• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
1502723_10153326617967392_7148426017182768889_o.jpg
What armor is that? :O

Grady

played for 5 hours and i am still in white orchard. My ocd is going make this game last until winter. I guess it will help me level up and prepare for when the real game starts since i am playing on death march.

The Goat

This area I'm going through with Keira Metz fucking sucks. Linear, forced combat bullshit.

I'm really loving this game but this really sucks. It reminds me of other games that forced you to do stuff like this. Closing rifts while fighting waves of enemies is not something I want to do in a game like The Witcher.

Yeah, I'm not fond of this myself. Not to mention the game doesn't soft-save after encounters, nor does it seem to let you save in certain situations.

is this game super heavy on town/conversation type stuff, or is it more about exploration and combat?

How would you place it against something like dragon age inquisition?

If you import the save with it then yes.

I've it visible in the game, but it gives me the message ~"importing save failed"

Seems to be issue with some non-standard letters in the windows account name.

Can you make a new, temporary windows account for the purposes of transferring the save, then move it back to your main account and delete the temp one?

Annoying oversight to work around, but better that then not being able to import.

How dumb is Geralt that he can't dismantle a water filled jug into an empty jug himself, he needs a blacksmith to do that. Witcher 3 logic.

phaze

Can you make a new, temporary windows account for the purposes of transferring the save, then move it back to your main account and delete the temp one?

Annoying oversight to work around, but better that then not being able to import.

Made another windows account, managed to import the save there. Geralt appeared with the tattoo. Saved the game in the chamber with Yennefer and loaded it up on my original account but the tattoo was gone. ._.

Will have to work on this a bit.

I missed yennefer's crystal too I think

eh fuck it

I started reading about it just after I arrived in Velen. I considered going back. Wouldn't have lost much time at all.

Didn't.

Fuck.

Made another windows account, managed to import the save there. Geralt appeared with a tatto. Saved the game in the chamber with Yennefer and loaded it up on my original account but the tattoo was gone. ._.

Why on earth would the tattoo be gone. Makes no darn sense. Sorry to hear that. :(

SomTervo

This area I'm going through with Keira Metz fucking sucks. Linear, forced combat bullshit.

I'm really loving this game but this really sucks. It reminds me of other games that forced you to do stuff like this. Closing rifts while fighting waves of enemies is not something I want to do in a game like The Witcher.

Funnily enough i didnt think this bit was too bad. Other fights in the game -
the wraiths after the botchling and the super HP regenerating werewolf
- were way worse for me. Those were a bloody slog and almost made me drop the difficulty.

I really, really appreciate that CDPR tried to make an open world game where the combat is engaging but also requires reflexes and attention. However I feel the balancing sometimes very slightly crosses the line into unfair rather than challenging.

I hated that damn dungeon with keira so much I was like "later b" at start of magic lamp quest.
heard her shouting after me "where are you going? You were supposed to help me geralt!" Few seconds later quest failed lol. Thankfully she got it herself anyway!

Haha.

Pity, because the magic lamp one is great and has no combat iirc.

Sorian

Banned
Made another windows account, managed to import the save there. Geralt appeared with the tattoo. Saved the game in the chamber with Yennefer and loaded it up on my original account but the tattoo was gone. ._.

Um, the tattoo might still be there, play past that part until you get out into the tutorial area.

Edit: Takes like 15 minutes at most.

Um, the tattoo might still be there, play past that part until you get out into the tutorial area.

Edit: Takes like 15 minutes at most.

I know what you're thinking but it appears in the tutorial too if you have it. Least it did when I started back on launch day.

CHC

I'm starting to like the combat. As soon as you stop trying to play it all fancy like Arkham series, it becomes really cool. The sidestep mechanic is really good, and kicking an opponent's ass without losing a drop of blood feels great, like you really outmanuevered them to victory.

Afrodium

Banned
Yo, how the fuck do I take down Jenny o' the Woods? I'm at the right level for the quest and can't make a dent. I'm following the bestiary too and I'm even starting the fight at 4:00am so the sun comes out shortly after (I'm not sure if this actually does anything). Maybe I should out some points into Yrden and try again later.

Sorian

Banned
I know what you're thinking but it appears in the tutorial too if you have it. Least it did when I started back on launch day.

I had it when I started the game in the chamber with Yen but it was gone when I walked outside of that room and it re-appeared after the area was done.

Oh hey, I just realized something. In Act 3 of Witcher 2, did you
Save Triss or save Saskia/Anais? Because I saved Triss which prevented the full blown witch hunt.
That might be why they've been mentioned once or twice but haven't run into any of them.

Ohhh that makes a lot of sense.
I didn't save Triss and answered that way with the simulated save.

That's pretty awesome. God I love these games. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Also does anyone know if you can craft armor/weapon repair kits or at least a place where I can buy quite a few of them?

Mindman

Update on the font size issue. Glad to see they are getting right on it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/601345976335491072[/tweet]

RoKKeR

Going out of town for the weekend so my Witcher binge is coming to an end. 16hrs, level 7, and feels like I'm nearing the end of the "Family Matters" quest. Man, this game. It's scale is unbelievable, world engaging, and really opens up once you start to use all the different facets of the game in concert. Feels like I've hardly scratched the surface.

Will have this game on my mind this weekend, can't wait to return!

Yo, how the fuck do I take down Jenny o' the Woods? I'm at the right level for the quest and can't make a dent. I'm following the bestiary too and I'm even starting the fight at 4:00am so the sun comes out shortly after (I'm not sure if this actually does anything). Maybe I should out some points into Yrden and try again later.

I also had problems with it, but figured it out after a few deaths, what I did is:

After doing Yrden to make it visible, stay in the trap and wait till it attack you first, block and then counter strike 2-3 times, then repeat. Do not hit it until it's out of the circle or it will rush at you in it's ghost form and deal some big damage. The illusions are it's way to replenish it's health so move quick and beat them down. Repeat again with the real one until it goes down for good.

Tovarisc

Need some help/tips regarding location Reardon Manor;
I found diary written by Dolores and then later on I found hidden small chest dedicated to her. Chest requires a key, but I have no idea from where to find it. Hints or answers for from where to get key for this?

taoofjord

How much does importing a save matter in Witcher 3? I'm wondering if I should play through Witcher 2 first or just watch/read a recap of the story and jump into the 3rd.

anyone on this?

More exploration and combat than conversation, but the conversation certainly isn't absent. Exploration is sometimes in the wilderness and sometimes in towns. Sometimes you'll go a while without a fight. But conversations don't last for hours, and exhausting dialogue options is usually a pretty fast process.

I also had problems with it, but figured it out after a few deaths, what I did is:

After doing Yrden to make it visible, stay in the trap and wait till it attack you first, block and then counter strike 2-3 times, then repeat. Do not hit it until it's out of the circle or it will rush at you in it's ghost form and deal some big damage. The illusions are it's way to replenish it's health so move quick and beat them down. Repeat again with the real one until it goes down for good.

Good strat. I'm only a level 6, though, I'll hold off until I gained a few more levels before attempting again.

I found diary written by Dolores and then later on I found hidden small chest dedicated to her. Chest requires a key, but I have no idea from where to find it. Hints or answers for from where to get key for this?

Dolores gives you
the key when you get her quest, you get it in the same town where she is on the quest board.

What's the best way to approach Velen? Follow the main story at first, or just start doing stuff in the vicinity of where you're placed. I see the main mission is lvl 5, so I guess you're not supposed to go after it immediately?

abundant

You get the key from accepting a Notice Board quest in the town near the Manor.

ryseing

So, after much searching, I've found the bug that was plaguing me last night.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Going to rebuild the database, see if that helps.

I'm playing through witcher 1 and 2 before jumping into 3. What I love about this game is that I don't have to create a character, I tend to prefer jrpgs because of that. It makes me enjoy the story a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom