• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrato

What is the name of a potion that just gives you an immediate chunk of health? Fed up of eating different foods that give health a tad too slowly.

You are looking for the White Raffard's decoction. I still haven't all the ingredients myself (goddamn Nekkers Hearts never drop) but the description indicate an immediate Vitality boost.

Lingitiz

Going back and watching some scenes from the Witcher 1, been a while since I played it. This game feels less standalone than TW2 was TBH. I mean you can still play it and understand everything, but there's a lot of cameos and call backs to characters from the first game that make it really rewarding for people who've played it.

usp84

I just got to the second area and the first thing i did was go to Novigrad city.There
a man and a woman were burned alive but without any explanation.

Maybe i shouldnt have gone there this soon?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Have full Ursine Witcher set (starting). But I have the schematics for the upgrades once I reach the appropriate level. No more wearing shitty armor that looks like a table cloth sewn together into a sweater!

The cool thing about these is that the more you upgrade them the better it gets looks-wise, cool accessories and shit get added. And yes I've been too lazy to remove some of the regular gameplay UI shit. Doesn't really bother me.
That's cool. I'm not high enough level for Ursine yet but just got Griffon and I'm a big fan of it.

How do you know when the upgrades are available? Crafting recipes?

The Witcher 2, or if you haven't played that game the interrogation before you meet the Emperor.

He's either alive or dead in the game by the time you get to Novigrad, you can't influence it one way or the other.

Imported my W2 save that he is alive in

Sorian

Banned
I just got to the second area and the first thing i did was go to Novigrad city.There
a man and a woman were burned alive but without any explanation.

What explanation do you need? The world is a shitty place.

Tacitus_

two a man and a woman were burned alive but without any explanation.

It's not explained outside the city. People within the city will tell you about it, they're
witch hunts

Have full Ursine Witcher set (starting). But I have the schematics for the upgrades once I reach the appropriate level. No more wearing shitty armor that looks like a table cloth sewn together into a sweater!

The cool thing about these is that the more you upgrade them the better it gets looks-wise, cool accessories and shit get added. And yes I've been too lazy to remove some of the regular gameplay UI shit. Doesn't really bother me.

I'm a bit jealous. I'm a few levels away from being able to wear the feline set, and it doesn't look that bad when you get the mastered set, but Ursine set looks the best.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Should I sell a flawless ruby to get the last piece of Temerian armor, or are they rare enough to save?

roytheone

yeah I knew that, which is why I asked about B&B. I'm not knocking down the difficulty, but there should be a way for you to regain health without spending items.

There is a skill that gives you a decent health regen during the day, I think it is called sun & stars or something like that. Helped me tremendously with my food situation on B&B

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
There is a skill that gives you a decent health regent during the day, I think it is called sun & stars or something like that. Helped me tremendously with my food situation on B&B
I found that I quickly outpaced the regen it gave as I leveled up, especially with the +500 vitality ability. Useful early on though.

That's cool. I'm not high enough level for Ursine yet but just got Griffon and I'm a big fan of it.

How do you know when the upgrades are available? Crafting recipes?

I'm a bit jealous. I'm a few levels away from being able to wear the feline set, and it doesn't look that bad when you get the mastered set, but Ursine set looks the best.

I just saw what the final one looks like and I knew I wanted it, regardless of the others lol. And luckily enough I had reached the area where the starting one is already (And I had the superior schematics apparently from random looting during some quest).

If people wanna know how to get them let me know, I have the guide. There's info around google as well though.

As to when you know upgrades are available, you have to get the schematics for the upgraded armor. Each level is its own schematic. For EVERYTHING. Including swords.

D23

Its been a while since i got addicted to a video games, but witcher 3 got me hooked. i can't stop thinking about it at work. I just want to go home and do more exploring.

love it!!

Dynasty8

two a man and a woman were burned alive but without any explanation.

No it's fine.

The woman who got burned was a sorceress merchant character you meet in TW2, not that important...the older guy was Doppler (someone who can change into anyone they wish (like Mystique from X-men). Pretty much Redania is going after all who can use special types of Magic and killing them....the reason for this was due to something that happened in the end of TW2 that made all magic users a threat.

Tom Penny

I enjoy this game . In getting more used trying to open every piece of the map and knowing when to bail against certain baddies. Anyone know if there is a way to remove the enemy names on PC? I'd rather not have to see them.

tuxfool

Banned
If people think the Novigrad-No Mans Land region is pretty, they haven't seen anything yet.

Ard Skellig is amazing. I just spent two hours simply walking...

So my dad has just started playing the game and has done the mission where you
look for the arsinist
the problem is when the drowners came, one of them killed the merchant who sells the dlc. I told my dad not to worry because he will probably respawn when he returns to the town, yet the guy is still dead.

Is my dad screwed and can't get the dlc or will the guy respawn sometime?
I would like to know this as well. Same shit happened to me.
Can any gaf members comment on this situation with the dead merchant? I'm in da same boat.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The feline armour rocks. Lvl 14 just got all gear/weapons. With the light armour skill plus a 5% red mutagen and the plus light attack skill maxed I do 779 damage with a silver sword. Killed a basilisk guarding the last part before even getting the swords in 20 seconds. Might be time to bump the difficulty up again.

Robiin

This is probably the first open world game I feel not only gives me a boatload of things to do, but at the same time values amd respects my time. Even the smallest menial tasks have great stories to tell.

I keep thinking how crazily my gaming has been since November. I've only bought three games, Smash Bros., Bloodborne and this. They have given me so much entertainment, and so many hours for my money that I'm thinking I don't need to buy any more games this year. I can play only these three in rotation and still not be "done" for a long time.

Amazing time to be a gamer. At least for me.

Respect

While farming for the money to acquire the
emerald essence
, it drops on the last part of the undiscovered map from a
wraith
.../cheer.

Tacitus_

No it's fine.

The woman who got burned was a sorceress merchant character you meet in TW2, not that important...the older guy was Doppler (someone who can change into anyone they wish (like Mystique from X-men). Pretty much Redania is going after all who can use special types of Magic and killing them....the reason for this was due to something that happened in the end of TW2 that made all magic users a threat.

Eh, it's not that cut-and-dry.
They're burning alchemists, village healers, herbalists...

roytheone

I found that I quickly outpaced the regen it gave as I leveled up, especially with the +500 vitality ability. Useful early on though.

I defiantly am starting to feel the usefulness of the skill diminish, but now I have a buttload of alcohol stocked and have much more money to buy stuff, so that shouldn't be a problem. It is still a great skill to help you early on when you are still figuring things out and suck at the combat!

If people think the Novigrad-No Mans Land region is pretty, they haven't seen anything yet.

Ard Skellig is amazing. I just spent two hours simply walking...
Same, same. I love that you can get there with a little dedication. Not locked to one quest line. I was there for a quest or two last night and it was amazing.

I guess it's not spoilers just to ask if anyone's seen Iorveth yet? Witcher 2 characters I've met so far are
Triss, Zoltan and Dandelion, Letho, Roche & Ves, and a few other minor characters, but no Iorveth yet. Considering he's 1 of the main characters, and definitely was in my play-through, I'd be disappointed if he's completely omitted,

im curious about this as well. Wondering if he is even in this game.

RK9039

PC folk, you playing with a controller or kb+m? Not sure which one I wanna go with.

Playing with controller but switching between all the signs and menus with mouse+keyboard.

Did the same thing with GTAV where I had my controller nearby for the driving. I love games that allow you switch on the fly like that.

Skelter

Banned
PC folk, you playing with a controller or kb+m? Not sure which one I wanna go with.

Controller. It just feels cumbersome playing a K+M as it is. A lot of the annoying things I deal with it such as walking too fast, switching spells during combat, and other stuff becomes more manageable with a controller. Also this is a third person game with targeting. I don't need to worry about being too quick or accurate.

Fou-Lu

Gangs of Novigrad seems to be bugged. Quest log says think over Cleaver's offer, but talking to him does nothing but have Geralt says he isn't interested in Cleaver's squabbles.

25 hours in and I still haven't gone to Novigrad and Oxenfurt...just having a lot of fun doing sidequest and exploring.

If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend just picking a direction you haven't gone and just going. I guarantee you'll find all sorts of interesting stuff while exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom