• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding bombs is Northern Wind the best one (freezes enemies)? I'm trying to figure out which bombs to care about having on me at any given time. I might look into Northern Wind and the one that creates gas to be ignited

Chariot

Somebody got a tip for a fight against a Fiend. I encountered on unexpectedly in
Return to Crookback Bog
and have no informations about his kind- He takes very little damage and I am not quite sure how to make my life easier.

Maximo

God dam so cool was ridding into a town to fistfight some guy for a quest and end up taking to this random women who wants me to kill a Monster at her manor for me. Average quest I thought, then you end up meeting the character Louis, such a badass guy.

I was skeptical about the new potion system but I am using them now in every fight while I rarely used them in previous game. That's settled, going for a full alchemy build.

roytheone

Is there a better feeling than getting wrecked in an area, go somewhere else, get/craft some good loot, return to that area and destroy the enemies that gave you trouble before? Feels sooooooo good.

Drewfonse

I'm really enjoying it, but I'm in the second area, Noven maybe?, and I have no food, and I can't find any merchants. My health is at 5%, and I'm playing on Hard,so my health doesn't regen while meditating. I just feel like I'm playing this....wrong.

Do I need to backtrack to the opening area to buy health items? Cuz the guy at the 2nd Inn just has a little water to sell.

I'm confused.

Sorian

Banned
I'm really enjoying it, but I'm in the second area, Noven maybe?, and I have no food, and I can't find any merchants. My health is at 5%, and I'm playing on Hard,so my health doesn't regen while meditating. I just feel like I'm playing this....wrong.

Do I need to backtrack to the opening area to buy health items? Cuz the guy at the 2nd Inn just has a little water to sell.

I'm confused.

Have you been using the Swallow potion?

BokehKing

Banned
Game is amazing, my only complaint? Better Horse A. I. in Red Dead Redemption, I called my horse in that, he found his way to me, in this my horse comes about halfway and I have to walk the rest of the way to him haha

senahorse

Somebody got a tip for a fight against a Fiend. I encountered on unexpectedly in
Return to Crookback Bog
and have no informations about his kind- He takes very little damage and I am not quite sure how to make my life easier.

I found that a little tough, igni, slash slash slash, roll away, rinse repeat. I had to use all my swallows and then some food, aside, it's hilariously great you can eat a steak mid battle.

I'm confused.

Water and food will heal you. Also, brew the Swallow potion. There's also the Sun and Stars perk that will heal you during the day that's really useful.

pakkit

Banned

I'm confused.

Invest an upgrade point in Sun & Stars. It allows for regen out of battle (during daytime). Loot everywhere (where there aren't guards). Precast Quen before heading into battle.

Well, what ending did you get? My ending:
I freed the tree spirit which proceeded to have the nearby town go mad and massacre each other, then saved the children from the Crones. The Crones punished Gran for letting the children get away by turning her into a water hag and cursing her to die. I managed to reverse the water hag curse but she was doomed to death regardless. She died, the daughter cried, the baron got depressed and told me to meet him at his usual spot. Instead I found him hung from a tree.

That.. that is fucking awesome. Those are the kind of consequences I love when having to make choices in games.

My ending:
After having killed the tree and having to go back to the witch, the crones were waiting for me and had already did whatever they did to the children. Gave the sacrificed ear to the crones and after hearing about all of their bullshit, swore that I would comeback with Ciri and kill them.

Except I ended up later on accepting the Baron's request in helping him rescuing his wife from the Crones. Met up with the Baron and his goons at the protected village that had given the sacrifice, and some of them villagers were already at the end of ropes. Helped the Baron go further into the swamps, and joined arms with his daughter that had already started her rescue mission with the help of some fanatics from the Eternal Fire cult. After beating down a giant Fiend, the wife was rescued, but her mind wasn't and the Crones were gone.

It was simply brillant.

Drewfonse

Thanks for the hints on how to more effectively manage my health. Sun and Stars and Swallow it is. I don't think that I have the required elements for Swallow, though.

Ostinatto

So ive found a bandit camp with a jailed prisoner, i killed all the bandits but i could not found the prisoner key, what i need to do in this case?

Sorian

Banned
So ive found a bandit camp with a jailed prisoner, i killed all the bandits but i could not found the prisoner key, what i need to do in this case?

Was one of them a mob named Bandit Leader? That one has the key, he may have strayed away from the camp too.

Edit: Or Deserter Leader or Cannibal Leader, whatever the things in the camp were called.

Chariot

I found that a little tough, igni, slash slash slash, roll away, rinse repeat. I had to use all my swallows and then some food, aside, it's hilariously great you can eat a steak mid battle.
Thank you very much, try to roast that thing.

But yeah, haha. Now I musst imagine Gerald like a japanese schoolkid getting to school with a toast in the mouth. He's probably looking like this:

highscool-boys-toast-gif.gif

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The Griffin School armor is medium weight? Jeeze, I guess the monster drops were nice anyway :/

Dresden

That.. that is fucking awesome. Those are the kind of consequences I love when having to make choices in games.

My ending:
After having killed the tree and having to go back to the witch, the crones were waiting for me and had already did whatever they did to the children. Gave the sacrificed ear to the crones and after hearing about all of their bullshit, swore that I would comeback with Ciri and killed them.

Except I ended up later on accepting the Baron's request in helping him rescuing his wife from the Crones. Met up with the Baron and his goons at the protected village that had given the sacrifice, and some of them villagers were already at the end of ropes. Helped the Baron go further into the swamps, and joined arms with his daughter that had already started her rescue mission with the help of some fanatics from the Eternal Fire cult. After beating down a giant Fiend, the wife was rescued, but her mind wasn't and the Crones were gone.

It was simply brillant.

That's the outcome I got. The way those quests intertwine and resolve together is pretty amazing.

After much debate I've come to the decision that this game is my favorite game of this gen and further yet, casting aside all nostalgia-based choices this is my favorite game all together. Isn't this the last Witcher game too? Kinda sad to see it go just when it found its prime.

Salsa

I agree, I took the notes from her and sent her on her merry way

:D

mh. okay. didnt realize that was an option, now I might do that. considering that after all her reason for being in such trouble is kinda my fault too

also can we have a story thread? dem ending spoiler tags :(

That 'A Towerful of Mice' quest is eerie as fuck. The music on the island is fantastic, and the stuff happening is just sending shivers down my spine.

Chariot

After much debate I've come to the decision that this game is my favorite game of this gen and further yet, casting aside all nostalgia-based choices this is my favorite game all together. Isn't this the last Witcher game too? Kinda sad to see it go just when it found its prime.
It's the last game of Geralt, not the last Witcher game. We may get more Witcher games with other protagonists. Not nearly through with the game yet, but I have high hopes of Ciri taking the reigns. She isn't technically a Witcher, but she has a big part of the physical training and her own powers.

If you haven't completed whatever the question mark was (opening the treasure, freeing the captive, etc.) then yes.
I assumed, that he cleaned it out already since he was trying to get the prisoner out. If there were still an enemy, he would've seeked his fall, would he not?

Sorian

Banned
That 'A Towerful of Mice' quest is eerie as fuck. The music on the island is fantastic, and the stuff happening is just sending shivers down my spine.

Fucking almost made me switch out my headphones,
doors slamming and things whipping around, I was on edge waiting for something to attack me

pfft.
straight up telling me "omg wish you burned them imagine if they fell in the wrong hands" minutes later she's actively bringing it to the worst hands

too big a risk
But
there was another way to get your hands on them papers without having to kill her.
Told her to go to the witcher school (Kaer something) and that she would be safe there, she accepted and before she left, I told her to give me those papers, which she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom