• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debating on picking up the guide... and I have a question...

If my friend and I are playing (on seperate consoles of course) and we kill the same guy... and he/she drops a weapon.... does the same weapon drop for both of us? Are stats random?

Hugstable

Banned
I'm getting wrecked in alot of areas of Velen. White Orchard I could pretty much explore freely the question mark areas, but there are a alot of times in Velen where I'm just starting out as level 4 and head to a near question mark, and I'm running into some high ass level enemies. Is this normal? What do I dooooooo

I'm having trouble with the Devil that Haunts the Well quest.
The wraith woman won't appear for me, and I've already searched the area, picked up the diary, hoisted the skeletal remains out of the well, and jumped into the well and retrieved the bracelet.

It's not activating for me.

Did you meditate until noon? As far as I remember she is a noonwraith so you have to fight her at noon.

I was so on the fence on whether or not to buy this game. I was really reluctant after dragon age inquisition screwed me over with its phenomenal reviews yet boring story, gameplay, and dialogue. Witcher 3 though is absolutely amazing, one of the best game purchases I have made in a long time. It was worth every penny.

Yeah anyone worried this is like DA:I shouldn't be. This game is league's better in almost every measurable way.

Deadstar

I'm a huge fan of Witcher 2. I just got past white orchard and was wondering if the game starts throwing in areas at you that look more "hand crafted" rather than the normal open world stuff. In Witcher 2 every area had an interesting look to it and you felt like you were seeing unique things and moving through unique areas.

I'm loving Witcher 3 so far but so far it's mainly been big foresty open areas with the exception of a couple caves, which I did enjoy.

Does the game start showing you more unique areas?

I'm getting wrecked in alot of areas of Velen. White Orchard I could pretty much explore freely the question mark areas, but there are a alot of times in Velen where I'm just starting out as level 4 and head to a near question mark, and I'm running into some high ass level enemies. Is this normal? What do I dooooooo

Run away, there are plenty of quests in the area that are lvl 23-35, so you have to wait a long time until you come back for them.

The Witcher 1 callbacks in this game are so good. There's even
more than one cameo! The brickmaker from Vizima (this guy) makes an appearance in a Southern Velen settlement, by the coast.

Chariot

Put some sunglasses on Geralt!
Dat Arbalism tho
lj4haH4.jpg

Welcome to an Open World game ;D If you see enemies that are too strong, run and come back later when you feel ready. Your not supposed to just smack everything the first time to see it.

Jolkien

Debating on picking up the guide... and I have a question...

If my friend and I are playing (on seperate consoles of course) and we kill the same guy... and he/she drops a weapon.... does the same weapon drop for both of us? Are stats random?

Stats and drop are random. Some treasure are static though

Munkyspace

I'm having trouble with the Devil that Haunts the Well quest.
The wraith woman won't appear for me, and I've already searched the area, picked up the diary, hoisted the skeletal remains out of the well, and jumped into the well and retrieved the bracelet.

It's not activating for me.

It's a >>>noon<<<wraith, you silly goose.

Waxwing

Unresolved plot questions regarding the Towerful of Mice quest:
I finished it...freed the pesta, great. But did anyone read the mage's diary entries? Do we know what killed his black rat? The diary said that upon autopsy, he deemed it did not have Catriona, and the rest of the quest never seemed to give an answer. What did I miss?

Posting here:
Witcher 3 on PS4 -> Constant camera judder/jitter is giving me a headache

Based on reviews I expected fps dips here and there..... how the fuck no one mentioned this ?!
There is a constant camera judder/stuttering going on. It's so bad that it's giving me a headache : (

This is the worst PS4 port that I've played so far on my ps4 and I've played Evil Within which was also a terrible mess.
I don't know if it's the camera or low fps or maybe both it's bad very bad.

I captured a video using share on my PS4.
Take a look at the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0bdLblqI04&feature=youtu.be&t=2m30s

Notice just how bad the camera is stuttering all the time.

So I'm officially stuck.

Have to fight that wild hunt soldier in some kind of catacomb together with a sorceress, but I simply do not have enough defence and attack. Don't have enough food anymore, don't have bombs and I keep on getting hit whenever I get a hit in on him. Can't even go back to do sidemissions first. The way towards this knight was easy as hell, even the golem. meh.

Oh, man, this sunken treasure quest is a bit of a nightmare due to the horrible swimming. Why did they put in this shit where Geralt tries to kick away from objects automatically? Such a bad idea. Time for attempt 3...

A doll is a junk item. Notice how that event wasn't a quest and didn't you give XP or anything either. It was just a little event you can come across.

that's just another cool feature. The game keeps making me smile

There is a blacksmith, but he doesn't talk to me, also there isn't an X to interact with him. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong ? So annoying to teleport to White Orchard when I want a new weapon crafted...

It's in Velen, the next village from where the baron lives.

Chariot

So I'm officially stuck.

Have to fight that wild hunt soldier in some kind of catacomb together with a sorceress, but I simply do not have enough defence and attack. Don't have enough food anymore, don't have bombs and I keep on getting hit whenever I get a hit in on him. Can't even go back to do sidemissions first. The way towards this knight was easy as hell, even the golem. meh.
I was trashed by thim at the beginning and had so little Vitality left that I didn'T even see a red bar anymore. What I done was castin quen, go in, hit once or twice and jump out, keeping the distance until quen was up again.

Super lame, but it works very well.

Caja 117

I do have a question, in White Orchard the Crossbow: Do you find it as a loot/craft or you need to buy it? I dont want the specifics on the how.

Unresolved plot questions regarding the Towerful of Mice quest:
I finished it...freed the pesta, great. But did anyone read the mage's diary entries? Do we know what killed his black rat? The diary said that upon autopsy, he deemed it did not have Catriona, and the rest of the quest never seemed to give an answer. What did I miss?

It's just an omen and a red herring, as far as I know.

phaze

Got to Velen and immediately set out for Novigrad.

Some bastards wanted some permit or something from me. Thankfully the boat next to them took care of that.

The city itself is pretty impressive sizewise, considering everything else this game has going for it. Gonna see if I can meet Triss without going through the Velen main quest first.

woen

If there is one absolutely astonishing in this game, it is the writing. It ties up the game and helps it to more than just a random action rpg. Main quests, side quests, even random encounters, it is something you don't see often in a video game. There is also a great work with interactivity and implication of the player, so the writing is embellished to form a greater narrative experience for the player.

Also, wearing the Griffin full gear is like I have lowered the difficulty twice.

Tacitus_

So I'm officially stuck.

He's reasonably easy, keep the shield sign up and dance around him with the dodge button. Even if he smacks you, the shield will absorb all damage. If you don't have the stamina to recast it, keep your distance for a bit until you can and get back in. Fast attack, strong attack and dodge away.

bbd23

There is a blacksmith, but he doesn't talk to me, also there isn't an X to interact with him. Is this a bug or have I done something wrong ? So annoying to teleport to White Orchard when I want a new weapon crafted...

It's in Velen, the next village from where the baron lives.

same thing happened to me, i had to get the nilfgaardian quartermaster to craft something really cheap for me and when I went back he was fixed.

benzy

I am level 13 and have not found diagrams for griffin, bear or any armor of the like. Only ugly as sin jester suit looking gear. Time to rectify that.

Another thing that bothers me is those jester outfits make Geralt look fat. His stomach area is bulging like Santa Clause unlike his starting armor. lol.

Virdix

I've played probably about 30-40 hours(cant rely on the in game counter) The world just feels so alive, I'm constantly debating between side quests and the main story because I enjoy doing both so much.

I'm currently level 15 rocking full
Feline
set, I honestly feel like I've taken just a bite out of an apple, if that makes sense in terms of content.

My biggest complaint is no storage, I want to craft ALL of the Witcher armor and im consistently at 60kg out of 130 after selling everything and I only have 2 1/2 sets. Tried Kotaku's "drop on ground" method with some books and came back the same play session hours later and they were gone.

I'm constantly just cantering rather than galloping, I'm scared of blowing through the game like I did with Bloodborne and the world just feels alive to me.

Meant to check GAF and post yesterday as I played but Instead I missed out on like 80 pages, lol. Cant play today but 3 day weekend baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom