• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't regenerate health by resting in Blood and Bones difficulty. My best advice is either get a Swallow potion which works like a powerful water or pick up the Sun and the Stars ability. Swallow works great though if you don't want to take an ability point. Every time you run out of swallow, just meditate and you'll restock your swallow potion using any alcohol you have on you. I use Swallow for passive regen outside of fights, and food for during fights, since Swallow stops working if you get hit.

Is this true? I haven't noticed that but I probably haven't been paying attention.

RedAssedApe

Banned
This is in no way meant to be an insult but this game strongly reminds me of the first Fable. The art style, the combat, the magic, the creatures, the wooden houses, the peasants, etc. The Witcher 3 is what I expected the first Fable to be when it was first announced by Peter Molyneux, and although it was never as vast and as expansive as everyone was led to believe it would be it was still a great game. The Witcher 3 in 2015 delivers on the promises that Peter Molyneux made about Fable in 2001.

slap in the face!
jk

Holy shit that ending to the tower full of mice quest! Freaking love this game!

I'm guessing you got the same ending as I did.
released Annabelle.
I hope there's a later quest to handle that problem.

I finished that quest all
why do I trust fantasy creatures so easily?
Even since that mission I don't lol
Was there a different way to handle it?
She was acting fishy so I said I didn't trust her, fought her a bit, found Graham, brought him back there, and they made up, both went on to the afterlife lol.

That Temeria armor set is just not showing up on this Merchant. It's the very first guy you save right? One standing slightly outside of the village near the signpost? He's not nothing for me. =/

That's the one. Maybe you have to progress something to unlock it? I'm not sure when the DLC was made available but he definitely didn't have it at first on day one. I bought it sometime before completing White Orchard though.

If you're running the Steam version double check that the DLC is installed from your library.

Was there a different way to handle it?
She was acting fishy so I said I didn't trust her, fought her a bit, found Graham, brought him back there, and they made up, both went on to the afterlife lol.
I hate you shinobi, that's the ending I should've got:(

No more mr.nice witcher

Opposite route spoiler
if you choose the other option you take her bones to graham to be buried, but once you leave him you hear him scream. Go back into his house and she's actaully a pesta(evil spirit thingy) and she kills him while be released to the world:/

educator

My impressions thus far. I've cleared everything in White Orchard, moved on to Vizima and brought myself up to level 5.

+ Grass, grass everywhere!
This game is a real looker, lets get that out of the way. It's a vast and exciting world to explore and the scenery absolutely plays a huge roll in that. Furthermore it provides an immersive experience and sets the tone for what is to come. Stunning forests with wildlife mixed with swamps and drowners -- The Witcher 3 is beautiful in every shape, way and form.

+ Someone stole 'me frying pan!
The side quests are brilliant. No more boring fetch missions and dreadful A.I. companions. Instead, The Witcher 3 presents a ton of story and lore that may or may not impact the campaign, but nonetheless keeps things interesting and fun every step of the way. Who would have thought that a quest involving a frying pan could be this awesome? <insert random developer here>, take notice!

+ Play me once... Play again. And again. And one last time.
I would go as far as saying the game of Gwent is bloody fantastic. It's more or less a game within a game, just waiting for you to throw your money away at innkeepers. It's great fun, very rewarding if played correctly and great way to spend some time away from the hostile world Gerald breathes in.

- The jank is real.
It's not even been a week since release so I'm rather hopeful CDPR will bandage this baby up a little. From my experience, playing The Witcher 3 on the PS4 is a hit or miss. Mostly a hit, but the drops in framerate and the janky and somewhat akward controls do drag this game down a notch. Riding a horse can be a pain at times, and it really feels unnecessarily difficult to do the most simple of things like looting, swimming and just turning around.

- Parry Geralt, parry!
I'll probably get flack for this, but the combat really isn't that great. Or should I say it doesn't live up to what it could have been. Don't get me wrong, I rarely take hit and I know when to parry, dodge, strike or flee -- I just don't find the combat exciting. It works, but that's about it. There's nothing astounding about it and it most certainly doesn't live up to the rest of the game.

All in all, a beautifully crafted RPG from a passionate studio. Some minor faults on the technical side as of now, but hey, I have faith that this will be worked out sooner than later.

Chariot

Has nobody found a journeyman/master weapon smith? Jesus christ. This fucking game has armor smits up the wazoo but a god damn decent weapon smith is impossible
Look in big cities. There is at least one journeyman somehwere in Oxenford and one in Novigrad at the market. A master you can find at the Bloody Baron's keep.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Gwent might be my favorite thing about the game.

My impressions thus far. I've cleared everything in White Orchard, moved on to Vizima and brought myself up to level 5.
- The jank is real.
It's not even been a week since release so I'm rather hopeful CDPR will bandage this baby up a little. From my experience, playing The Witcher 3 on the PS4 is a hit or miss. Mostly a hit, but the drops in framerate and the janky and somewhat akward controls do drag this game down a notch. Riding a horse can be a pain at times, and it really feels unnecessarily difficult to do the most simple of things like looting, swimming and just turning around.

- Parry Geralt, parry!
I'll probably get flack for this, but the combat really isn't that great. Or should I say it doesn't live up to what it could have been. Don't get me wrong, I rarely take hit and I know when to parry, dodge, strike or flee -- I just don't find the combat exciting. It works, but that's about it. There's nothing astounding about it and it most certainly doesn't live up to the rest of the game.

All in all, a beautifully crafted RPG from a passionate studio. Some minor faults on the technical side as of now, but hey, I have faith that this will be worked out sooner than later.

You won't get flack. Its the truth

I hate you shinobi, that's the ending I should've got:(

No more mr.nice witcher

Opposite route spoiler
if you choose the other option you take her bones to graham to be buried, but once you leave him you hear him scream. Go back into his house and she's actaully a pesta(evil spirit thingy) and she kills him while be released to the world:/
Hah, well shit! Good thing I didn't trust her! :p

+ Someone stole 'me frying pan!
The side quests are brilliant. No more boring fetch missions and dreadful A.I. companions. Instead, The Witcher 3 presents a ton of story and lore that may or may not impact the campaign, but nonetheless keeps things interesting and fun every step of the way. Who would have thought that a quest involving a frying pan could be this awesome? <insert random developer here>, take notice!

What's special about the frying pan quest? I just finished it and all I did was walk into the house and grab the frying pan and it give back to her.

educator

What's special about the frying pan quest? I just finished it and all I did was walk into the house and grab the frying pan and it give back to her.

That is true. I just think the dialogue with the, what I believe her to be, crazy woman was a fun way of turning a rather 'boring on paper quest' into something more special. There are way better (and more interesting) side quests than this, but somehow it stood out to me.

aku:jiki

nmW3Ot4.jpg
Just when I thought I had something!

See how the thumbnail is a stylin' red jacket with gold details? Then I put it on and it's...that. Burgundy and baby blue! CDPR's artists are just straight trolling me at this point.

cresto

That is true. I just think the dialogue with the, what I believe her to be, crazy woman was a fun way of turning a rather 'boring on paper quest' into something more special. There are way better (and more interesting) side quests than this, but somehow it stood out to me.

Does the notes you pick up on the side quest come in to play outside white orchard? I was hoping they would but never came across anything.

I found the love triangle in Valen a lot more interesting. I liked how even a small side quest can have a big twist (although I saw it coming). I felt like sherlock holmes on that particular quest.

Forkball

Jenny O Woods is wrecking me. I could win if she didn't regen. I know you're supposed to hit the illusions, but I can never do it in time.

Bl@de

Just met
Letho
from W2 during some typical side quest.
Completed the whole quest and he went to Kaer Morhen
. Everything about how they handled returning characters is so great if you played W1/W2. This game is a masterpiece.

mike6467

It's my biggest complaint, which is pretty awesome, but what I wouldn't give to have a second screen to serve as a proper map/HUD. I'm on the PC version but using a Surface Pro or something (Smart Glass esque), would be a wet dream at this point. I switched the options to stop the mini map rotation and give a north arrow, but I'm finding myself opening the full map way too often and only using the mini-map for gathering herbs.

Just met
Letho
from W2 during some typical side quest.
Completed the whole quest and he went to Kaer Morhen
. Everything about how they handled returning characters is so great if you played W1/W2. This game is a masterpiece.

Quest name?

Ghost23

Could I get a yes/no answer if there are unique armor sets better than the Witcher school fully upgraded sets? I'm only level twelve with the enhanced griffin armor set ready to use for level 14, but I'm somewhat hoping there's more crazy good armor to look forward to besides griffin, feline, and ursine.

So what do the colours in the missions mean?

Green = active

Red = failed

Greyed out = ??? (only for Gwent)

Grey = ???

I completed a side mission with an old series witcher character (that goes to another place far away afterwards) and now some other missions are just grey. Does it mean they are permantly gone or are they just on hold until the character returns in the game later?

Jenny O Woods is wrecking me. I could win if she didn't regen. I know you're supposed to hit the illusions, but I can never do it in time.
I had the same problem. You absolutely have to use the Trap sign (Yrden) because only then do you actually cause real damage (with Specter Oil on the sword). Cast it then back out to entice it in. Quen helps too but changing spells mid battle is annoying. If it's outside the trap avoid at all costs.

Cartoons

Banned
After much effort running between Alchemists and the Blacksmith, finally completed all the Mastercrafted Ursine armour/weapon pieces. And my does it look great! Though it was a hassle hunting down the Enhanced versions of a few of them, considering the game cruelly refused to show them to me on the map. Actually enjoyed myself though, having to look up how to make everything and getting to it.

So about the Frying Pan quest -
With the monocle and the secret spy stuff, I saw someone speculating that the man who escaped might be Thaler. I wonder if that's true and we will find him somewhere later in the game. The monocle is still in my inventory.

Simzyy

Quick tip, when the three wraiths are summoned, Jenny heals if they get close to you.

So just keep away from the three, and eventually they disappear and Jenny will have regened no health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom