• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrodium

Banned
I also had problems with it, but figured it out after a few deaths, what I did is:

After doing Yrden to make it visible, stay in the trap and wait till it attack you first, block and then counter strike 2-3 times, then repeat. Do not hit it until it's out of the circle or it will rush at you in it's ghost form and deal some big damage. The illusions are it's way to replenish it's health so move quick and beat them down. Repeat again with the real one until it goes down for good.

This seems to be working. Thanks. Still haven't beaten her but the fight seems much more doable now.

Pearock

Neo Member
Need some help/tips regarding location Reardon Manor;
I found diary written by Dolores and then later on I found hidden small chest dedicated to her. Chest requires a key, but I have no idea from where to find it. Hints or answers for from where to get key for this?

Maybe we aren't talking about thé same chest although I doubt there is multiple locked chest in thé area, but she gives you a chest key as payment, at the beginning of her quest. She is in a small town, upper left of the manor on the map.

Edit : beaten at answering

Sephon

So I'm curious if this game is right up my alley, or if it's just an amazing game overall.
I've been sitting for like three days just gawking at story and graphics, and it doesn't let up either.
I love mass effect to death, but I'd say this game beats it with the overall quality.

This weekend will be the best I've had since I was a kid.
</squirt>

Raptor

My daily work routine.

8YIbmTY.png

That boss of yours have no face at all god damn!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This game is everything I ever wanted in an open world RPG. There has never been one with such a fully-realized world before and so many decisions to be made. Loot is actually important and combat remains challenging, without level scaling. The characters drive this game to the fullest.

And the Triss/Yennifer stuff....wow. Don't want to spoil anything, but man I'm still wondering if I made the right choice.

This is easily, easily a 10/10 game. Besides some very minor technical issues, it's bloody perfect.

misho8723

Banned
Has someone this same problem ? My ground is flickering like crazy:
npwb.png

It's because I don't have the newest drivers? I heard that there are many problems with them, so I didn't downloaded them so far... so is this true or should I downloaded them and used them ?

SRTtoZ

My journey begins today. Right now I'm downloading TW1 and I'm gonna plow through that for the story sake and then go onto TW2. Hopefully I can get through these in the next few days and begin TW3 on PS4. I've beat these games a long time ago but I want to experience the story again and all of the decisions leading into TW3. Can't wait to join you guys.

Tovarisc

Dolores gives you
the key when you get her quest, you get it in the same town where she is on the quest board.

You get the key from accepting a Notice Board quest in the town near the Manor.

Maybe we aren't talking about thé same chest although I doubt there is multiple locked chest in thé area, but she gives you a chest key as payment, at the beginning of her quest. She is in a small town, upper left of the manor on the map.

Edit : beaten at answering

Thanks you all.

putarorex

I'm really enjoying the game and haven't had any crashes on the PS4, even with Gwent. I have seen a few bugs and I'm alternating save files frequently to ensure I am not stuck with something bad.

One bug I think is the weather icon will show rain or snow, but there are no signs of that in game. I'll see dark clouds and the affects of wind and NPC sometimes appear to have wet faces but no rain or snow from the sky. Anyone else seen this?

I need to know aswell

Also is there a place you can store items? I'm almost full

No sadly I don't think so. I assumed you could store items in the saddle bags and that's why I bought one so early in the game, I wanted to keep the original armor that I had upgraded, but it ends up it only improves the capacity you can carry on yourself.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think I'm about to finish the game up, but I thought we would get to play as
Ciri in more than just a few flashback scenes.
Is that not the case?

RedAssedApe

Banned
No sadly I don't think so. I assumed you could store items in the saddle bags and that's why I bought one so early in the game, I wanted to keep the original armor that I had upgraded, but it ends up it only improves the capacity you can carry on yourself.

well thats annoying. i don't understand why these are added as items in your inventory in the first place. there should be a compendium that these books get added to for easy access. right now you have to look for it and try and read that tiny ass text

Damn, that seems obvious. Who wants a barber out in the middle of a plague-infested swamp, lol

reminds me of that comment about lice
when geralt's beard is getting shaved for his meeting with the emperor

senahorse

Well, what ending did you get? My ending:
I freed the tree spirit which proceeded to have the nearby town go mad and massacre each other, then saved the children from the Crones. The Crones punished Gran for letting the children get away by turning her into a water hag and cursing her to die. I managed to reverse the water hag curse but she was doomed to death regardless. She died, the daughter cried, the baron got depressed and told me to meet him at his usual spot. Instead I found him hung from a tree.

Wow, I nearly rolled back my save to change the first thing you did in that quest
I killed the tree
, but decided against it (my decision is my decision), now I don't regret it :O

well thats annoying. i don't understand why these are added as items in your inventory in the first place. there should be a compendium that these books get added to for easy access. right now you have to look for it and try and read that tiny ass text
In my opinion the saddle bags should have worked the same as the inventory system, but appart from the one on yourself. Meaning there would be a maximum capacity on them too and you would have to go to your horse to use it. Would have worked perfectly.

Just completed an absolutely hilarious side quest. I got it from a merchant in Novigrad. There was
a mage who was seeing the future via diving using aged cheeses and he had an entire dungeon full of horrible cheeses that Geralt had to hold his breath from. Eventually found a sword that was pretty good and Geralt named it The Emmentaler.
This game is pretty amazing and occasionally really silly.

valkyre

Excuse since this will have been answered already, but has the newest pc patch improve the stutter issue at all?

Also do we know if the console patches are up for certification from sony / MS or not yet?

Stiler

So, when I started this game I didn't realize that the infamous "tattoo" from the Witcher 2 DOES carry over to the Witcher 3 but ONLY if you import a save (I though since it asked to simulate that it would be an option or something to choose when that stuff came up).

So I'm 10 hours into the game now and don't really want to start over just for that but I would like to be able to have it.

Has anyone found any way possible to give Geralt the neck tattoo manually somehow?

statham

game gets better and better. and roofles
two rabbits doing it in the background on a cutscene

and the crossbow is weak, and aiming is bad, I doubt I'll put any more points into it.

by how much does difficulty levels slash xp you earn? i almost gave up yesterday and select the normal difficulty but i realized i was playing on Deathmarch difficulty all along.

no wonder im getting like 1xp per monster killed and im killing monsters/humans 4-6 levels higher than me. im barely level 4 thanks to the xp from main quests because grinding with monsters/humans/animals or sidequest isnt working for shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom