way to stop his regen?

Once he starts regenerating hp he stops attacking giving you enough time to throw any bombs you may have. For me I threw two bombs, used Igni once and went super offensive mode. Was level 7 too.

Guys, how do you tame those wild horses and if you do, can you keep/sell them after? One got me killed last night with a shot from behind, lost progress in a quest lol.

Maximo

Oh come on crashing during the inventory screen? They gotta patch that shit, really annoying travelling for ages and checking your inventory without saving.

aravuus

JfqT5dP.jpg

Yup, that's definitely a door I could never smash in with Aard. It's locked, gonna need a key.

No idea where I'd even use the key though, the damn thing doesn't have a handle, let alone a keyhole.

Also thank god the game keeps informing me I'm switching between a controller and the keyboard lol

PS4 load times are way too damn long to be playing on hardest difficulty.

I don't find them that bad actually ( maybe because of Bloodborne) I'm still in white orchard, plus I've upgraded my HDD recently to a 1TB 7200rpm , if that's making a difference or not.

Grady

This game is amazing. Such a throwback to some older rpgs. Being able to run into enemies 5 times my level. The ONLY thing missing is a blacked out map that clears itself as you explore. The whole question mark thing detracts from the exploration for me. Though i found a bunch of shit at random as well.

So does anymore have a link to the best way to heal yourself?
Because I have been using lots of food and some meditation but I assume you can make potions for healing but I'm an crazy and can't figure it out :(.

Zakalwe

Banned
JfqT5dP.jpg

Yup, that's definitely a door I could never smash in with Aard. It's locked, gonna need a key.

No idea where I'd even use the key though, the damn thing doesn't have a handle, let alone a keyhole.

Also thank god the game keeps informing me I'm switching between a controller and the keyboard lol

You can remove that message.

See here.

Chariot

This game is amazing. Such a throwback to some older rpgs. Being able to run into enemies 5 times my level. The ONLY thing missing is a blacked out map that clears itself as you explore. The whole question mark thing detracts from the exploration for me. Though i found a bunch of shit at random as well.
You can deactivate having shown undiscovered points of interest. My unidsocered parts of the map are clean, safe for the boat spots and markinga where notification boards are.

Because I have been using lots of food and some meditation but I assume you can make potions for healing but I'm an crazy and can't figure it out :(.
I mean, I guess you could use the swallow potion, but food is easy to come by. Get in the woods and kill some animals.

If I upgrade the Delusion ability for Axii from lvl 1 to 2/3 does it further increase the effectiveness of Axii in dialogue or does it offer the same dialogue choices?

I don't want to dump 2 extra points into it unless it gives me more dialogue choices!

See here.

This didn't work for me, weird.

You're supposed to use the swallow potion for healing. Check if you have the ingredients (if not they're easy to find) and make it asap.

aravuus

Holy shit, I FINALLY found some saltpeter. Made the exploding molotov cocktail sort of bomb and almost managed to kill myself with it lol. This should make the crowds of bandits and deserters waay easier.

12 goddamn hours in, and the very first saltpeter stash I find is inside a hidden basement. Insane.

Swallow potion's the one that heals you, I honestly can't remember WHEN you get the recipe, but it's early on. You should have it.

See here.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that

Prototype

Ya, it's kinda annoying that it always pops up to tell you want input device you are using.

I got pretty annoyed today, the fire starter quest close to the beginning of the game is... I don't know... Broken? That or I'm missing something. Wasted like 40 mins trying to figure out what to do. Found an npc who is probably the person of interest in this quest but can't interact with them at all.

Also, the horse is stupid. Always seems to get stuck on things when I call it over, or flat out cant make it to me, which defeats the purpose of calling it over in the first place. Riding it can also be annoying.

Combat seems... I don't know. Sometimes it feels ok, other times it feels very detached and lifeless. Going into the game I was expecting something like Souls series or Monster Hunter levels of combat depth and control, but thats not nearly the case. It's not terrible, but it's not on the level of those other games either.

I really like Geralts Voice Actor. The story seems interesting so far (just left the first area) and I'm excited to see more lore/story unfold. I might just say fuck it and lower the difficulty and just run through to see the story. Not sure yet.

Edit
Armor repair, crafting, ect I'm still confused about somewhat. The few tutorial boxes don't seem to explain enough. I am finding TONS of items and have no idea if I should keep or sell them or what. Every blacksmith I've been to "isn't high enough level" which has left me scratching my head on why they are even around if they can't really do anything. Feel like I'm overloaded with random trinkets (a smoking pipe? A broken rake?)

Finally, haven't played a game in a long, long time where you have to repair your armor/equipment. Not really enjoying that. Was doing a quest, being a badass and enjoying myself exploring, and I run into this really hard monster, and my sword "breaks" in the middle of combat... Lame imo.

There's that bomb you can make ( forgot that name goose something I think) Anway, once you equip it you press R1 to throw, right? Too scared to try it myself.

Holy shit, I FINALLY found some saltpeter. Made the exploding molotov cocktail sort of bomb and almost managed to kill myself with it lol. This should make the crowds of bandits and deserters waay easier.

12 goddamn hours in, and the very first saltpeter stash I find is inside a hidden basement. Insane.

Ouch, I just got some for completing a quest early on.
On Death's Bed in White Orchid

leng jai

Let's applaud CDP again for giving out the full OST (which is amazing) for free with the standard edition of the game. The digital download version even comes with the FLAC files. They did this as well with the Witcher 2 if I remember correctly.

Well done CDP.

Let's applaud CDP again for giving out the full OST (which is amazing) for free with the standard edition of the game. The digital download version even comes with the FLAC files. They did is as well with the Witcher 2 if I remember correctly.

Well done CDP.

Does it come with standard version of the digital download? If so, where can I download them?

aravuus

There's that bomb you can make ( forgot that name goose something I think) Anway, once you equip it you press R1 to throw, right? Too scared to try it myself.

Yup, R1 to throw. Hold R1 to aim and throw, I believe.

Ouch, I just got some for completing a quest early on.
On Death's Bed in White Orchid

Huh, thought I had finished all side quests in WO. Ah well, all's well that ends well.

Though it was kind of hilarious how the Oxenfurt merchants had insane stuff like grounded up super expensive gems for sale, but no saltpeter at all.

Everyone here better be on #TeamDon'tBow.

When I stand before Tywin Lannister, I bow like lowliest peasants of Velen. I bow until my back hurts so goddamn much I just want to die.

Then again, I haven't really been playing a "canon" Geralt, to say the least lol. I've been killing a lot of humans, turned down a bunch of rewards etc etc

Moff

the bubble (alternative quen sign) is quite a little game changer, it lets you heal if you are hit, it makes palying on hard a lot more comfortable.

did anyone skill the chance to be invulnerable whyle dodging? does it go to 100% and is it as good as it sounds?

and will there ever be finishers for adrenaline like in witcher 2 or is it ever only passive increased damage?

Though it was kind of hilarious how the Oxenfurt merchants had insane stuff like grounded up super expensive gems for sale, but no saltpeter at all.

I'm kinda scared about that right now so early game for me is just hoarding animal parts and picking herbs just in case lol

You can deactivate having shown undiscovered points of interest. My unidsocered parts of the map are clean, safe for the boat spots and markinga where notification boards are.

I mean, I guess you could use the swallow potion, but food is easy to come by. Get in the woods and kill some animals.

Swallow potion's the one that heals you, I honestly can't remember WHEN you get the recipe, but it's early on. You should have it.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that

This didn't work for me, weird.
You're supposed to use the swallow potion for healing. Check if you have the ingredients (if not they're easy to find) and make it asap.

Thanks all, I have seen Swallow in the menu so I'll use that then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom