• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HIGHLY recommend people turn off undiscovered POIs so the map isn't just a bunch of ? marks letting you know where to beeline to. I'm enjoying the open world a hell of a lot more just naturally finding stuff, where before I was just placing markers and zigzaging to everything.

Are automatic finishers the occasional thing where geralt does some attack that usually decaps an opponent? How do you even do those if you turn it off?

Yeah I think I'm going to do that. I sort of did went from question mark to question mark right before I left White Orchard, but Velen is way too huge to do that without getting burned out. I've been ignoring them so far in Velen anyway so I might as well remove them from the minimap.

pakkit

Banned
Where's the earliest i can find a respec potion?
4Head.png
i have some ragrets

Keira had one in my game. But I don't know if it's randomized.

Red Comet

I like how Nvidia waits until after I've already bought and installed the game to give me a Geforce Experience popup saying that they'll give me a free copy if I join their beta program.

Ricker

I dont know what to do in the quest Wandering in the Dark...
I am suppose to use my Witcher sense to find something to associate with Ciri's horse Kelpi,but there is nothing...one red sign exploded,the other one brought out doubles of Geralt and Keira that I had to fight and the one beside the mage that appears shines red but I cant do an examine on it anymore...nothing happens.

Yea, didn't read the spoilers
but I let her keep the notes and told her to head to Kaer Mohren.
So I'll see her again?

According to what the other person said, yes. I haven't got there myself yet.

I am suppose to use my Witcher sense to find something to associate with Ciri's horse Kelpi,but there is nothing...one red sign exploded,the other one brought out doubles of Geralt and Keira that I had to fight and the one beside the mage that appears shine red but I cant do an examine on it anymore...nothing happens.

Did you check down in the well?

45hrs in and still hardly messing with the main quest. I'm level 18 and the main story says I should be level 12. Not even trying to power level but the side quests are so good

Saphirax

I am suppose to use my Witcher sense to find something to associate with Ciri's horse Kelpi,but there is nothing...one red sign exploded,the other one brought out doubles of Geralt and Keira that I had to fight and the one beside the mage that appears shines red but I cant do an examine on it anymore...nothing happens.

Jump down into the water.

jesu

Just finished Wandering In The Dark.
Great quest, enjoyed being underground again.
Had been missing caves/dungeons before then, had only found one little monster cave up until then.
Still died a few times just playing on Normal though!

I like how Nvidia waits until after I've already bought and installed the game to give me a Geforce Experience popup saying that they'll give me a free copy if I join their beta program.

Where'd that pop show up for you? I'd not turn down a free copy for my PC but I didn't see anything show up earlier.

I checked how far up you could go with the photo mode mod. Turns out its infinite. Managed to get above the clouds. Also took a few cool pictures.

velen location spoilers i guess http://imgur.com/a/my49I

Can't wait for people to find a way to remove the distant fog like they did with GTA V.

CHC

Man for some reason this game reminds me of Morrowind. Enormously detailed open world with tons to do and a convincing political backdrop.

tuco11

Playing on PS4 level 6 and I just put a point into FireStream. It told me to hold R2 to cast but I get nothing? Just Melted Armor again. Doing something wrong? Love this game.

thanks!

Staf

Wow, just finished (i think) Keira's story line. Really great, very well written character. Had no idea when i started the Witcher 3 that the writing would be this good. CD project really is among the best storytellers when it comes to games. Never thought i would see this good storytelling and pacing in an open world game.

Sorian

Banned
Wow, really? You messed up, OP. You messed up BAD. DAMN, should have used my own save but I wanted Saskia to be alive. Goddammit, OP!

Maybe it's my screw up. There were like 10 saves in the file he posted. I just went with what looked like the most recent save based on names.

giphy.gif

Should have simulated the save file at the beginning.

And not have my tattoo? Also, pre-launch there was no indication that the world state would let you choose the fate of the character I'm speaking of.

CHC

I posted a while ago but no one answered.... Is there a trick to attacking from horseback? I see all these badass slo-mo, ride-by beheadings, but when I try I feel like I'm playing QWOP....

Shouta

I posted a while ago but no one answered.... Is there a trick to attacking from horseback? I see all these badass slo-mo, ride-by beheadings, but when I try I feel like I'm playing QWOP....

Hold the attack button to slow it down as I recall

Wow, just finished (i think) Keira's story line. Really great, very well written character. Had no idea when i started the Witcher 3 that the writing would be this good. CD project really is among the best storytellers when it comes to games. Never thought i would see this good storytelling and pacing in an open world game.

Yup. I finished her story line yesterday. Even simple side quests are very well written.

Jolkien

Keep you attack button pressed, you will get in slow-motion when your near en enemy.

I need some help with a few map locations.

Can anyone tell me how to get here?

http://i.imgur.com/ptMNjKW.jpg

-----

I have no idea what to do here. I used the magic lamp and see the ghost, but there's nothing else to do as far as I can tell.

http://i.imgur.com/C5iyDZJ.jpg

-----

Cleared out the bandits and looted everything but it still shows the icon highlighted. I guess it's bugged?

http://i.imgur.com/gPVkSBx.jpg

-----

Another one I think is bugged. I've been here yet the question mark doesn't go away.

http://i.imgur.com/7sNMPzy.jpg

RK9039

And not have my tattoo? Also, pre-launch there was no indication that the world state would let you choose the fate of the character I'm speaking of.

I don't know, it sounded pretty clear to me when they said that we didn't need our Witcher 2 save file.

phaze

I think it's first time in Witcher games that I like Triss voice. No sure if they changed the voice actor or I'm just misremembering but I'm liking it much more here in these few minutes I spend with her. Was planning on doing a no Yen, no Triss walkthrough but this may change my mind.

Have to say it peeved me off how easily Geralt accepted his mission from Emhyr. Almost all no questions asked and all that. I sure hope I will get an option to full fill this task in a way he won't like.

Enosh

baron spoilers
man i have to hand it to them, they made a wife beating murderous drunk kinda sympathetic

Gaz_RB

I think it's first time in Witcher games that I like Triss voice. No sure if they changed the voice actor or I'm just misremembering but I'm liking it much more here in these few minutes I spend with her. Was planning on doing a no Yen, no Triss walkthrough but this may change my mind.

Have to say it peeved me off how easily Geralt accepted his mission from Emhyr. Almost all no questions asked and all that. I sure hope I will get an option to full fill this task in a way he won't like.

It made sense to me because Geralt cares about Ciri too. It's something he might do regardless of the Emhyr.

ISee

I am begining to understand why the game deserves an 18+ rating. I am doing the barons quest line atm... and man that is one dark and horrible story line so far, definitely not intended for children.

A question for colour blind people: Are you struggling with the game at all?. I have just started and I am finding it really difficult to read text on screen, as well as seeing enemies and health bars amongst the environment.

PCI version, 1.03

Anyone else had issues with NPCs being stuck in t-pose and their face not attatched but sort of... Off to the side and moving?

Reloading a save fixes it but it's very annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom