• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing I haven't like in the Witcher games it's been Geralt's (English) Voice(Actor).

It just sounds too much like a imitation of Hayter's Solid Snake. Kind of wish he had a different one.

I really like Geralt's voice actor. Maybe it's just because I've played three games with him. I couldn't imagine him with any other voice now.

DukeBobby

I swear I've spent half the time stuck in the fucking scenery.

I'm really enjoying the game, but the niggling issues are starting to bother me now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You don't actually the bomb. Upgraded weapon + the potion that increases your damage for like 40 seconds is more than enough to overcoem the werewolf. I think I did that at like level 4 or 5 pretty easily.
Yep you're right. Prepped before hand and took him down. Although I kinda wish I
let him gut Anna's sister now that I saw how it all plays out.

First two DLCs available now: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1040

witcher3_en_1432226586.jpg

TEMERIAN ARMOR SET (available from a merchant in White Orchard)
Reserved for the finest warriors serving the kingdom of Temeria, the Temerian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots, war horse armor and inventory-expanding saddlebags.

BEARD AND HAIRSTYLE SET (available from various barbers in the game world)
Customize Geralt of Rivia to your liking with this amazing set of beards and hairstyles.

how much does it cost in game

The skull disappears once you kill the Griffin.

I loaded the save I had before the kill and it was there and the save I had after the kill and it was gone.

I lost 3 hours of progress to get it, I hope it's worth it.

Anung

Un Rama
I love this game and I've had a blast today just exploring and doing contracts but these little technical niggles and glitches don't half undermine the atmosphere and immersion. For every beautiful vista there is a NPC with her face sliding off. This could give Skyrim a run for its money glitch-wise.

Also horse riding in this is the GTA4 of horse riding.

Ghost23

Where can I find Triss in Novigrad after I go through the first quests with her there? She said she would be staying by the fish market or something but I can't find her.

Liamc723

Has anyone done the "Hey, wanna see my stuff" side quest with the halfling in Novigrad? I think the quest is bugged out. Says I need to use my Witcher senses to find out where the guy left, but there's nothing where the yellow icon is. Anyone know where he is, so I can just find him manually?

I'm having trouble with this too. I looked up this quest on Google and apparently you're supposed to tail him as soon as he runs away. However, I have no idea what we can do now that we've returned later to finish the quest because there's literally nothing there now.

how much does it cost in game

The chest piece and legs are about 230-250, the arm and gloves are 150-180. So pretty much not worth it given how low level they are and how cash strapped you are in the beginning.

I don't know why they do this, at least make them reasonably priced like 50-100 each.

This area I'm going through with Keira Metz fucking sucks. Linear, forced combat bullshit.

I'm really loving this game but this really sucks. It reminds me of other games that forced you to do stuff like this. Closing rifts while fighting waves of enemies is not something I want to do in a game like The Witcher.

Yeah, I just finished that quest. The first one that I didn't like.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Temerian Trousers: 130 gold
Temerian Armor: 207 gold
Temerian boots: 175 gold
Temerian Gauntlets: 96 gold

Temerian Horse Blinders: 165 gold
20 Horse's fear level

Temerian Saddle: 206 gold
25 Stamina

Temerian Saddlebags: 165 gold
30 Maximum inventory weight

Temerian Trousers: 130 gold
Temerian Armor: 207 gold
Temerian boots: 175 gold
Temerian Gauntlets: 96 gold

Temerian Horse Blinders: 165 gold
20 Horse's fear level

Temerian Saddle: 206 gold
25 Stamina

Temerian Saddlebags: 165 gold
30 Maximum inventory weight
That's a hell of a lot for the start of the game. And you can't buy the diagrams of them instead?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, has everyone figured out how they are "building" their personal Geralts? I have a couple of ideas myself...

Anung

Un Rama
Code:
[IMG]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10917256_10153326617397392_2959751300323698120_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10986820_10153326617157392_579973096399672296_o.jpg[/IMG]

On the other hand it can look super damn beautiful.

Need a photomode asap!

SJRB

Gold Member
This area I'm going through with Keira Metz fucking sucks. Linear, forced combat bullshit.

I'm really loving this game but this really sucks. It reminds me of other games that forced you to do stuff like this. Closing rifts while fighting waves of enemies is not something I want to do in a game like The Witcher.

I just finished this one and yeah, it was shit.

It took forever, the area was boring and the combat dreadful. Mini-boss was bad, dungeon boss was terrible.
Him getting back to full health two fucking times
is just awful.

Wow. Game keeps getting better. The environments are really well crafted.
The music is phenominal - I'm so glad I got the soundtrack included.
The missions and encounters are well designed.

The combat is actually not bad once you adjust to the controls (coming off Bloodborne). I've found that you can get by in most fights so far by using the dodge rather than the roll, by careful use of counter and by letting it autolock most of the time instead of pressing R3. Only use R3 when you can easy seperate your target from any packs. And don't get greedy with tougher bad guys.

I've also found Magic the Gwentering to be really fun now I've added a few more cards to my deck.

SJRB

Gold Member
So, has everyone figured out how they are "building" their personal Geralts? I have a couple of ideas myself...

I can't "build" anything, my level 6 Geralt is just wearing the most efficient armor available which basically makes him look like a clown.

Not a fan whatsoever so I'm changing back to Witcher armor and take the stat reduction.

Maximo

It's cool that your face changes when your at high levels of toxicity with potions, get green vein marks over your face.
Also can you turn in unused trophys somewhere?

Have you been to Novigrad yet?
Not yet but it'll be interesting to see. From conversations I've had so far I know
Oxenfurt is a bad place for Mages because of Radavid, and the Eternal Fire is being asshats in Novigrad. But my initial quest given to talk to Triss also makes it sound like she's not hiding. Guess that could change by the time I'm there though.

ctfg23

Just got my copy, waiting for the update to finish. It's really awesome how the physical version came with a bunch of extra stuff.

Jesus this game is so hard to put down. It's always one quest into another into another... 3-4 hours later you're still playing.

I am wrapping up the
Keira arc/romance. I didn't think her storyline would be so engaging. The story mission was great and challenging. The tower quest, while easier, had a good storyline and I don't know how I fell for the pesta but I did. :( Poor Graham. Now for the second journey to the tower.

I've been playing forever and still not even half way through the first real area. This game is gigantic.

Doing the first quest with
Keira Metz
and I'm doing pretty well for myself as a first time Witcher player and on the second hardest difficulty. I made sure to grab all the points of powers in the first starting area so I could invest in some skills.

HOW DO YOU MAKE MONEY IN THIS GAME, IM SO POOR

I hated that damn dungeon with keira so much I was like "later b" at start of magic lamp quest.
heard her shouting after me "where are you going? You were supposed to help me geralt!" Few seconds later quest failed lol. Thankfully she got it herself anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom