• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomba

Question about just after White Orchard
How did Geralt and Yennifer get custody of Ciri if she is the Southern Kings daughter? And if the King knew about her, why did he let her become a witcher?

pahamrick

Massive spoilers for the Return to Crookback Bog: http://abload.de/img/w1bbly1.png

Why does everything I touch turn to shit?

Interesting.

That her mom?

Alternative turn out spoilers

The way it worked for me was that we saved Anna, but her mind was broken so the Baron took her off to see a healer to try and help her, after swearing to his daughter that he'll never drink nor hit her ever again. The daughter wanted to go with them, but the Captain of the Order wouldn't let her due to now being a member of the Order and having duties elsewhere.

EDIT:

Oops, missed that someone already said as such.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, it's a monumentally asinine decision. Just disable beard growth when using a custom beard and re-enable it when a user elects to revert back to a clean-shaven state.

That's exactly how they claim it works. Is this another broken thing then?

KorrZ

I swear I spent 2+ hours last night on just the Family Matters quest...and I'm still not even done, holy shit. I need to go to Oxenfurt now and check in.

I'm loving these quest lines.

Saphirax

So... About Gwent. I'm trying to beat the asshole in the Nilfgaard castle garden, and he's handing my ass to me. His cards are amazing. Do you guys have any tips to keep me from becoming seriously injured playing a children's card game?

Use your weakest cards while letting him use his strongest. You'll lose the first round, but with a little bit of luck you should win the other two.

Phenomena

I'm level 7 and running around the second area. Are the ingredients to make a grapeshot bomb hard to come by at this stage or is it something I've overlooked?

iNvid02

roleplaying as geralt with the dialog choices, and the general prep for monsters with the beastiary/oils/bombs is so much fun.

opted for a fast attack build and am loving the combat, you have to be a slippery bastard and not get greedy but when the opening is there just go to town. feel graceful as fuck dodging and killing.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm level 7 and running around the second area. Are the ingredients to make a grapeshot bomb hard to come by at this stage or is it something I've overlooked?

You should be getting close to making it once in the second area. I think there's enough in the first area but you'd have to scour almost all of the place. Didn't take too long into Velen to craft it for me (around level 4ish and not many quests done).

Phenomena

You should be getting close to making it once in the second area. I think there's enough in the first area but you'd have to scour almost all of the place. Didn't take too long into Velen to craft it for me (around level 4ish and not many quests done).

Thanks, I'll start looking around the area.

Shahadan

according to galaxy I've played 10 hours. I'm still level 2 and have just spoken to the Nilfgaard commander :lol:

I'm never finishing this game

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
For the love of gods.... I still have no bomb recipes

nojWx.gif

Slair

Can I come back to that gwent player in vizima palace? The guy is just stacking my front row with spies so he ends up with loads of fucking cards and when I do have him on the ropes he pulls out a lvl 10 card that is unaffected by the environment. Should i have found more gwent players before this point? I've only played the initial guy in the bar in white orchard.

Edit: shit, it appears my question was answered on this very page. Sounds like the same guy. Fuck that guy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Patch 1.03 is out for PC version!

Alleged patch notes in 3rd message: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/patch_103_changelog

Patch notes:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back

No inventory crash fix :(

Ricker

Damn I dont want to, because the game is awesome so far but man,I might wait to keep going on the PS4 because some of the cutscenes are a choppy mess...small spoiler of the end of the tutorial area...
just after the fight in the tavern,the cutscene when Geralt cuts the guys head off and it goes rolling on the floor,it actually froze for 5 seconds during that part,really taking some of the ooomph out of the whole thing.
...might wait for the console patch,still not up this morning.

For the love of gods.... I still have no bomb recipes

nojWx.gif

Just grab all the notice board things and it should lead you to a treasure hunt or something like that to get some...there's 2 sets of notice boards quests.

I gave up and resolved to come back when I had a deck as stacked as his. The dude literally just has all the special cards.

FUCK. THAT. GUY.

I had him dead to rights last night tied 1-1 on our last round. Dude plays a 10 strength archer as his last card that has a special ability allowing him to pull a card from his discard deck and plays another 10 strength card. I lose 21-2. I gave up until I can get a deck together and destroy him.

Crumbtiny

I need to try more Gwent. Lost the tutorial game and haven't tried again. Any tips?

And that's great to know about the beehives/honeycombs! I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with them.

I just finished prologue, all the question marks and man I love this game. The feeling of exploration and discovery is incredible, some of the best I've experienced in a game. I've read a few of the books and the devs did a wonderful job of making this feel like a real world, with its deep lore and intriguing characters. The combat takes some getting used to, but it feels better now. I'm playing on the 3rd difficulty level and I'm glad enemies aren't a total pushover.

And it's barely begun! Tonight I'll meddle with some of the HUD settings, craft my 2nd viper blade, don my goofy ass, jester looking jacket and leave White Orchard behind. I told my wife last night, this game is exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Guys, the last two nights...I've dreamt of Geralt. Not that kind of dream mind you (he was a patient I was trying to help), but still. That's how deep this game has its hooks in me.

Glad to hear so many others are enjoying it too.

SaberVulcan

Meditate to heal and restock potions, bombs, and oils: Meditation doesn't heal you on higher difficulties, but it is still useful for restocking your crafted potions.

Just curious, since I will end up replaying this on a harder difficulty down the line... do you just need to stock up ona fuckton of food to heal yourself, or is there any sort of rest in an inn mechanic I just didn't notice on Normal?

Ricker

There is stll some stuff I dont understand with the card game...I even ran out of cards for the 3rd set so he won by default...I get that now lol...

Guru-Guru

Banned
Just played about 2 hours so far. I'm really overwhelmed by all the menus, millions of markers on the map, the controls, combat, etc. It probably doesn't help that I don't really play that many open world games either. Enjoying it, but definitely a steep learning curve, at least for me.

Ricker

Just curious, since I will end up replaying this on a harder difficulty down the line... do you just need to stock up ona fuckton of food to heal yourself, or is there any sort of rest in an inn mechanic I just didn't notice on Normal?

No rest at Inn that I saw so far...you just need those alcohest whatever thing,it tells you quickly what was used in the bottom left corner when you meditate.(on normal)

Mikeside

I'm kind of shocked that my 970 doesn't seem to be struggling AT ALL with this on max settings, but then I tend not to notice anything short of a moderate framerate drop so I guess I'm an easy audience.

I wish I wasn't doing anything this weekend so I could enjoy 3 days of witching, but alas.

Serrato

There is stll some stuff I dont understand with the card game...I even ran out of cards for the 3rd set so he won by default...I get that now lol...

That game is more deep than it seem at first. The goal is to win 2 rounds so if you can force your opponent to have no cards left at the last round and you have 1 left, you win.

I want this game to be real.

RoKKeR

There is a skill that slowly regens health when the sun is out. It is a lifesaver. Also eat a lot of food and have Swallow ready to go all the time. I'm on the second hardest level and haven't really had much troubles so long as I'm facing appropriately leveled enemies.

Jayne

Hopefully this new pc patch takes care of a good lot of the menu freezes and crashes. GoG galaxy is taking too long to DL it. D;

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.03 changelog:
Improves stability in gameplay and the UI.
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foiliage popping that can occur after density parameters change
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Postprocess settings extended from Off/On to Off/Normal/High
Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just grab all the notice board things and it should lead you to a treasure hunt or something like that to get some...there's 2 sets of notice boards quests.

I have and I got a chest that need a key... been looking for key... key not found

SaberVulcan

No rest at Inn that I saw so far...you just need those alcohest whatever thing,it tells you quickly what was used in the bottom left corner when you meditate.(on normal)

That I know, it uses that to restock bombs/potions etc. Im on normal, and quite honestly I dont meditate as often as I could... I eat a lot of food to heal. Without Meditate as an option at all, seems I would need to stock up on a LOT of food when I reach town in order to deal with the damage.

Edit:
There is a skill that slowly regens health when the sun is out. It is a lifesaver. Also eat a lot of food and have Swallow ready to go all the time. I'm on the second hardest level and haven't really had much troubles so long as I'm facing appropriately leveled enemies.

Ah gotcha. I saw that, also a potion too... Troll-something. Seemed useful, iirc a pain to craft though, could be wrong.

First crash I encountered on PS4 some weird bug where the ground texture kept going up and then I was under it and it crashed this was like 10/15 hrs of gameplay in

Just played about 2 hours so far. I'm really overwhelmed by all the menus, millions of markers on the map, the controls, combat, etc. It probably doesn't help that I don't really play that many open world games either. Enjoying it, but definitely a steep learning curve, at least for me.
This is a very typical feeling for this type of game. Don't worry, you'll be spending dozens of hours with the game, give it a few more and it will all start to come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom