• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh shit

any validity to this?

what's the equivalent of not getting a customized beard on the barber? full shaven? :(

Haven't encountered barbers yet, but a full shave ought to do it.
There's different kind of beards?
Yes.
9627b057c149989c66eefc524429a83089946dda.jpg

El Jaffe

Buy Saddlebags from merchants.

If you have the free DLC for the Temerian Armor set, you can buy one from the guy you saved from the Griffon.

It'll increase your weight limit to 90.

Later on in the game when you get to Velen you'll find a merchant selling a saddlebag in the town of Crow's Perch that adds an extra 70 weight for a total of 130. I have no idea if there is a saddlebag larger then that.
Just found one that goes to 100. It's a merchant in Novigrad,
the one in the King of Beggars little blocked off area

I love using Igni. While on foot, I came across a group of bandits who were a few levels above me and on horses. Thought I'd have a difficult time with them, but a blast of Igni spooked their horses, bandits fell on the backs, and it only took one plunge of my sword to kill them. :D

Dahbomb

Can someone do me a favor and upload a PS4 save file right after the opening tutorial?

I have tried every single solution to get past the opening cinematic/tutorial and can't. I really want to play the game but man I tried the whole day to get the game to work. :(

Dresden

Got my sign intensity up to 157%, and at this point Signs are a little too powerful. I've been on Death March, but added hp or damage doesn't matter if I'm one-shotting everything. I think my encounters play out like this:

can they be knocked down? Aard -> Execute (works for basically every non-boss humanoid).
can they be burned? Hold down Igni's alternate fire (trolls, hags, wyrms, if they can be set alight, they're dead).

Wraiths and some other enemy types aren't vulnerable to the two above, at which point they get Yrden's alternate fire mode zapping passively at their hp, staggering them, and keeping them corporeal while a buffed up Quen acts as both shield and a vitality potion.

CHC

Goddammit this game is so amazing looking. I've just been running around White Orchard after having skipped all the intro stuff tweaking my settings and killing monsters....

I'm dying to play "for real" but I go away for a week Saturday so no point in getting all invested now, but this is killing me.

Aces&Eights

Does anyone know if you are able to acquire every ability in your skill trees?

No, you are not from what I hear. It's a choose wisely situation, however, there is a potion that will let you respec.

Got my sign intensity up to 157%, and at this point Signs are a little too powerful. I've been on Death March, but added hp or damage doesn't matter if I'm one-shotting everything. I think my encounters play out like this:

can they be knocked down? Aard -> Execute (works for basically every non-boss humanoid).
can they be burned? Hold down Igni's alternate fire (trolls, hags, wyrms, if they can be set alight, they're dead).

Wraiths and some other enemy types aren't vulnerable to the two above, at which point they get Yrden's alternate fire mode zapping passively at their hp, staggering them, and keeping them corporeal while a buffed up Quen acts as both shield and a vitality potion.

This is exactly why I am dumping most of my stat points into sword play. Don't want to get so overpowered it becomes boring in combat. I did that in Skyrim, one shot with a bow to any living thing, lol

Quick question: I just left White Orchid and left some locations undiscovered. I'm guessing you can come back later on... right??

I'd like to know this too, which is why I'm trying to complete everything in white orchard before progressing.

What's this tutorial people are speaking off? are they referring to the
dream
at the start of the game?

Xdrive05

I'm only a few hours in, but so far this game feels like what I've wanted Zelda games to be since OoT. Mostly I'm just talking about the exploration and quality of the side-quests / discoveries off the beaten path, and the scope of the world in general.

Shouta

I just found a vendor with Saddlebags that added 70 to my max, lol. I haven't even been near my capacity though. Crow's Perch like El Jaffe says.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
.................are they really serious with that lightning graphic on the skybox during storms....?

......WTF. How come such a cheap looking thing is inserted in a game with such beautiful presentation all around?

Drazgul

oh shit

any validity to this?

what's the equivalent of not getting a customized beard on the barber? full shaven? :(

Nah, I got some shaped beard cut and now I'm sporting a full beard again. Unless that's just a different look for the default beard, didn't go for the friendly muttonchops after all.

Dead

well not really...yet
Anyone else not played a bit of Gwent?

20 hours in and the only game of Gwent I played is the introductory game in WO

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I am basically sidequesting to get to areas where I can obtain more Gwent cards. Everything else can take a backseat.

Stoze

I think I need to stop looting everything or I'm going to burn myself out. Bad habits from the Witcher 2 and other RPGs.

The problem is I keep finding decent to good shit frequently enough to where it feels rewarding, plus everything can be used now thanks to the new smithing

Liking this game a lot better than I was. Gwent is awesome. Exploring is really fun. Now that I have a lot of money item durability isn't much of an issue (it's still an irritation and needs to go away as all it really exists to do is occasionally punish you in the beginning and annoy you later). Mostly used to the controls so I don't have any issues there really. Probably going to have to get the season pass.

Aces&Eights

Me. I guess it could be cool if there wasn't a whole world out there full of monsters and men who want to kill me, together with treasure, adventure and fortune. Those that want to stay home and play fog cards are more than welcome to but I am going to go save the world.

KingKong

Am I not looking in the right places or are they being really stingy with places of power in the second map? I found like 5 in the prologue but I've been exploring for hours and havent seen a single one yet

Can't get over how good this looks. I'll often light the candles in houses just to see the great light and shadow effects light the area of the room.

Wish they would tone down the wind effect a bit though. It's like constantly 30+ miles per hour.

The IQ on the PS4 version is much much Better then I thought it would be. There is not much aliasing to be seen. Really blown away

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does Ciri think Geralt is dead when the game starts?

I dislike mini games, I hate card games. Only played the first game and haven't touched it since.

Ghost23

Does anyone know where to find the griffin silver sword enhanced? Also, what is the next witcher school armor after griffin? What level should I expect that?

CHC

So is there some kind of reliable way to attack from horseback? It's like QWOP level right now, I feel like I'd have an easier time doing it in real life... and I don't normally ride horses or swing swords.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can someone tell me how to advance the
family matters
story line after you talk to the
daughter at novigrad?

Dahbomb

Can someone do me a favor and upload a PS4 save file right after the opening tutorial?

I have tried every single solution to get past the opening cinematic/tutorial and can't. I really want to play the game but man I tried the whole day to get the game to work. :(
Posting for new page for those that missed it. Would really help me out here and probably some other people who can't use the standard reinstall/reboot system tricks to get the game to play.

Finished the whole Bloody Baron quest line including
rescuing Anna

Fucking hell. Whole thing was brilliant. Haven't seen a rollercoaster of emotion like that in any game of this caliber before.

Bravo CDPR

KaYotiX

Banned
Me. I guess it could be cool if there wasn't a whole world out there full of monsters and men who want to kill me, together with treasure, adventure and fortune. Those that want to stay home and play fog cards are more than welcome to but I am going to go save the world.

Every vendor or bar keep that has the option I'm playing. I love it

Am I not looking in the right places or are they being really stingy with places of power in the second map? I found like 5 in the prologue but I've been exploring for hours and havent seen a single one yet

I found one on a mountain top in probably 10-15 hours of play in the second area.

It makes sense, though. They familiarize you with the mechanic, show its value, and give you some extra points to play with early on, but after that offer them only as occasional rewards for venturing off the beating path. They don't want to positively flood you with points, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom