• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it won't. It's a good thing IMO. Makes you play more cautiously.

Ok, think I might do that now. I haven't used a single potion as it is, just relying on food and water and meditate when my health is low. I wonder if I should change it now or after I fight the
griffin
:)

bodine1231

Man,every question mark at level 5 has shit thats way higher level hanging around. There doesn't seem to be any area to go to besides following the main story.

K.Sabot

So many interesting and very well made side quests that you can just straight up say no and bypass in this game, I appreciate that they don't just shove it in your quest log.

Dynasty8

Ok, think I might do that now. I haven't used a single potion as it is, just relying on food and water and meditate when my health is low. I wonder if I should change it now or after I fight the
griffin
:)

I would personally start from the beginning if you really want that trophy/achievement.

Also, play Death March difficulty...it's very fun and requires you to utilize everything appropriately. The only pain is the loading screen.

danowat

Banned
It's a good game an all, I am not challenging that, but man, how come it got 10/10's?

I thought the combat was a bit janky, but passable, untill I got to the Griffon, holy shit, the combat is poor.

You can't lock on to the Griffon, the camera is all over the shop, Geralt never seems to face the right direction, dodges and rolls don't always work, sometimes they are fine, sometimes he just slides along the floor.

Sheessh

It's a good game an all, I am not challenging that, but man, how come it got 10/10's?

I thought the combat was a bit janky, but passable, untill I got to the Griffon, holy shit, the combat is poor.

You can't lock on to the Griffon, the camera is all over the shop, Geralt never seems to face the right direction, dodges and rolls don't always work, sometimes they are fine, sometimes he just slides along the floor.

Sheessh

dont worry durante or modders or cdprojeckt will fix every single one of the problems this game has

erawsd

Sheessh

Because... opinions? Perhaps others have not had the same issues or if they did they were small enough that other aspects made up for them and more.

I feel like once you reach a certain level requirement for armor they should stop looking like fuckin quilts. Had been wearing a nice steel chest plate number for awhile, found something better, and of course it looks like granny knitted the thing. Tired of geralt looking like a fancy boy.

Ushay

Sheessh

I'm not upto this point, but had similar frustrations with groups of wolves, drowners etc When I started to approach combat scenarios differently and thinking what my next move was (especially on Death March difficulty) combat was a lot more enjoyable.

I think Witcher has one the most well thought out combat systems I've ever seen, and its fairly responsive too. The preparation element makes it much more satisfying to beat tougher groups. Last night I was getting OWNED by a group of drowners in the swamp area, until I started reading my Codex and realised I can ignite the poisonous gas in that place. Changed my approach entirely. I can't remember a game that forced me to think like that in a while.

Brockxz

What are the differences between difficulty modes? OK, I understand mobs hit you harder and mobs have larger HP pool but is there anything else? Do you get the same amount XP, crowns and items playing on hardest as on any lower difficulties?

linkboy

Anyone know where to find the diagram to make silver bombs. I'm squaring up to take on a werewolf and the bastard is kicking my ass.

Want to school the SOB, hard.

danowat

Banned
Because... opinions? Perhaps others have not had the same issues or if they did they were small enough that other aspects made up for them and more.

It was just frustrating, the battle was fairly tough as it was, however, the fact that it was tough simply because the mechanics didn't really work properly isn't really a done thing.

I know it's opinions and all, but I just can't understand how this passes as a "perfect" game these days.

Nyx

Sheessh

That fight was awesome and I did not encounter the problems you describe.
Did you turn down the camera sensitivity? That helps a bunch.

GlamFM

Banned
Still clearing out white orchid.

There is an abandoned site that has no enemies roaming around it - what am I supposed to do?

Soriku

Why did they do a shit job of designing this Treasure Hunt quest? Deserter Gold in White Orchard only starts if you didn't pick up the chests at the house near the Mill. To start this quest, you had to pick up the Spy's note at a camp beforehand, then go get the chests. But the Mill isn't far away from the inn, and it's big and visible, so I decided to explore there first before going to the obscure camp.

Since I picked up the chests first, I should've just gotten a quest completion once I picked up the Spy's note and understood the context of the note. Instead, I won't have the quest recorded at all...

Anyone know where to find the diagram to make silver bombs. I'm squaring up to take on a werewolf and the bastard is kicking my ass.

Want to school the SOB, hard.

Is this a side quest? i think i beat one with a werewolf in it. I just used the Quen sign and thunderbolt since it's a 1vs1 fight.

GavinGT

Banned
I thought I could figure this out myself, but I can't:

1) What's the skull meter?

2) What are the three dashes underneath the yellow meter?

The game makes no effort to explain these things. I'm guessing the skull is toxicity and the dashes are adrenaline, but I get in a ton of hits without getting hit myself, and the dashes don't turn red.

did CDprojeckt say if their making a modding tool or not?
or implementing it for steam workshop?

They've stated that it'll be available sometime after the game released.

The game makes no effort to explain these things. I'm guessing the skull is toxicity and the dashes are adrenaline, but I get in a ton of hits without getting hit myself, and the dashes don't turn red.

Toxicity and adrenaline points.
I believe those are covered in the game manual.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dunno where I got these, but hot damn

ARKUaSf.jpg

Sheessh
He just faces the closet enemy without lock on, it's not needed. Dodges and rolls always work for me (make sure you are holding a direction). Are you sure it's not hitting you or something.
It was just frustrating, the battle was fairly tough as it was, however, the fact that it was tough simply because the mechanics didn't really work properly isn't really a done thing.

I know it's opinions and all, but I just can't understand how this passes as a "perfect" game these days.
All the mechanics work, that's why it's a great first boss. Dunno what you are doing. After 25+ hours it's all still great and works perfectly. Granted I never use lock on FWIW.
I feel like once you reach a certain level requirement for armor they should stop looking like fuckin quilts. Had been wearing a nice steel chest plate number for awhile, found something better, and of course it looks like granny knitted the thing. Tired of geralt looking like a fancy boy.
The road to my level 15 relic armor is slow.

Toxicity from potions
Adrenaline points built up in combat, reduced when damage is taken. Basically a reward in damage (?) for playing well and used for some skill stuff later on.

patapuf

I've not used the lock on mechanic a single time in my playthrough, i don't think it's needed (though, i play with MKB, i heard it's good to turn down camera sensitivity to .80 for controllers).

Learning what you can dodge and when you need to roll is important. Dodge is great but dogding a griffon wing in the wrong direction will get you hit.

Just use Aard, the arbalest and the grapeshot bomb to stun the beast and then get your hits in.

danowat

Banned
I killed it, wasn't a major problem, but it was just made a lot harder, and a lot more frustrating because I had to wrestle with the controls.

linkboy

Is this a side quest? i think i beat one with a werewolf in it. I just used the Quen sign and thunderbolt since it's a 1vs1 fight.

It's part of the
Ladies of the Wood Quest

What's killing me is it's regenerative abilities.

I can whittle it down, but it just keeps refilling it's life back up.

Uriah

What exactly do adrenaline points do? I got the perk where I can use a spell with them, but I haven't figured out the other uses for them.

Jolkien

What exactly do adrenaline points do? I got the perk where I can use a spell with them, but I haven't figured out the other uses for them.

It passively up your damage and you lose adrenaline when you get hit. So it's a mechanic that reward you from not getting hit (getting hit with Quen up is fine) to make you kill faster.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Sheessh

I locked on to it fine. A bit finicky to get it to happen, perhaps, but it definitely worked. You lose lock-on when it flies away though, I think, so you have to regain it when it comes back around. But yeah, locking on worked for me, could shoot it with the crossbow without aiming and everything.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I killed it, wasn't a major problem, but it was just made a lot harder, and a lot more frustrating because I had to wrestle with the controls.
If you were more specific I could help more.

dodge air attack
roll ground attack / landing (or get hit)
blast or xbow in fligh
Yrden, Aard, or Axii on ground depending how you want to fight
Geralt aims where the CAMERA is facing. I'm guessing that is your problem?

There's tells too like I think you can
dodge or roll under the raised wing that is attacking
. Honestly it all worked great. If you were having camera issues I know some people have them, but mostly it's just a zoom in on Geralt's head which doesn't affect that fight imo.

Dominator

Seems like the Treasure Hunt mission Dirty Funds is broken for me. Says to read something I have picked up, and I read every single thing I have in my inventory and it won't progress.

Pretty annoying.

Dr.Acula

Banned
What are the differences between difficulty modes? OK, I understand mobs hit you harder and mobs have larger HP pool but is there anything else? Do you get the same amount XP, crowns and items playing on hardest as on any lower difficulties?

I think the easiest two tiers let you heal while meditating, while the hardest two do not.

Dude, is that nip in your avatar?

GlamFM

Banned
Still clearing out white orchid.

There is an abandoned site that has no enemies roaming around it - what am I supposed to do?

Saw that one too I guess its a bug

sucks :(

EDIT: Found this:

Firstly thank you very much for your reports. We are aware of the issue and we will investigate so we can fix it soon : ) Please report any POI that has issue with spawning and we will check if there are any issues.

Possible solution for now is to save and load the game. Please to that while being not in sight of the POI. Also meditating at the site won't help as for mechanics reasons (so that player will not be attacked while meditating) monsters will not spawn near meditating player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom