• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks

My first Witcher game I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm still level 2, defeated that thing in the well by button smashing.
I read the weaknesses but forgot how to active them, same how to parry so I just button smashed, barely made it out alive.
Also always mediate when I need to regen health, have to read up how to do those things properly lol.

But the atmosphere is great, love the witcher vision, kinda feels like batman.
All in all I think this is going to be a great game.

You could always give it a try. Most parts of the world were fine, but most of the bigger encounters and boss fights were just really frustrating.
I did the side quest in White Orchad (but without choosing skills) and the
Griffin
fight was over in literally less than a minute.
Maybe my equipment/levels was too high at that point.

I had to reload multiple times due to selling or buying the wrong thing accidentally. I can't tell if buyback is the same price as you sell, I don't think so?

Tenebrous

I take back what I said about the side content lacking in depth. I'm searching for
Dandelion after reuniting with Zoltan - What, no arm wrestling?
Anyway, I'm about an hour into this little chain, and I'm glad I found it.

So many bugs in this game. The most recent is where a needed item doesn't drop, no matter what.

In the Velen Bandit camp, I killed all of them and the key I needed dropped. But instead of letting the vendor out of the cage right away I went around looting everything. The game hard froze my PC, so I ended up having to redo that fight TEN times, and the key never dropped again. So I'll never be able to release the guy from the cage thanks to this shit.

Had an issue with an earlier quest too, where I already looted an item prior to reading a note that tells me to loot that item, so it never finished, and is stuck in my journal forever.

I have that bug, though the key did drop, it's in my quest items, but it won't work.

Oynox

I have got some questions as well.

1. Are brown items (relics) unique? Should I keep them, or sell them? My inventory is quite full of them...

2. Are there any items you can craft with your starting gear? Except for the torso armor? I still have my starting gear, because I fear there might be a witcher gear recipe.

Cheers!

Sid

It gets stuck after the opening cutscene right after you select New Game/Tutorial/Witcher 2 save at a loading screen with tips. I have tried every combination (No tutorial, no Witcher 2 save) including trying it patched and unpatched after uninstalling and reinstalling.
IDK if you can do this but try to force the PS4's display res to 720p and then give it a shot.Oh yeah,also try the game without connecting to your WiFi

frontovik

Banned
In regards to accessing the DLC:

Temerian Armour can only
be bought from the merchant you save from the Gryphon in White Orchard. He'll be standing by the entrance to the nearest village.

A shave and a haircut can
only be offered by barbers in Oxenfurt and Novigrad.

Stoze

I had to reload multiple times due to selling or buying the wrong thing accidentally. I can't tell if buyback is the same price as you sell, I don't think so?

It's not, buyback is way, way more expensive. I'm not sure why the hell they didn't fix that, pretty sure that was a common complaint in the previous games.

Luckily if you're on PC you can probably get a mod in the near feature to fix it.

JeffG

I'm wondering the same thing on the XBone. How the heck do I access the DLC? Can't find it when looking at the game under "my games", nor is it built right into the game start screen options.

Go to the Store and look up the Add on's for the Witcher

Swimming is fine, they just do a poor job of explaining it in game.

To swim Xbox Controls(X is dive and B is surface) What I think the devs mean for you to do is to swim by just holding the left stick forward and then use the right stick to "aim" yourself. If you hold either X or B in conjuction with aiming yourself, you'll dive or surface respectively. It actually works rather well, but they just don't tell you shit about it really. I'd say those that have completely sworn of swimming should reconsider. Just remember your using the camera to dictate which direction you swim, above and below water. Trying to only use the left thumbstick results in you doing dolphin spins.

Nope. Hold the dive button ONLY. Does either a dolphin flip or just has his legs floating and not diving, like one of those water ballerinas.

Hold the surface button ONLY, waddles underwater doing nothing. Need to jam it several times before it moves. Get hit by a drowner, start to waddle again.

Try to surface near the boat, end up surfacing from under the boat and get stuck in the boat. Drowner continues to murder you until you die.

I have Major Nelson as a friend on xbox live and the guy has been playing Witcher 3 pretty much non stop since it came out lol. I guess he likes it.

Also my mom came by and saw me playing the game and she said it looked beautiful. This is the first time my mom has ever made any sort of comment about a video game ever.

BFIB

I have Major Nelson as a friend on xbox live and the guy has been playing Witcher 3 pretty much non stop since it came out lol. I guess he likes it.

Also my mom came by and saw me playing the game and she said it looked beautiful. This is the first time my mom has ever made any sort of comment about a video game ever.

My wife said the same last night. She's not a gamer at all, but she was really impressed with how the game looked.

McBryBry

Question for book readers; are they available in the same size? I was at Books a Million yesterday and impulse bought Time of Contempt (book 2). They had Blood of Elves (book 1) but it was considerably smsmaller. After doing some research, it seems the small one (priced at 8 bucks instead of 15) is the only one available. Anyone know anything else on this??

Home

Anyone notice any controller issues with the latest pc patch? I was playing fine this morning but after the patch it doesn't seem to register some button presses.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I feel this game is glitchier and buggier than Dragon Age: Inquisition...and that game was torn to shreds for that--at least on this forum.

Strangely, I'm not enjoying this nearly as much as I did Witcher 2. Perhaps it picks up? I'm only a few hours in.

How does meditating replenish potions and stuff exactly ? Does Geralt use only one unit of alcohol to replenish everything, or does he use one unit of alcohol for one unit of potions or bombs ?

Daffy Duck

If there's one thing I haven't like in the Witcher games it's been Geralt's (English) Voice(Actor).

It just sounds too much like a imitation of Hayter's Solid Snake. Kind of wish he had a different one.

YES!

I've heard this on the UK ads for the game (never heard it before that, even in W2) but now it's all I hear!!!

This area I'm going through with Keira Metz fucking sucks. Linear, forced combat bullshit.

I'm really loving this game but this really sucks. It reminds me of other games that forced you to do stuff like this. Closing rifts while fighting waves of enemies is not something I want to do in a game like The Witcher.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh hey, I just realized something. In Act 3 of Witcher 2, did you
Save Triss or save Saskia/Anais? Because I saved Triss which prevented the full blown witch hunt.
That might be why they've been mentioned once or twice but haven't run into any of them.

Oh damn...Witcher 2 spoilers

I actually forgot about that when I was picking my choices. All I remembered was the Letho saves Triss anyway so it wasn't a big deal and that saving Saskia sounded like the right choice. Wonder if I should reload my save or live with the consequences lol.

Gaz_RB

This area I'm going through with Keira Metz fucking sucks. Linear, forced combat bullshit.

I'm really loving this game but this really sucks. It reminds me of other games that forced you to do stuff like this. Closing rifts while fighting waves of enemies is not something I want to do in a game like The Witcher.

That was a fun level, I thought. Really let you bond with Keira.

Salsa

dad came to visit. showed him barely footage of riding roach around, size of the world map; now suddenly he wants to play videogames

MattyG

Banned
Wait, you could find Yennefer's crystal crow skull piece on the ground when you first start the game? Goddamnit I missed that :(
Like you could pick it up as a collectible or something? If I've already gone fairly far from the start, can I go back and get it?

Ah, looks like I can. Hopefully I can remember how to get back there.

Dominator

Wait, you could find Yennefer's crystal crow skull piece on the ground when you first start the game? Goddamnit I missed that :(
I missed it, then when I got to the town I saw someone mention it was there so it took me about 20 minutes to backtrack but I found it. White Orchard isn't that big so its probably still there.

Newman96

Oh hey, I just realized something. In Act 3 of Witcher 2, did you
Save Triss or save Saskia/Anais? Because I saved Triss which prevented the full blown witch hunt.
That might be why they've been mentioned once or twice but haven't run into any of them.

Have you been to Novigrad yet?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If you've left White Orchard I'm pretty sure the crystal raven skull is gone.

Frillen

Has anyone done the "Hey, wanna see my stuff" side quest with the halfling in Novigrad? I think the quest is bugged out. Says I need to use my Witcher senses to find out where the guy left, but there's nothing where the yellow icon is. Anyone know where he is, so I can just find him manually?

My first Witcher game I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm still level 2, defeated that thing in the well by button smashing.
I read the weaknesses but forgot how to active them, same how to parry so I just button smashed, barely made it out alive.
Also always mediate when I need to regen health, have to read up how to do those things properly lol.

But the atmosphere is great, love the witcher vision, kinda feels like batman.
All in all I think this is going to be a great game.

Lol. Exactly the same here. Don't know what I'm doing and can't follow the story. Menu seems like a maze. Very overwhelming and I feel I'm missing out on a lot of things...but then again ,I really love the atmosphere. Enjoying myself although I hardly scratch the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom