• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
Looking forward to the Gwent OT.

its+been+84+years.gif

Gwent is awesome. My game has pretty much turned into Gwentventures. "Should I repair my weapons....or buy a bunch of new cards? New cards please!" A good reminder not to get into Magic the Gathering irl.

And yeah gimme that Gwent OT.

Pearock

Neo Member
Regarding the baron's quest

I actually completed the swamp part without trying to get the daughter in Oxenfurt. Now that the Baron knows where his wife is, he set off to the swamp. Should I go fetch Tamara before helping him or did I lock myself off some stuff ? Reading your posts, it sounds like she has a say in the outcome of the quest

I can't seem to find the Moon Dust bomb Recipe... Can someone tell me where it is?

Also the Beast oil but that isn't much important right now. I cannot beat the
Jenny of the wood
without the bomb ;_;, at least not on Death's March.

I think i found the recipe by buying it at Novigrad from a merchant/herbalist (can't remember)

Mikeside

Can someone help me out here? I've barely played the game at all. Had no time. Only lvl 2, but I'm stuck on the Griffin fight. I thought it would be somewhat easy considering it's kind of a tutorial thing. Was I supposed to do a bunch of side quests before doing this? It's absolutely kicking my ass. Taking huge chunks of my health. Even with the potion and food, I'm barely doing damage to it. I feel like I can't get close enough to do damage without taking damage in turn. What am I missing?

Look at the bestiary to see a few hints at taking him on, use the environment to your advantage, keep your quen shield up whenever you can & be careful to roll away from him when he lashes out

Hammer24

Banned
New complaints

Swimming controls are absolutely horrendous. My god. And what's the deal with fucking money in this game. My Geralt is poor as fuck all the time no matter how many quests I do. I guess only Witcher contracts pay out? Also in the heat of it all I forget that dismantling can pretty much clean you out if you're not careful.

Other than that, best western RPG hands down. The writing is just, wow, top fucking notch.

- set camera sensitivity to 0.80 - doesn´t make the swimming controls good, but at least workable
- sell the right stuff to the right merchant (like bee hives to herbalists), black boards give you the hints, to make good money

Sometimes i have 40 secs of loading when i die... sometimes it's less..
I found out it depends on where you die and where the game put you after loading the save.
It's weird since i can have less than 10 secs of loading sometimes and at times it goes into the 40's

PS4 , default HDD, btw

Jesus christ that's long. When I die on PC it's like 5 seconds, and I haven't even got the game installed on an SSD.

That must be infuriating on the higher difficulties :/

Chaos17

Killed the wood spirit, village was saved but the leader guy had to sacrifice his ear to the crones (worth it?). Orphans have disappeared (presumably crones did something to em, who cares they were brats anyway). Gran is kind of in a state of mental shock but is seemingly free from the crones hold. Baron has a epiphany and regrets everything he did and has vowed to stop drinking and be a good husband/father this time. Baron wants to take Gran for treatment to a healer he knows, at first daughter disagrees but then she sees her father may really have changed. She wants to go with Gran/Baron but he commander says no you must return to your duties. After baron disappears with his wife, the person who he left in charge orders soldiers to ransack the village.

I see, it's grey but not dark like the other person "ending".Thanks for sharing :)

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
New complaints

Swimming controls are absolutely horrendous. My god. And what's the deal with fucking money in this game. My Geralt is poor as fuck all the time no matter how many quests I do. I guess only Witcher contracts pay out? Also in the heat of it all I forget that dismantling can pretty much clean you out if you're not careful.

Other than that, best western RPG hands down. The writing is just, wow, top fucking notch.
You only need to craft alchemy recipes one time, there's really no need to hoard ingredients, which is a great change because farming drowners every time I needed a Swallow potion in the last games got pretty old.

Prioritise selling over dismantling and only hunt for specific materials when you need them. I only hold on to valuables or things I expect will be valuable and I've never had a money issue so far. Money is always short, but that's just good balance in my eyes, no one wants a broken Ubisoft economy in this game.

New complaints

Yeah don't dismantle unless you actually need the ingredients for something. Just sell the item back to the correct merchant.

Cathcart

I don't want any details or spoilers at this point, but I'm just wondering if anyone who has read ahead on the cheevos can tell me if a platinum trophy is possible in a single play through on the highest difficulty.

Yibby

You only need to craft alchemy recipes one time, there's really no need to hoard ingredients, which is a great change because farming drowners every time I needed a Swallow potion in the last games got pretty old.

Is that true for every potion and oil you can craft ? So i can stop picking up every flower i find ^^ ?

dedhead54

Somehow my play time jumped up 10 hours out of nowhere. I was at 10 hour and 20-something minutes and I checked within the next hour and it had spiked to 20 hours. Very strange.

Using PS4 suspend/resume had also given me about an extra hour and a half but that was before the massive spike. I don't suspend the game anymore.

Anung

Un Rama
You post such cool armour finds, can you include their names (you can spoiler tag them if you want!). I love fashion in RPG games, lol.

Code:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/t31.0-8/11270335_10153325796052392_778075100602830332_o.jpg[/IMG]

I sold my old armour and can't remember the name :(

Where did you get that?
Where did you get that armour? looks nice
Goddamn it, where do you keep finding these lol.

A mixture of bandit camps, rewards, shops and being lucky while wandering around haha!

Catdaddy

Haven't got to potion crafting yet, glad I saw this...great add.

patapuf

Can someone help me out here? I've barely played the game at all. Had no time. Only lvl 2, but I'm stuck on the Griffin fight. I thought it would be somewhat easy considering it's kind of a tutorial thing. Was I supposed to do a bunch of side quests before doing this? It's absolutely kicking my ass. Taking huge chunks of my health. Even with the potion and food, I'm barely doing damage to it. I feel like I can't get close enough to do damage without taking damage in turn. What am I missing?

You could try and go buy the ingredients for the grapeshot bomb but it's not a requirement.

-repair your gear, drink the thunderbolt potion you get etc.

- aard or the arbalest can shoot him out of the sky
-aard also stuns him on the ground
- quen protects you from hits.
-don't try to get more than 2 hits in at a time, even when he's stunned
-if you have a hard time with dodge, roll. He has a big reach.
-you do critical damage from behind.

owlbeak

So, before reading about needing to keep your Witcher armor, I deconstructed the chest piece...a WHILE ago, like 8 hours (in gameplay) ago.

Has anyone confirmed if you can get a diagram to craft the original Kaer Morhen armor again? Or if you can buy it somewhere?

Prioritise selling over dismantling and only hunt for specific materials when you need them. I only hold on to valuables or things I expect will be valuable and I've never had a money issue so far. Money is always short, but that's just good balance in my eyes, no one wants a broken Ubisoft economy in this game.

Yeah don't dismantle unless you actually need the ingredients for something. Just sell the item back to the correct merchant.

Yea, thanks for the advice. I've been concerned with hoarding over selling so I think its best to just sell st this point.

But yea, i do agree the economy is balanced nicely, but it can be frustrating sometimes... So prices vary according to merchant too? So selling alchemy ingredients to an armorer wouldn't be wise? Guess I haven't been keeping track of that bit but it makes perfect sense.

Anyway, going to try a different approach as suggested.

Raptor

Played a couple of hours, combat is great, once I dashed and chopped a ghoul arm I got in love :D

No stuttering in gameplay to be seen for me, cutscenes however are weird with fr issues and whatnot lol, graphics are pure insanity beautifull as is Yennefer's ass god damn so hot.

Question, what about stamina? is like Souls and if it is where is the bar?

So, before reading about needing to keep your Witcher armor, I deconstructed the chest piece...a WHILE ago, like 8 hours (in gameplay) ago.

Has anyone confirmed if you can get a diagram to craft the original Kaer Morhen armor again? Or if you can buy it somewhere?

I'm wondering this too. As soon as I found better armor, I just dismantled the starting stuff, only to find a recipe that requires it later.

I really wish this game mixed up its music selection more. I'm tired of hearing the same songs over and over.
I was just thinking this {listening to 1 and 2 soundtracks at work}. Kind of disappointed with that, and the soundtrack as a whole, but it's more varied than the game would have you think.

Nameless

I remembered being able to upgrade some of the OG Witcher gear in Witcher 2, but sold most of it anyway. Like the last game there will surely be better alternative out there, and inventory space is as valuable as gold.

SJRB

Gold Member

..why do I need to keep my Witcher armor?

New complaints

My God yes on the swimming controls. Holy shit what is this 1997?

Jayne

This new patch has done wonders for hairworks. Before I would constantly be jumping between 30 and 50 fps with it on. Since patching I haven't dropped below 50. o_O Gtx 970, btw.

Braag

So all these papers and books in my inventory? I can safely sell them after I read them right? Cause it's so annoying seeing them just pile up there.

Also I can't for the life of me beat the
Baron
at Gwent. He has so much better cards I do even though I've bought every card I've seen at a shop. Do I just need to git gud?

owlbeak

..why do I need to keep my Witcher armor?
There are a few different Witcher schools whose diagrams for their armor you can find, but you need the starting armor to upgrade to any of them. So without it, you can't make that armor, and it's apparently quite good.

Grady

I beat it level 2 on deathmarch first shot. Its very easy if you use the signs. Do this
equip shield sign. That does you no damage on first hit. As soon as you get hit use it again. Also use telekentic ability, this will stun the griffin and let you get a couple hits in. Do not attack until tou stun him. Otherwise keep your distance and you will.be fine. Do this until hes dead. Took me about 10-15 minutes of patience to kill him

There are times it does on PS4 as well. The lighting changes so much that it constantly looks different. I love that.

Agreed. I have yet to feel like anyone's SweetFX coloring changes look good though.

It reminds me of trying to sort through ENB profiles for Skyrim and feeling like 99% of them have just awful, awful changes to the color scheme that somehow people think look good.

There are a few different Witcher schools whose diagrams for their armor you can find, but you need the starting armor to upgrade to any of them. So without it, you can't make that armor, and it's apparently quite good.

Ah, good to know! Thanks for the heads up. I got rid of mine but luckily just sold it, didn't dismantle it. I should be able to just re-buy it from the merchants I sold it to I'm hoping.

Aegus

No you don't. I made the Cat school armour without any witcher armour.

It's just when you go for the upgraded versions of the base armour that you need it as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom