• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you from white orchard to valen completely on horseback, instead of fast traveling?

Nope.

oh great more fucking bloodborne dicksucking.

combat is better to be sure, and bloodborne is a great game but it's not doing much more than combat and falls short in a lot of ways many other games excel. Narrative and story presentation for example (they're shit to nonexistant to incoherent)

I'll have to disagree strongly with the bolded, but I suppose TW3 thread isn't really the place to argue about Bloodborne.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

combat is better to be sure, and bloodborne is a great game but it's not doing much more than combat and falls short in a lot of ways many other games excel. Narrative and story presentation for example (they're shit to nonexistant to incoherent)

I quoted a comment that specifically was speaking about Bloodborne's combat system...

I also have no qualms 'dicksucking' Bloodborne's combat system. It's the best ARPG combat system there is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
w1trl8g.png

The story and lore are there but the players actually have to look for them not everything is presented to the player xD

RedAssedApe

Banned
i wasnt paying attention and started doing the missing brother contract...wtf level 33...why did they even give this to you this early? lol

This is the glitch with his arm. Sometimes he'll pause and put his hands together like he's messing with something. Nothing I've tried makes it go back to normal

FegDUyq.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think I'll be turning the ? markers off. I don't want this game to become an Ubisoft icon hunt. Maybe I'm weak, but seeing all those ?s around me I just can't help picking the closest ones off - "ooh, there's a ? right over there, better head right for it!" - and that just takes away from the exploration for me. Can't help it. So I think that what I'm gonna do is turn them off, let these things happen dynamically as I explore instead, and then turn them on again once I'm nearing the end of the game (or maybe after, since you can keep playing after the main story is over).

roytheone

Just recently, but does she always have everything i need?
Before the battle near
the well
i was missing some flowers that I couldn't find, wonder if she has them for example.

Not always, but she has alot. Some of it is quite expensive though. She does have the plants for the spectre oil, it is where I got them.

So the game is just a bunch of large maps that you can only can enter or leave via fast travel?

Kinda, it has 2 huge maps, and 2 or 3 small ones. You won't be hopping from map to map constantly like in dragon age, the 2 huge maps are really, REALLY big.

muffs92

I'm level 5 and can take out a single level 9 ghoul no problem, but throw 4 level 5 ghouls at me and suddenly Geralt loses all competence.

Cannot grasp how to fight groups of enemies, especially wraiths.

CSX

So i got this objective to make a potion out of drowner pheromones to trigger a battle...sounds quest specific and yet isn't on the list of available potions to brew.

Do i really have to leave and find something who knows how to make it or am i dumb and not understanding this objective correctly?

Kard8p3

I have a few questions regarding hairstyles.

1. If I just choose a hairstyle and leave my beard alone, will it continue to grow?
2. Is there an option to shave my beard and have it re-grow? or only other beard options that don't change?
3. I'm assuming there is an option to go back to default?

So i got this objective to make a potion out of drowner pheromones to trigger a battle...sounds quest specific and yet isn't on the list of available potions to brew.

Do i really have to leave and find something who knows how to make it or am i dumb and not understanding this objective correctly?

Well I was told to make a potion for a quest but I have the potion and no use for it could it be the samething lol?

Wow, that's amazing, especially the first one.
Thanks! That first screenshot by Obliterator is what gave me the urge to give it the oil filter in the first place. The screen cap already looked like a painting, just needed a slight adjustment lol. It's an amazing shot, took me a little while to notice the little destroyed house on the right side too.
Original
17767925678_23a569f142_h.jpg

Oil paint
8XPSPVl.png

squidyj

The story and lore are there but the players actually have to look for them not everything is presented to the player xD

name two engaging characters that you would know from playing bloodborne.
describe to me what you are doing in bloodborne.

They do a much better job at world-building than story or storytelling.

Neverfade

I picked up a Devil's Puffball somewhere in SW Velen and then lost some progress -- now I can't remember where I got it and I don't want to pony up for the recipe in town. Anyone know where it was?

Also looking for a location on some insectoid oil!

patapuf

How can I do preparations when I'm missing ingredients for some of the stuff and the game doesn't tell me where to find them?
Like if i need a certain oil that a monster is vulnerable to but that oil requiers a type of herb in order to create, should I move across all the map until I'll find it?

Must be a less tedious way, what am i missing?

Herbalists sell most herbs and stuff.

CSX

Well I was told to make a potion for a quest but I have the potion and no use for it could it be the samething lol?

No cuz i did that mission already lol

I noticed that it's potentially a bug. On the bottom of the start menu when cursor is on alchemy, it shows the latest recipes you learned/obtained and one of them is the potion needed for the quest. However it doesn't show up on the list of potions i can potentially brew including running to a herbalist and seeing if it pops up under shop conditions

Ushay

Oh boy. I just stepped out of the hut after speaking to someone about
tracking a Griffon
and out of no where the weather changes, wind blowing violently, the trees are waving vigorously and Geralt's hair is flowing all over. I have my headphones on so can hear every bit of sound effect in the wind.

This is already my GOTY.

leng jai

I'm level 5 and can take out a single level 9 ghoul no problem, but throw 4 level 5 ghouls at me and suddenly Geralt loses all competence.

Cannot grasp how to fight groups of enemies, especially wraiths.

I honestly just think the combat, targeting system, controls and camera fall apart when you're fighting a group.

I wish there is a way to have several items available to use without going into the inventory. I mean items to consume, as far as I know you only can have two ( up or down on the d-pad)

If I up the difficulty from medium to the next hardest, will meditation still replenish my health?

Dynasty8

I wish there is a way to have several items available to use without going into the inventory. I mean items to consume, as far as I know you only can have two ( up or down on the d-pad)

If I up the difficulty from medium to the next hardest, will meditation still replenish my health?

No, it won't. It's a good thing IMO. Makes you play more cautiously.

SomTervo

I honestly just think the combat, targeting system, controls and camera fall apart when you're fighting a group.

You are definitely not meant to use lock-on when against a group. If you adjust the camera in little ways you can basically get by without lock-on in most cases.

I think the combat and controls work fine against groups but you basically always need to be repositioning and dodging. It's literally find good footing to win a lot of the time

I'd like to know this too, which is why I'm trying to complete everything in white orchard before progressing.

What's this tutorial people are speaking off? are they referring to the
dream
at the start of the game?

Yes you can go back to white orchard.

People class white orchard as the tutorial as this is the area that majority of the control functions and basics of the game are told.

Corum

Had a fun moment last night, after the griffin minor spoiler:

When you're in the tavern with Vesemir about to leave White Orchard and the bandits attack you, I just throw a grapeshot bomb and the entire room just exploded! There were limbs hanging in mid air during the cutscene. It was an easy way to get the Butcher of Blaviken achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom