• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

As someone who hasn't played the previous games, really liking Triss and not liking Yen at all.

Yen is all slap slap kiss kiss... and that was before Geralt lost his memory and fucked her friend Triss.
(and this is Yens first appearance in the games)

So about the Frying Pan quest -
With the monocle and the secret spy stuff, I saw someone speculating that the man who escaped might be Thaler. I wonder if that's true and we will find him somewhere later in the game. The monocle is still in my inventory.

Answer to your question:
Yes, but I doubt that's his doing. He's under cover as a shoemaker

Quick tip, when the three wraiths are summoned, Jenny heals if they get close to you.

So just keep away from the three, and eventually they disappear and Jenny will have regened no health.

Crossbow will also oneshot them if it hits.

so yeah i dont like to use my points until i hit a wall on my RPGs (unless is a skill i want/like), in the baron quest i maxed the trap one where the secondary mode puts a ward that causes a lot of damage to wraiths and also boost your attacks when they walk on your trap circle.

i like it more than my igni one tbh!

Cartoons

Banned
Where's the earliest i can find a respec potion?
4Head.png
i have some ragrets

You should be able to find an Alchemist on the East side of big Skillege island, beside a cave, and once you finish his quest he'll have 5 of them in stock. Don't think you need to do any quests to get to him, bar the one which makes him sell to you.

Edit
Map picture: http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...143/1AA9B12290C9C58928F889DB5C136E2B3D3075AB/

GAF, Wandering in the Dark quest, how do I
open that wall/stone thing after defeating Nithral, it has a weird symbol I haven't seen before.

Jenny O Woods is wrecking me. I could win if she didn't regen. I know you're supposed to hit the illusions, but I can never do it in time.

There's a bomb that prevents her from doing the ability. Moon Dust bomb?. You have to time it right though. You have to guess at which poins she's going to use that ability and throw the bomb before she does it

Havent played any previous Witcher games but I'm really loving this. I'm so involved in the story and the side quests. Writing is amazing. Anyone catch the movie references in the notice for Fists of Fury: Novigrad? Amazing.

As someone said above, really not liking Yen. Keira makes a comment about her treating Geralt like a dog and all I could think was 'shiiiit thats spot on'

I also ran into that high level wild Griffin, it knocked me off a fucking ridge

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not a fan of the 'yeah this stuff's way out leveled for you' in the second zone.

Like just don't show it to me on the map if that's the case.

Renae

Is there any missable side quests ? Because some prologue quests are hard in Death March and I'm only at Lvl 2 at the end of this prologue.

Walking around Valen at night and I found a guy who
challenged me to a duel to the death. He yielded in like three hits. I don't want to know what the story with him is, but has anyone found him again?

Is the guy who did the photo mode mod through cheat engine here? I'm just wondering something regarding cutscenes. the camera is severely zoomed out during cutscenes. I guess its an effect because of the mod? I'll survive, can just disable the photo mode during cutscene heavy questlines. Just wondering if it's supposed to do that.

Furyous

I ran into an issue completing family matters.
I followed the scent from the candle to the cellar with the hidden shrine and went back to the main room. Checked picture frame, everything behind it, the flowers on the table, the scaffolding, and the candle again. Quest marker tells me I'm missing something. What am I missing? Where is the armor in the baron's castle?

Serrato

Not a fan of the 'yeah this stuff's way out leveled for you' in the second zone.

Like just don't show it to me on the map if that's the case.

Come back later? And even though it's activated at first, you can deactivate points of interest, so when you explore you never know what you're gonna face.

MisterM

Oh wow, the
Botchling
quest is pretty dark. I've not finished it yet but chose to
not kill it

Also, anyone got any tips on defeating the Cockatrice bounty? I'm terrible at dodging its attacks and just die. Lots. :(

Tacitus_

Does the game tell you when the prologue ends?

I don't think there's a giant "PROLOGUE OVER" text, but it ends after you leave the White Orchard.

challenged me to a duel to the death. He yielded in like three hits. I don't want to know what the story with him is, but has anyone found him again?
Yeah, he shows up again.

Cartoons

Banned

Is he the guy who goes on about Bilberry Maid or something? If so then yeah. Bumped into him a few more times after the first in Novigrad. Spoilers for what ends up happening,
I met him again like, 3 times I think over the course of the game. Final time I met him in Novigrad I just killed him (he tries to take you on 3v1, and has a shield now, what a douche right?) but the dialogue had other options. So not sure how it'd go if you don't slice him in half.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Oh man just the story please is the way to go with this.
It is so much more enjoyable now that I don't have to worry about the combat.

depends on how you played out the quest and ended it

spoilers concerning it, dont read if dont wanna know. short answer yes or no depending on choices

in depth spoilers

if you sent her to Kaer Morehn you will see her there in Act 2. If you let her leave to try to persuade the king, you will find her burnt body in act 3. Also if you killed her in her quest, then no obviously you wont see her.

Cartoons

Banned
I guess it's not spoilers just to ask if anyone's seen Iorveth yet? Witcher 2 characters I've met so far are
Triss, Zoltan and Dandelion, Letho, Roche & Ves, and a few other minor characters, but no Iorveth yet. Considering he's 1 of the main characters, and definitely was in my play-through, I'd be disappointed if he's completely omitted,

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I HIGHLY recommend people turn off undiscovered POIs so the map isn't just a bunch of ? marks letting you know where to beeline to. I'm enjoying the open world a hell of a lot more just naturally finding stuff, where before I was just placing markers and zigzaging to everything.

Are automatic finishers the occasional thing where geralt does some attack that usually decaps an opponent? How do you even do those if you turn it off?

Are automatic finishers the occasional thing where geralt does some attack that usually decaps an opponent? How do you even do those if you turn it off?

I get them every time if I cast axii on the enemy first. Also I've noticed them happening naturally too, always if I'm a few levels higher than the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom