• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Is there a recommended way to approach when to pause from doing main quests and instead do all the little side quests etc? Just arrived in Midcopse, having ridden past lots of other small towns etc and random yellow quest exclamation marks on the way here...

Is it best to ignore these distractions and notice boards etc along the way for now... or should I be stopping at them all and doing them there and then?

Bit overwhelmed.
Do what you want.

Skyzard

Banned
I dunno about quests expiring and whatever, but yeah there's a lot, do what you want.

Although probably best to stick to quests that are level appropriate.

You can take down monsters double your level but you'll need to be on point with positioning and dodging for the quick punishes (not just rolling away). Best thing is when you're going to be taken down with one more hit and you decide to go for it and nail all the dodges. Feels really satisfying.

Chariot

Even on Death March she hits like a tank and her dodge move is money.
I don't know if it was designed that way, but her dash made
the escape from the cronies laughably easy. I just dashed ad infinitum to the marked point. The monsters and relics didn't even had a chance.
Awesome, I'll be grabbing every recipe I come across.
In the screenshot it was sold by some merchant... I think it was in a big city. So always take a closer look at them too.

Xyber

Is there a recommended way to approach when to pause from doing main quests and instead do all the little side quests etc? Just arrived in Midcopse, having ridden past lots of other small towns etc and random yellow quest exclamation marks on the way here...

Is it best to ignore these distractions and notice boards etc along the way for now... or should I be stopping at them all and doing them there and then?

Bit overwhelmed.

Just mix them in whenever you need to go somewhere far away instead of just going straight to the next destination by horse or fast traveling.

Most of the quests are well done and you will get a bunch of loot/money at the same time.

That's the outcome I got. The way those quests intertwine and resolve together is pretty amazing.

You're in for a treat. I'm pretty sure I'm near the end and that pattern repeated so thoroughly I didn't even notice when I'd switched over to another quest until I'd beaten it almost every time I was doing a quest.

It's one massive loom of character stories, oppression and mythical beasts/spirits and it is sublime!

How is the difficulty and saving? I'm getting frustrated with 2; I'll complete a thing or two and then randomly run into a few Nekker and I'm dead. Left to repeat it all over again.

If you're playing on PC, F5 is quicksave. Use it often. The difficulty can be pretty challenging if you like it, but the game autosaves frequently, and between that and quicksave I rarely have to repeat much.

This might be a dumb question, but I am interested in this game.

If I liked Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but hated Dragon Age Inquisition

will I like this game?

I've never played a witcher game before..

JTripper

Am I the only one who thinks the combat is really difficult? I find myself avoiding combat situations because I'm never confident enough and I'm horrible at telegraphing enemy attacks for counters. I just end up dodge rolling everywhere and trying to attack afterwards but it hardly works well.

Chariot

This might be a dumb question, but I am interested in this game.

If I liked Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but hated Dragon Age Inquisition

will I like this game?

I've never played a witcher game before..
I'd say yes. Although just calluing the games name isn't enough. Tell us about aspects of the games, maybe then we can give you are more definitve yes or a less definitve yes. The answer will always be yes though, because Witcher 3 is a great game.

Alright, will do. Is there any way to get a safe house or chest or something to store things in or does it come at a later point in the game?
No, people are mourning the loss of such as far as I read in this thread.
quests cap out at 50, Geralt can level to 60
I see.
Thank you!

I'd say yes. Although just calluing the games name isn't enough. Tell us about aspects of the games, maybe then we can give you are more definitve yes or a less definitve yes. The answer will always be yes though, because Witcher 3 is a great game.

No, people are mourning the loss of such as far as I read in this thread.I see.
Thank you!

I don't understand the stupid decision not to put a box in the game. I mean ffs they put one in the witcher 2 we. I don't want to sell my books.

Is there a journeyman+ Blacksmith easily accessible in second area?

The dwarf in
the bloody barons keep is pretty good.

Lingitiz

How do I increase my carrying capacity?

If you're on PC...better solution.

A friend made a version-independent weight mod if anyone's interested. You just drag and drop the contents of the zip file to your bin\x64 folder and it makes all the items weigh a value of 0.01. It should work on future updates of the game unless some significant changes are made to how the game calculates item weight.

Release: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/releases/latest

Source code: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/

Weight limits suck.

DrSlek

Been playing for 20+ and I didn't even realize there was a weight limit

Been playing for about the same time. getting better saddlebags helps a lot. However I've only come close to the weight limit once, when I was collecting a shitload of swords from multiple deserter camps.

i completed everything there is in white orchard how much do i have left ?

Velen/Novigrad is about 4-6 times the size of White Orchard. Mind bogglingly huge.

I need this in my life:

Anyone know where i can find it?
the_witcher_3_wild_huntbear_armour.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom