• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Yea the movement sucks. It feels like Geralt is on an ice rink.

I would think it would described as the opposite of that. If you're on an ice rink it takes you a long time to get going, and a long time to stop. Geralt is 0-100 real quick, real fucking quick.

Anung

Un Rama
The walking movements are janky but Christ underwater movement is infuriatingly jank. Doing an underwater mission and its awful.

Verger

Banned
If there's one thing I haven't like in the Witcher games it's been Geralt's (English) Voice(Actor).

It just sounds too much like a imitation of Hayter's Solid Snake. Kind of wish he had a different one.

iNvid02

i came across an abandoned tower in velen a while ago but couldnt find a way inside so i left - there is no way inside there right?

I'm deep into Velen.

I just did the
Shrieker
contract and called it a night.

Some game this. So dense, so much to do. I just sunk in a 4 hour session and feel like I've barely done anything.

I also did all the horse racing and it's upgraded my horse quite a bit, including storage space, which is nice.

Jenny O’ The Woods is a pain in the ass goddamn. Granted the recommended level is 10 and I'm still 7, but still. One of her swipes does so much damage. Then she summons her wraiths that suck life out of me and replenish her health too... Ugh. I'm gonna get her.

taybul

I know this was suggested for the console versions but I set the control sensitivity to 0.8 on the PC (using a controller) and the game feels much better somehow.

DJ_XMX

Hi,

I can not seem to post on the forums and I am having a technical issue, I have realised that there are EU disc version differences and will not allow game saves to work with other EU discs. Basically I was given PS4 witcher 3 DVD from my friend while I awaited to purchase my own copy from same store (European and Region 2) (CD number CUSA-01439) and placed many hours playing, after my store told me I could pick up my copy I went and put it in my ps4 but it installed another version of witcher 3 and it couldn't see my saved games I checked the cd and its region 2 but the number on it is (CUSA-01440). Will this be solved by patches? if not will I have to find the exact same CD to play to load my saved games?? this is quite frankly ridiculous as if my friend got his original CD damaged and went to purchase another copy and got the same version as mine then his saves wouldn't also work. Yes I have tried uninstalling and using different ps4 but get the same issue.

Also to note the Version CUSA-01439 hasn't updated to patch 1.02 but only to 1.01 and the CD CUSA-01440 downloads patch 1.02 instantly. So even though its EU I assuming the region is different and locking out saves ... which I find stupid!!

Help... :\

benzy

About 10 hours into the game. Do we have access to a safe house or at least a chest where we can safely drop items?

Also another question that was probably already answered, but I couldn't find it: I downloaded the free DLC for the PS4, where can I have access to it? (the DLC is installed, but the goods aren't in my inventory)

Thanks !!

Kotaku said you can just leave your items in any random place and it won't disappear & should still be there throughout the whole game. Haven't tried it yet though.

LegoArmo

What do you mean? I've played exclusively with kbm so I don't know the controller issues.

Geralt moves at different speeds, depending on how far you move the stick from the centre, but the deadzone's too big, and it's hard to control how fast he walks, I often walk past where I wanted, by mistake.

Doesn't help the game is very finicky about your position when interacting with things.

Exuro

Geralt moves at different speeds, depending on how far you move the stick from the centre, but the deadzone's too big, and it's hard to control how fast he walks, I often walk past where I wanted, by mistake.

Doesn't help the game is very finicky about your position when interacting with things.
Ah. on kbm you have a toggle for running and walking which works really well.

First two DLCs available now: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1040

witcher3_en_1432226586.jpg

TEMERIAN ARMOR SET (available from a merchant in White Orchard)
Reserved for the finest warriors serving the kingdom of Temeria, the Temerian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots, war horse armor and inventory-expanding saddlebags.

BEARD AND HAIRSTYLE SET (available from various barbers in the game world)
Customize Geralt of Rivia to your liking with this amazing set of beards and hairstyles.

Chariot

Kotaku said you can just leave your items in any random place and it won't disappear & should still be there throughout the whole game. Haven't tried it yet though.
I actually killed some wolves in the beginning and came back much later and their flesh was still lying there. At least I assume that's their's. In any case an experiment with something of little worth is worth for sure.

Jenny O’ The Woods is a pain in the ass goddamn. Granted the recommended level is 10 and I'm still 7, but still. One of her swipes does so much damage. Then she summons her wraiths that suck life out of me and replenish her health too... Ugh. I'm gonna get her.

Precisely why I am doing side quests to level up before I even attempt those higher quests. Not worth the headache for me.

Moaradin

I recommend turning the undiscovered location notifications off. It really hurts the sense of discovery IMO and it made it feel like I was playing a Ubisoft game. Just going from icon to icon filling out my checklist.

Auctopus

Just finished a Towerful of Mice. Wow, all that from a secondary quest, really enjoyed the ending.

Keira's great to hang out with but I'm worried I'm ruining the pace of the main story.

Stoze

That shit scares me though. I'd like to plop all my smithing mats down next to a blacksmith/armorer, but who knows if a patch comes a long and fucks it up, and then it's all gone.

Luckily I haven't been overencumbered yet in about 12 hours (make sure to buy saddlebags), where as I was double my weight coming out of the prolouge in the Witcher 2.

Death March isn't so bad ten hours in. Just have to use
abuse
Quen. If you haven't bought the ability that lets you use adrenaline to cast spells do so, completely changes how you play on the higher difficulties as you can be offensive while protecting yourself.

Well, what ending did you get? My ending:
I freed the tree spirit which proceeded to have the nearby town go mad and massacre each other, then saved the children from the Crones. The Crones punished Gran for letting the children get away by turning her into a water hag and cursing her to die. I managed to reverse the water hag curse but she was doomed to death regardless. She died, the daughter cried, the baron got depressed and told me to meet him at his usual spot. Instead I found him hung from a tree.

Yeah, I thought the tree spirit would help me kill the crones since they were trying to kill her, you know fight evil with evil, that didn't work out so well. :p

It was there at launch on PC, maybe just put up for consoles?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I recommend turning the undiscovered location notifications off. It really hurts the sense of discovery IMO and it made it feel like I was playing a Ubisoft game. Just going from icon to icon filling out my checklist.

I went one step further and killed the mini-map. And I'm not likely going back. If you're on a mission and the game needs you to focus on a certain "search/defend" area or something, it'll show on the big map I've been told. As long as that works, mini-map off is pretty awesome.

Yeah, this is my one complaint with the game. I wish the icons only got filled in if you get an in-game hint (something on a notice board, over hear a conversation, read a letter, etc). Having all of them pop up as soon as you read the area's notice board just feelsl ike I synchronised a viewpoint in AC or something.

Jsheldon

Death March isn't so bad ten hours in. Just have to use
abuse
Quen. If you haven't bough the ability that lets you use adrenaline to cast spells do so, completely changes how you play on the higher difficulties as you can be offensive while protecting yourself.

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips. I'm struggling in normal at times (anything that triples my level always kills me And maybe rightfully so).

I try to dive in the water about 5 times, and all geralt does is dolphin rolls lol.

Swimming is definitely an afterthought for the devs.

Swimming is fine, they just do a poor job of explaining it in game.

To swim Xbox Controls(X is dive and B is surface) What I think the devs mean for you to do is to swim by just holding the left stick forward and then use the right stick to "aim" yourself. If you hold either X or B in conjuction with aiming yourself, you'll dive or surface respectively. It actually works rather well, but they just don't tell you shit about it really. I'd say those that have completely sworn of swimming should reconsider. Just remember your using the camera to dictate which direction you swim, above and below water. Trying to only use the left thumbstick results in you doing dolphin spins.

Dahbomb

The game isn't running at all?
It gets stuck after the opening cutscene right after you select New Game/Tutorial/Witcher 2 save at a loading screen with tips. I have tried every combination (No tutorial, no Witcher 2 save) including trying it patched and unpatched after uninstalling and reinstalling.

benjammin

I'm wondering whether I should claim or cancel the pre-order, as I've heard some pretty negative points about the controls, particularly compared to Bloodborne. Will it be to my taste, when I loved BB and DA:I, but don't generally play action RPGs like this? If only there were playable demos available for all games. =/

I say go for it. There's a ton to do in the game, the story is incredible so far, and it's a lot of fun. The controls are admittedly bad, but you can turn down the sensitivity to lessen that a bit. The underlying combat is similar to bloodborne, but the learning curve for the loose controls will take some getting used to.

Sanctuary

So many bugs in this game. The most recent is where a needed item doesn't drop, no matter what.

In the Velen Bandit camp, I killed all of them and the key I needed dropped. But instead of letting the vendor out of the cage right away I went around looting everything. The game hard froze my PC, so I ended up having to redo that fight TEN times, and the key never dropped again. So I'll never be able to release the guy from the cage thanks to this shit.

Had an issue with an earlier quest too, where I already looted an item prior to reading a note that tells me to loot that item, so it never finished, and is stuck in my journal forever.

Jsheldon

So how do I access those free DLCs?

The game isn't running at all?

I'm wondering the same thing on the XBone. How the heck do I access the DLC? Can't find it when looking at the game under "my games", nor is it built right into the game start screen options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom