• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

20ish hours in, feeling like this is the most engaging/well-designed open world game I've ever played.

Consistently blown away. Regarding Ghosts of the Past,
Letho made it abundantly clear NOT TO GET INVOLVED. But god dammit, I just couldn't help myself, and charged in with vengeance. Welp, told him to seek refuge at Kaer Morhen, so who knows!

But the writing is undeniably phenomenal.

phaze

It made sense to me because Geralt cares about Ciri too. It's something he might do regardless of the Emhyr.

Yeah but he seemingly accepted to use Ciri's affection for him to locate, catch and hand her over to the Emperor. Which is why I'm hoping (am reasonably sure too) that it won't go down like that. Just would have liked him to protest more about that.

Oh man, I stayed home today instead of going to class to sleep in and hopefully conquer the cold I've been enduring. Planning to play some more of this amazing game and finally get out of White Orchard and into some of the other regions!

Also, I'm sure a lot of people experienced the invisible horse bug (or the one where Geralt dismounts while the horse is ahead of him) but I'm going to post my little clip anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69prus2o2M

Tacitus_

I am begining to understand why the game deserves an 18+ rating. I am doing the barons quest line atm... and man that is one dark and horrible story line so far, definitely not intended for children.

The thing is, that's pretty average for Witcher. You'll see way more fucked up stuff.

Yeah but he seemingly accepted to use Ciri's affection for him to locate, catch and hand her over to the Emperor. Which is why I'm hoping (am reasonably sure too) that it won't go down like that. Just would have liked him to protest more about that.

You can protest about it, but I felt it wiser not to say "fuck no I'm not doing what you ask" to the most powerful man in the setting >_>

Serrato

Definitely. Anyone know who Geralt's English VO is? Love his voice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Cockle

MV5BMjIxOTk1MDI4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU0NDI5MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Stiler

Has anyone found a way (mod or ini change) to add the tattoo to Geralt?

I lost my saves long ago but thought since there was a simulate button for TW2 worldstate I'd be fine, but the tattoo seems to only show if you import a save instead.

Already 19 hours in and don't want to start over so hoping there's a way to add it in somehow.

Lingitiz

The return to Kaer Morhen is a visual high point. The lighting is seriously on another level (PC). Everything in that segment is the best.

TraBuch

Banned
Ugh. Ran into a main story quest bug. In the Get Junior quest,
I met with Roche and am supposed to meet him by a bridge. I fast traveled there and he never showed up, meditated, restarted, did everything. Went back to his camp and now he's just standing at the entrance without moving. Can't interact with him or anything.

Anyone experience this and get it fixed?

Funny, back when it was the first time I played the Witcher series and I really hated the voice actor because of the neutral/american accent. But it grew on me and loved it eventually

Place of haunting is tied to a quest from Kierre. If you've started the quest you need to climb the Tower to the top and find a hidden door with your senses, not the lamp. Climb further and use the lamp to continue the quest.

I've already completed that quest and this spot is way out of bounds from the area that I was supposed to check around.

NZerker12

So my dad has just started playing the game and has done the mission where you
look for the arsinist
the problem is when the drowners came, one of them killed the merchant who sells the dlc. I told my dad not to worry because he will probably respawn when he returns to the town, yet the guy is still dead.

Is my dad screwed and can't get the dlc or will the guy respawn sometime?

nib95

Banned
What is the name of a potion that just gives you an immediate chunk of health? Fed up of eating different foods that give health a tad too slowly.

QP3

Only a few hours in, but what do the different color text options indicate? Do the darker yellow ones move the story forward?

Reebot

Did that quest but no
Letho
, wounder what i did wrong

If the house was full of wraiths, Letho is dead. Otherwise you'll find him in one of the buildings while you search the place; you can tell he's alive if there are traps instead of monsters.

Caja 117

I am begining to understand why the game deserves an 18+ rating. I am doing the barons quest line atm... and man that is one dark and horrible story line so far, definitely not intended for children.

This Witcher is basically the Game of Thrones of video games, very mature content.

Anyone run into the no running bug?

I appear to be unable to run / jog when on foot, it started around the
Wandering in the Dark
mission.

I thought I might be over burdened or something but after selling off a lot of items I am now at a load of 36 and still cant run. It is pretty much game breaking, can't play any more till they fix it. I have now played for a good few hours after that mission as well, its only when I am on foot as well not when I am on the horse.

roytheone

Just beaten the griffon and ventured forth to no man's land, and holy shit this game is huge! So many places to go, so many quests to complete!

So it's not possible to have Roach hold items?

Buy saddlebags from the dlc merchant at white orchard.

that fucking sucks. There should be a campfire or inn option or something. At least a bed you can rest in.

If you play on normal or easy you can meditate to get your health back.

I've already completed that quest and this spot is way out of bounds from the area that I was supposed to check around.

Huh, no idea then. I never bothered activating the other mini quests on my first run and only just started lighting them up on my new save. Guessing I'm gonna get stuck on a number of these too. I got stuck following a couple of main quest markers as it was.

Reebot

What triggers it one way or the other?

The Witcher 2, or if you haven't played that game the interrogation before you meet the Emperor.

He's either alive or dead in the game by the time you get to Novigrad, you can't influence it one way or the other.

dlauv

This is in no way meant to be an insult but this game strongly reminds me of the first Fable. The art style, the combat, the magic, the creatures, the wooden houses, the peasants, etc. The Witcher 3 is what I expected the first Fable to be when it was first announced by Peter Molyneux, and although it was never as vast and as expansive as everyone was led to believe it would be it was still a great game.

I've been thinking that non stop.

aku:jiki

Holy shit, I'm at 21 hours and I've barely even done anything. My whole Velen map is just question marks and I've really only killed a werewolf, helped a few scavengers, fed some kids, played a little bit of gwent, played detective with the Baron and hung out with Keira, and I haven't even been dying very much nor am I the type to mess around and dilly-dally when I play games. I sprint or fast travel to the nearest objective at all times and I won't even play the gwent match if my draw was crap, just forfeit and draw again.

Generally, when they try to sell you a game by telling you how many hours it is, I have to at least halve that to get my actual probable playtime. They say 10 hours, it's gonna take me 4. This game, they've said about 100 but it's looking like it'll be 200-300 at this rate. Insane. I can't wait for more and having to go to sleep is some bullshit.

Sorian

Banned
Any particular food that grants quicker regeneration? So far I'm using Wolf liver and bread.

Meats of any kind seem to be the fastest regen. Swallow potion and it's upgraded forms will always be your best bet, the only drawback to them is if you take damage regen stops for a few seconds.

Have full Ursine Witcher set (starting). But I have the schematics for the upgrades once I reach the appropriate level. No more wearing shitty armor that looks like a table cloth sewn together into a sweater!

The cool thing about these is that the more you upgrade them the better it gets looks-wise, cool accessories and shit get added. And yes I've been too lazy to remove some of the regular gameplay UI shit. Doesn't really bother me.

Dynasty8

This Witcher is basically the Game of Thrones of video games, very mature content.

Yup, I'm loving the lore behind the series. Very complex and interesting. Politics, racism, religion...and that's only the beginning. I'm in Novigrad right now and loving this part of the story even more than the Baron's now. Won't spoil anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom